• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Did you ever do the temp comparison between this radiator and the 120 mm AIO? At the same time comparing the VRM tempeartures? like how you did for the Tundra.

Actually not installed it yet, we don't have all the fittings etc at the moment :/

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I suppose there isn't reason to expect it to be any better as the underlying config is the same as the tundra, just now with a better pump, and radiator.

Not sure, the fins and tubes are made out of uncoated copper so theoretically it has higher capacity. The VRM thermals are legit if you don't have a dedicated fan for them (the Strix X570-I has one).

Reactions: Arboreal

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone

When should we expect a progress update?

I can update you guys on everything during the Q&A and then a summary update 1-2 days after the stream, what do you think? We're very very close to finishing and shipping now, only some surface treatment, assembly and packing left.

Right now we're focusing 100% on all support material around assembly and packing, i.e. instructions, videos, etc. There should be zero confusion when the workers get back to the factory on February 20:th, even if they have never worked at our factory before. The clearer we make this, the faster the whole assembly & packaging step will go. It's a super important step and also why we postponed our first live stream, just needed to get as much of the assembly plan done and sent to the factory before they went on holiday.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I can update you guys on everything during the Q&A and then a summary update 1-2 days after the stream, what do you think? We're very very close to finishing and shipping now, only some surface treatment, assembly and packing left.

Right now we're focusing 100% on all support material around assembly and packing, i.e. instructions, videos, etc. There should be zero confusion when the workers get back to the factory on February 20:th, even if they have never worked at our factory before. The clearer we make this, the faster the whole assembly & packaging step will go. It's a super important step and also why we postponed our first live stream, just needed to get as much of the assembly plan done and sent to the factory before they went on holiday.
Sounds like a great plan!!

So the workers will be back to the factory on February 20th? That's great! We're only losing 8 days of work then to CNY! I guess CNY won't be as big of a set back as I initially thought!

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Sounds like a great plan!!

So the workers will be back to the factory on February 20th? That's great! We're only losing 8 days of work then to CNY! I guess CNY won't be as big of a set back as I initially thought!

Yes that right, only until the 20:th! 😄 No it’s not such a big deal this year, previous years have been much longer as far as I remember :)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
@AlexTzone

Can you confirm that you will send batch 1 and 2 to everyone in early march?

I just sent you a message in PM but been waiting for 2 weeks.
I think we’ll have our cases in front of our doorstep in the end of march. Only speculating but I’m starting to be good at that with the mjolnir.

Edit : Batch 2 in May (let’s take the odds).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone

Can you confirm that you will send batch 1 and 2 to everyone in early march?

I just sent you a message in PM but been waiting for 2 weeks.

I think we’ll have our cases in front of our doorstep in the end of march. Only speculating but I’m starting to be good at that with the mjolnir.

Edit : Batch 2 in May (let’s take the odds).

It will take 750 man-hours to finish everything from Kickstarter & Batch 1, i.e. 3 weeks if we get 6 people to assemble & pack, 2 weeks if we get 10 people to assemble & pack, etc. Once the factory opens on February 20:th, I'll have a much better idea of how many people will work on the assembly. Hopefully we can get 10 :)

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
It will take 750 man-hours to finish everything from Kickstarter & Batch 1, i.e. 3 weeks if we get 6 people to assemble & pack, 2 weeks if we get 10 people to assemble & pack, etc. Once the factory opens on February 20:th, I'll have a much better idea of how many people will work on the assembly. Hopefully we can get 10 :)

Please make sure I have my case in the 30th of march, it‘s my birthday haha.

Reactions: Shinken1

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
All inspections will of course take place before you guys get the cases! It’d be great to help even those who don’t notice mistakes, but I’m not sure how. If it’s significant mistakes, I’m sure people will notice, let us know and we’ll help them. If it’s super significant, we’ll reach out to everybody. But don’t worry, we’re putting everything we got into Batch 1, so it will be epic!

Don't forget that after packing the units, 10 units will get sent to Sweden (not sure how this can be done without the factory knowing obviously that these 10 are going to be QC units), probably get stuck in customs, hopefully released from customs, send through postNord, and then inspected by Alex before any of the cases are getting released to the backers. Or at least thats what Alex said in the past and would be the only proper way to do it.

So all in all, End of March is sounding quite optimistic if packing only starts at the end of February.

@AlexTzone I am a bit concerned that in the way you speak above, it makes it sound like you are going to pack everything and send it straight out to the backers. What happened to inspecting 10 "random" units prior to shipping out? Are you trying to prioritize fulfillment over QCing?

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Don't forget that after packing the units, 10 units will get sent to Sweden (not sure how this can be done without the factory knowing obviously that these 10 are going to be QC units), probably get stuck in customs, hopefully released from customs, send through postNord, and then inspected by Alex before any of the cases are getting released to the backers. Or at least thats what Alex said in the past and would be the only proper way to do it.

So all in all, End of March is sounding quite optimistic if packing only starts at the end of February.

@AlexTzone I am a bit concerned that in the way you speak above, it makes it sound like you are going to pack everything and send it straight out to the backers. What happened to inspecting 10 "random" units prior to shipping out? Are you trying to prioritize fulfillment over QCing?

No don't worry, the QC units will be the first ones off from each variation so we'll receive them before everything is finished and packed (they will NOT be sent to us together). Then we'll also have an on-site full inspection once everything is completed.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
No don't worry, the QC units will be the first ones off from each variation so we'll receive them before everything is finished and packed (they will NOT be sent to us together). Then we'll also have an on-site full inspection once everything is completed.
So that means these units will not be shipped in their final boxes, and therefore you won't be able to test the resilience of the packaging.

I guess also the "first ones from each variation" doesn't sound soooo "randomly selected" to me, but I am sure you know what you're sampling..(No chance to sample early, middle, and late samples of the production run?).

Reactions: YdderMkIV

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So that means these units will not be shipped in their final boxes, and therefore you won't be able to test the resilience of the packaging.

I guess also the "first ones from each variation" doesn't sound soooo "randomly selected" to me, but I am sure you know what you're sampling..(No chance to sample early, middle, and late samples of the production run?).

They will be exactly like the ones you get, packaging and all ;)

Also, there's always that big QC at the end. Another thing is that the factory knows that we have a new order for them already, so if they screw things up they won't get that + we'll open a dispute with them for the first one. I don't think any of this will be a problem, they've been super focused on delivering quality since the start.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
So I got my tx240 radiator. It is 123.5 mm wide. 3.5mm - 4mm of which are part of the fan attachment bar and not the actual core of the radiator. I am absolutely certain that with minimal modification (i.e. Sanding, hammering in, or cutting off part of the fan bracket) I can fit this radiator in the bottom of Mjolnir. My only question now is sticking a second one parallel to my GPU for a double radiator loop in Mjolnir. (I believe this is possible but I may need to leave the side panel un-attached and have the fans protruding out through the gap where the side panel magnetically clips on 😆) Any and all input is welcome, im interested in everyone's ideas on building a custom loop in Mjolnir!

Pictures attached:
XSPC TX240 Radiator Measurements Metric

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone