• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone - any chance you’ve seen my message on Kickstarter about changing colors?
Are you part of Batch 1 or the Kickstarter batch? We’ve already completed all surface treatment for those batches, so changing colors is unfortunately not possible anymore :/ So sorry give such news! :((

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Are you part of Batch 1 or the Kickstarter batch? We’ve already completed all surface treatment for those batches, so changing colors is unfortunately not possible anymore :/ So sorry give such news! :((
Ok no worries! Part of the Kickstarter batch.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey @AlexTzone is everything set with the certifications now? I'm still worried that's going to cause a delay with shipping out our cases. How's it all coming along??

ArkImpulse

Cable Smoosher
Mar 2, 2021
Hello,

I'm still a little confused on the timeline and Kickstarter Batch, Batch 1 and Batch 2.
Is Batch 2 the preorder window that happened in November?
I received an email then that Batch 1 are finished this week (this was in November) and manufacturing and shipping Batch 2 in March 2021.
Someone help clarify this?

Thanks,

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hello,

I'm still a little confused on the timeline and Kickstarter Batch, Batch 1 and Batch 2.
Is Batch 2 the preorder window that happened in November?
I received an email then that Batch 1 are finished this week (this was in November) and manufacturing and shipping Batch 2 in March 2021.
Someone help clarify this?

Thanks,
As far as I know:

Kickstarter Batch = Kickstarter Backers
Batch 1 = June Pre-order
Batch 2 = November Pre-order

Kickstarter and Batch 1 are being produced as one big batch, and have been expectedly delayed. The current timeline (but with substantial optimism in my opinion) is that we are 2 weeks ish away from these two batches being assembled and packed. They will still need to send 10 randomized units to Sweden for inspection first, and then when those are green-lighted the other ones will be sent out from these two batches.

As far as I am aware, those who pre-ordered in November there is no ETA, and that they have not reached the minimum order quantity, so they're still negotiating on this.

Reactions: ArkImpulse

ArkImpulse

Cable Smoosher
Mar 2, 2021
As far as I know:

Kickstarter Batch = Kickstarter Backers
Batch 1 = June Pre-order
Batch 2 = November Pre-order

Kickstarter and Batch 1 are being produced as one big batch, and have been expectedly delayed. The current timeline (but with substantial optimism in my opinion) is that we are 2 weeks ish away from these two batches being assembled and packed. They will still need to send 10 randomized units to Sweden for inspection first, and then when those are green-lighted the other ones will be sent out from these two batches.

As far as I am aware, those who pre-ordered in November there is no ETA, and that they have not reached the minimum order quantity, so they're still negotiating on this.
Thanks for clarification!

x0BM0x

Case Bender
New User
Mar 4, 2021
Hi all - can someone please recommend to me the best Low Profile PCIe power cable/adapters that are used for SFF cases?

BAS1C

Caliper Novice
Dec 10, 2020
Oh damn. No MoQ yet? Hope we’re not waiting til middle of summer for batch 2 :( any idea how far off we are for this batch?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Oh damn. No MoQ yet? Hope we’re not waiting til middle of summer for batch 2 :( any idea how far off we are for this batch?
Somewhere in the back of my memory I think Alex said they will cover the costs of the MoQ regardless, but manufacturing will only start when Batch1 is completed, so I think middle of the summer sounds about right at least to me.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
@AlexTzone

I have sent you a few emails but will disregard the previous one except the latest one is what I am waiting for your response.

Please respond to my enquiry asap.

Thank you.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Heey guys, sorry for the lack of communication is the past days, still coordinating a bunch of stuff. Anyhow, assembly is up and running! 😄
9 working days since the 20th of Feb has passed, assuming the factory is a 9-5 job (8 hours a day) 57-working hours per person has been consumed. How far in are you into the 750-man hours? Even with 6 people on the job, we should be well into the half-way point?

Edit: I clearly can't count or live in a world where there are only 4 working days per week (I wish), so make that 11 days and 88 hours instead. But the overall statement is still the same - how are we doing? we should be almost done no?

Last edited:
Reactions: YdderMkIV

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
9 working days since the 20th of Feb has passed, assuming the factory is a 9-5 job (8 hours a day) 57-working hours per person has been consumed. How far in are you into the 750-man hours? Even with 6 people on the job, we should be well into the half-way point?

