• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
2-3 weeks is what it will take to assemble the cases according to the factory, once assembly starts (it's up and running as we speak). If I told you guys that assembly would be started on February 20:th, that's incorrect of me. It would be more correct to say that we'll prepare assembly on February 20:th and then start once the stations are ready.

As to why I'm not adding a few weeks to what the factory tells us, i.e. why I say 2-3 weeks and not 4-6 weeks - is because I've noticed that there's always some sort of delay..i.e. if I say 4-6 it will turn to 6-8, etc. I don't know why that is exactly, but if we tell you 4-6 I'll probably (subconsciously) be more lenient with the factory, which will cause them to delay more than if I said 2-3. So to be realistic:
  • I'm 100% sure MJOLNIR will be delivered in 2021
  • 95% sure it will be finished in March
  • 99.99% sure it will be finished & shipped by April
  • 100% sure our delivery date-precision will increase as we do more production cycles

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I’d like to also mention that it might be worth to distinguish between “shipping” and “arriving”. So if it ships in April, it may be May by the time it arrives

Reactions: YdderMkIV

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I’d like to also mention that it might be worth to distinguish between “shipping” and “arriving”. So if it ships in April, it may be May by the time it arrives

We're trying to avoid shipping by sea at all costs (takes way to long) and ~7 days by air seems to be possible. Shipping quotes should be coming in this & next week, so hopefully we'll have some good news for you with regards to "arriving". UPS gave us an absolutely epic quote for 7-days by air...but it turned out they calculated the prices from Sweden -> World rather than China -> World...but it should be within reasonable range once they give us the correct quote. If it is, we'll jump right on it.

This is how the conversation goes with regards to freight:

- Hey I'm Alex, we have a bunch of cases in China that will be shipped worldwide.
- Hey Alex, that's great! What are your company details?
- We're a Swedish company blablabla.
- Okay Alex, here's a quote with shipping from Sweden to the rest of the world.

nooo GIF

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
We're trying to avoid shipping by sea at all costs (takes way to long) and ~7 days by air seems to be possible. Shipping quotes should be coming in this & next week, so hopefully we'll have some good news for you with regards to "arriving". UPS gave us an absolutely epic quote for 7-days by air...but it turned out they calculated the prices from Sweden -> World rather than China -> World...but it should be within reasonable range once they give us the correct quote. If it is, we'll jump right on it.

- Hey I'm Alex, we have a bunch of cases in China that will be shipped worldwide.

nooo GIF
Hahahaha I feel the frustration! Keep up the good work.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
What about certifications? Are those all done and approved? If I remember correctly shipping of cases won't happen until certifications are done and pass?

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Hey Alex,

Thanks for the updates! I messaged you on Kickstarter about my change of address based on your most recent estimates, it's likely the cases will be shipped after I move so I'd like to update the address on my pledge.

Thanks!

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
2-3 weeks is what it will take to assemble the cases according to the factory, once assembly starts (it's up and running as we speak). If I told you guys that assembly would be started on February 20:th, that's incorrect of me. It would be more correct to say that we'll prepare assembly on February 20:th and then start once the stations are ready.

As to why I'm not adding a few weeks to what the factory tells us, i.e. why I say 2-3 weeks and not 4-6 weeks - is because I've noticed that there's always some sort of delay..i.e. if I say 4-6 it will turn to 6-8, etc. I don't know why that is exactly, but if we tell you 4-6 I'll probably (subconsciously) be more lenient with the factory, which will cause them to delay more than if I said 2-3. So to be realistic:
  • I'm 100% sure MJOLNIR will be delivered in 2021
  • 95% sure it will be finished in March
  • 99.99% sure it will be finished & shipped by April
  • 100% sure our delivery date-precision will increase as we do more production cycles

I think the way you communicated it everyone expected that it will take 2-3 weeks after Feb 20:

Does that mean backers who payed for air freight get a refund?

