• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hope the couriers don't get confused by the large printed address of Thorzone when it comes to shipping :x we once had a package end up in a crazy location for a similar reason

I don’t think that will be a problem, since the freight courier has their own shipping label that they will stick on there (with a barcode). Our address is part of the legal requirements :)

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
Would you guys still take special request for faster shipping by air if you guys do make the decision on shipping by sea? (I think this was mentioned a while back, not sure if it was still on the table)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Would you guys still take special request for faster shipping by air if you guys do make the decision on shipping by sea? (I think this was mentioned a while back, not sure if it was still on the table)
YES THIS ^^ 100% I really want to pay extra for DHL Express shipping. They're the gold standard in international shipping and the only one I'd trust with handling my Mjolnir! I will pay the extra cost for it.

YdderMkIV

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2020

YES THIS ^^ 100% I really want to pay extra for DHL Express shipping. They're the gold standard in international shipping and the only one I'd trust with handling my Mjolnir! I will pay the extra cost for it.
It would be ridiculous to have to pay extra for air shipping at this point. Remember when the cases were definitely going to be done before CNY, and then 95% sure going to be completely finished and shipped in March? At the end of the day the case will ship a full year late, and whatever the circumstances may be, other case makers have been able to complete multiple full production run in this time period. Anything other than air shipping is unacceptable

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
它是直接从中国工厂发送给中国客户的吗?
Post in English only please, as per the rules you agreed to whilst registering.

"Is it sent directly from the Chinese factory to the Chinese customer?" - Google translate

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Hi alex.
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before.
Does this case include the 4th generation riser card?

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I just bought a set of custom unsleeved cables from pslate for the Formd T1. It has a near identical layout to Mjolnir so I'm hoping to use them when my Mjolnir comes. I'll let everyone know if they work once my Mjolnir comes in! @AlexTzone you should send pslate a case so they can make custom cables that are 100% guaranteed to work!!

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I just bought a set of custom unsleeved cables from pslate for the Formd T1. It has a near identical layout to Mjolnir so I'm hoping to use them when my Mjolnir comes. I'll let everyone know if they work once my Mjolnir comes in! @AlexTzone you should send pslate a case so they can make custom cables that are 100% guaranteed to work!!
Given that eps placements and gpu power connectors are not standardized 100% guarantee is not possible, unless you make every cable longer than it needs to be, which defeats the purpose of custom cables. The only 100% guarantee is to do it yourself for your own set of components

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Given that eps placements and gpu power connectors are not standardized 100% guarantee is not possible, unless you make every cable longer than it needs to be, which defeats the purpose of custom cables. The only 100% guarantee is to do it yourself for your own set of components
Pslate asks you which motherboard, power supply, gpu and case you are using exactly for that reason. Im just taking a gamble these will work in mjolnir too. I didn't wanna do em myself cause I was afraid of screwing something up with the sense wires and then poof!

Reactions: rfarmer

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Just seen the Louqe Raw S1 case. Not a fan myself but interesting to see a "rival" brand using a unibody + core design.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Just seen the Louqe Raw S1 case. Not a fan myself but interesting to see a "rival" brand using a unibody + core design.
Its interesting to note that the vertical potential of the mjolnir has been floated at least twice on this thread

November 2018

October 2019

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
The videos of the cases being CNC-machined in Sweden is also interesting. The idea of CNC'ing the Mjolnir was suggested a while ago, so it is interesting to see Louqe using CNC and producing the cases locally in Sweden. They are claiming 200 cases/wk.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
The videos of the cases being CNC-machined in Sweden is also interesting. The idea of CNC'ing the Mjolnir was suggested a while ago, so it is interesting to see Louqe using CNC and producing the cases locally in Sweden. They are claiming 200 cases/wk.

That's amazing! Functionality and design aside, the Raw S1 seems to be much better value compared to the Mjolnir given that it is manufactured in Sweden and offered at the same price.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Its interesting to note that the vertical potential of the mjolnir has been floated at least twice on this thread

November 2018

October 2019

We’ve got some ideas for that already! ;)

MJOLNIR is extruded and CNCd, same as RAW!

That's amazing! Functionality and design aside, the Raw S1 seems to be much better value compared to the Mjolnir given that it is manufactured in Sweden and offered at the same price.

Hold your horses, the reason we didn’t do it in Sweden was because it would cost 5x for the same tolerances of the unibody shell.

We could make a Swedish produced MJOLNIR where the height / width of the case differ by 1.5mm (horrible tolerances), rather than 0.125-0.25.