It's can't be that far yet, since the factory also prepared the stations, studied the assembly manuals, etc. Right now, they are assembling all the panels and shells. Tomorrow all electronics will arrive and we can start assembling the cores. It's hard to judge exactly how much of the 750 is finished right now. Should have a better understanding pretty soon though.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
It's can't be that far yet, since the factory also prepared the stations, studied the assembly manuals, etc. Right now, they are assembling all the panels and shells. Tomorrow all electronics will arrive and we can start assembling the cores. It's hard to judge exactly how much of the 750 is finished right now. Should have a better understanding pretty soon though.
That's fine by me, I didn't actually expect there to be progress at the speed that it was made to be. Just going to say that people will be disappointed with the fact that it really sounded like there would be a good chance for a mid/end of March delivery.

As far as I see it still to do:
- Assembly and packing of units (in my head, it may not have even started yet?)
- Ship out 10 units to Sweden (...by air?), lets say 1.5 week for transit and potential customs holdups
- Inspection of the units, and greenlighting then. Lets say 0.5 week best case scenario, no issues found
- Finish assembling the units, finalize shipping agreements (fingers crossed for air), 1 week
- Ship out, if air, 1 week, if sea, 3 weeks

So in my perspective, I would be see 4-6 weeks time as a best case scenario, and any delays (e.g. customs hold ups, issues with the samples, etc) could easily knock the schedule back by another 4-6 weeks on top of that....Am I too pessimistic? I really think the communication has been erring on the side of optimistic rather than realistic so far, and would wonder if just tacking on more time on the estimates whether you believe optimistically or not would help avoid the inevitable disappointment.

I guess its a question whether getting served news of a delay after an optimistic schedule is better than being delivered a pesimistic schedule to begin with and maybe being corrected realistically later would be better or not. I personally prefer the latter.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
That's fine by me, I didn't actually expect there to be progress at the speed that it was made to be. Just going to say that people will be disappointed with the fact that it really sounded like there would be a good chance for a mid/end of March delivery.

As far as I see it still to do:
- Assembly and packing of units (in my head, it may not have even started yet?)
- Ship out 10 units to Sweden (...by air?), lets say 1.5 week for transit and potential customs holdups
- Inspection of the units, and greenlighting then. Lets say 0.5 week best case scenario, no issues found
- Finish assembling the units, finalize shipping agreements (fingers crossed for air), 1 week
- Ship out, if air, 1 week, if sea, 3 weeks

So in my perspective, I would be see 4-6 weeks time as a best case scenario, and any delays (e.g. customs hold ups, issues with the samples, etc) could easily knock the schedule back by another 4-6 weeks on top of that....Am I too pessimistic? I really think the communication has been erring on the side of optimistic rather than realistic so far, and would wonder if just tacking on more time on the estimates whether you believe optimistically or not would help avoid the inevitable disappointment.

I guess its a question whether getting served news of a delay after an optimistic schedule is better than being delivered a pesimistic schedule to begin with and maybe being corrected realistically later would be better or not. I personally prefer the latter.
totally with you here, a more pessimistic (realistic) schedule would have been better. I don't know why but Alex keeps communicating overly optimistic timelines even after several warning attempts by multiple people.

anyway, I sold my current PC case end of january in the assumption that the mjolnir would arrive before CNY and now the components are laying around idly. looks like I have to wait at least until april for the new case...

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
totally with you here, a more pessimistic (realistic) schedule would have been better. I don't know why but Alex keeps communicating overly optimistic timelines even after several warning attempts by multiple people.

anyway, I sold my current PC case end of january in the assumption that the mjolnir would arrive before CNY and now the components are laying around idly. looks like I have to wait at least until april for the new case...
I'm very close to being out of the PC building hobby entirely, for me I hope that the case will arrive before my interest in PC building dwindles to the point that I might not actually put the case to use

Reactions: YdderMkIV

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
I'm very close to being out of the PC building hobby entirely, for me I hope that the case will arrive before my interest in PC building dwindles to the point that I might not actually put the case to use
And I'm still waiting on a new GPU ... 12th/16th of april some news hopefully