Last edited by a moderator:

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018

nooo GIF
Hi Alex!

Since you'll be shipping directly from China, what will happen in regards to VAT, Import Tax and Customs for EU backers?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone I think I will echo these very good questions by the various members:

What about CE certifications? Are those all done and approved? If I remember correctly shipping of cases won't happen until certifications are done and pass?
Does that mean backers who payed for air freight get a refund?
In the event that the courier charges tax onto the incoming MJOLNIR, often "handling fees" will also occur as a result. Is THOR ZONE committed in refunded these costs as well?

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
This has been answered multiple times already. VAT, import tax and customs is included in the shipping cost. Therefore you can expect zero additional cost upon delivery.

Back in 2019, the plan was to ship the cases from Sweden. This means no customs, no handling fees and most importantly no delays.

VAT, import tax and customs is included in the shipping cost. Therefore you can expect zero additional cost upon delivery.

These are calculated by the customs office upon arrival. I've had to pay upwards of 35% on top of the purchase price (incl shipping) for items sent from China.

Are you certain the delivery company will handle these costs? How does that work exactly?

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Back in 2019, the plan was to ship the cases from Sweden. This means no customs, no handling fees and most importantly no delays.

These are calculated by the customs office upon arrival. I've had to pay upwards of 35% on top of the purchase price (incl shipping) for items sent from China.

Are you certain the delivery company will handle these costs? How does that work exactly?

Yes I am certain, unless Alex lied to us or the shipping company makes a mistake.
So basically they pay the taxes, duties and handling fees in advance (just like Amazon does it when shipping to non-EU countries). Don't know how exactly this works but I guess there has to be some kind of confirmation on the shipping invoice.

Last edited:

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
So basically they pay the taxes, duties and handling fees in advance (just like Amazon does it when shipping to non-EU countries). Don't know how exactly this works but I guess there has to be some kind of confirmation on the shipping invoice.

Question is, why they pay taxes and duties if destination country has customs limit which allow do not pay any, because case cost less this limit. Looks like they put come additional cash in their pocket for unwanted service.

And if item/order shipped outside country or region VAT must be always excluded. No any other variant. For example EKWB shop, Slovenia or Watercool, Germany.

Last edited:

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Question is, why they pay taxes and duties if destination country has customs limit which allow do not pay any, because case cost less this limit. Looks like they put come additional cash in their pocket for unwanted service.

And if item/order shipped outside country or region VAT must be always excluded. No any other variant. For example EKWB shop, Slovenia or Watercool, Germany.

Chinese VAT is excluded, you are only paying the Russian VAT.
Also, the duty free limit seems to be 200€ in Russia. So you are obligated to pay import TAX/VAT anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
On kickstarter case price was with VAT included in any way. So it is double tax. You will pay VAT and also increased customs duty because of VAT included.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
@AlexTzone

@Chayuttt

Alex,

I am well aware that you are busy but sometimes you gotta know about the customer service that is important in order to avoid conflicts.

I have my original backer number to this buyer, Chayutt. I need you to amend the shipping address urgently. I will pm you with his address and my backer number.

Please amend it urgently before shipment will begin.

Thank you,

Dan

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@AlexTzone I'm concerned about this comment you posted today on the kickstarter page:

"I'd say it's still 95%, i.e. at least the vaaast
majority (if not all) of cases will be
finished. We're experiencing slow process
for the Dark (gray) colors compared to
Stealth and Steel, since that color is very
sensitive, but progress is made even on
that front."

What is the current situation with the dark cases? Is there a viable solution? How long will this delay completion and shipment? It's been so long since we've had an update on production besides for a few comments spread across multiple forums and social media pages. Can you please fill us all in on the latest details concerning production. Its OK if things are delayed or facing complications just be up front with all of us and let us know, we've waited this long, it's not a big deal. It's worse if details are kept from us and we only find out two weeks from now when everyone starts spamming comments questioning why it's mid April and there's been no official update.