• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@AlexTzone Are you able to share the size of the side panel?

A, B & R?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone I was just scrolling through the website and found this clause: "Moreover, the buyer's first name and personal MJOLNIR number is printed on the MJOLNIR label" - This sounds like a logistical nightmare, but are you actually doing this? - Also, what is the mjolnir label?

And as a side-note, you say that "When pre-ordered, MJOLNIR is discounted" and then later it says that "Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded." and so are all pre-ordered (kickstarter + batch 2 + batch 3) cases out of the refund window.

How do you also reconcile with EU policy that says:
"

14 day cooling off period​

In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind."

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone Are you able to share the size of the side panel?

A, B & R?

I'd like to be careful with specific design info for now, could you wait until your case arrives? Perhaps I can give approximate dimensions if you tell me your plan? :)

@AlexTzone I was just scrolling through the website and found this clause: "Moreover, the buyer's first name and personal MJOLNIR number is printed on the MJOLNIR label" - This sounds like a logistical nightmare, but are you actually doing this? - Also, what is the mjolnir label?

And as a side-note, you say that "When pre-ordered, MJOLNIR is discounted" and then later it says that "Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded." and so are all pre-ordered (kickstarter + batch 2 + batch 3) cases out of the refund window.

How do you also reconcile with EU policy that says:
"

14 day cooling off period​

In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind."

The label is a sticker on the underside of the case, very small and discreet (contains all required info like CE, logos etc). We're skipping the names since it's a bit too much information if the case ends up getting sold to somebody else (also, several backers have reached out to us and pointed this out).

We have 14 days cancellation on pre-orders, beginning at the time of the pre-order. Every MJOLNIR is made-to-order & at-request, i.e. it's a non-standard/non-stock item, which is different from regular retail stores where a product would be stored in a warehouse until somebody purchases it. We only make as many MJOLNIRs as have been ordered and to their requested specification (i.e. Steel, Dark or Stealth, Performance panels, Tempered glass panels or 2x Panel sets, Booster Cell and all their unique combinations).

So while regular retail stores would have the MJOLNIRs in their warehouses and have standard refund policies, they will be a lot more expensive as well (most likely the most expensive cases in the world since we can't lower our cost to them by much...even at scale...and they'll likely add another 30% in order to profit).

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
We have 14 days cancellation on pre-orders, beginning at the time of the pre-order. Every MJOLNIR is made-to-order & at-request, i.e. it's a non-standard/non-stock item, which is different from regular retail stores where a product would be stored in a warehouse until somebody purchases it.

Make sure to check this with someone with a legal background because merely choosing between some options does necessarily qualify a product as exception to the 14-days rule. Not having a product in stock by default in no way qualifies it.

Some good examples of what qualifies a product as exception are eg.:
- Someone chooses a color that you do not offer by default
- Someone asks to engrave his name on the side of the case
- Someone asks to make the case 3cm wider

Also, the 14 days only start counting once the product has been delivered to the buyer.

Disclaimer: I have no legal background so i may be wrong, but I advice you to find someone who knows about this stuff to be sure you're doing things legally.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
All in all, it sounds like to me that you could be held accountable to the EU policies here as THORZONE is a company and not a private individual. Unless of course you are going to pull the argument that people didn't buy the case when they pre-ordered, all a little bit of a bad move imo.

I think the rules are fairly explicit, and also very consumer-weighted:

"The cooling off period expires 14 days after the day you received your goods."

Additionally, with respect to the one year warranty statement, at least in the EU:

"You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order."

"If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund."

"The 2-year guarantee period starts as soon as you receive your goods. "

Reactions: YdderMkIV

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I'd like to be careful with specific design info for now, could you wait until your case arrives? Perhaps I can give approximate dimensions if you tell me your plan? :)
I want to know because I want to try and mount radiators where the side and top panels go, and want to know what size to plan on getting/if my idea is even feasible! Basically put a radiator on the side instead of the side panel.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone Just checking when we can expect to see the link for the Q&A.. also, I think I correctly translated it as 3:00 ET. Sound right?

We may need to postpone the stream a couple of days, there are so many last-minute steps to coordinate with production right now (as we get closer and closer to Chinese new year). Hope you guys understand :/

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Heads up to my Mjolnir friends, the only 240mm radiator that has a chance of fitting in Mjolnir is back on Amazon, act fast, these go for over 150$ on ebay regularly and are always out of stock (I bought 3 lmao):

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Heads up to my Mjolnir friends, the only 240mm radiator that has a chance of fitting in Mjolnir is back on Amazon, act fast, these go for over 150$ on ebay regularly and are always out of stock (I bought 3 lmao):

Actually that radiator is too wide, i.e. 125mm when MJOLNIR supports up to 120mm. This 240 rad fits without any problems and is really high quality (I've got one): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001308719083.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5ba34c4dnV6JYc

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@AlexTzone can you let me know if this ek xc3 3080 block would fit in Mjolnir:

Based on the measurements for the block: 275x124x20.5mm, and the measurements for what gpu can fit in Mjolnir on your site, I think it will fit, but I'd just like to hear from you before I buy it. Thanks!

Reactions: AlexTzone

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Lol I know I'm posting a lot today but I feel like I have to let you guys know about this:

It looks a lot better than the other knock off from a few months ago. It looks almost like they used your molds from the factory.... I hope not. Anyways I hope you can do something about it!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone can you let me know if this ek xc3 3080 block would fit in Mjolnir:

Based on the measurements for the block: 275x124x20.5mm, and the measurements for what gpu can fit in Mjolnir on your site, I think it will fit, but I'd just like to hear from you before I buy it. Thanks!

I’ve never done a GPU loop before but it looks like it should fit without a probelm 😁

Lol I know I'm posting a lot today but I feel like I have to let you guys know about this:

It looks a lot better than the other knock off from a few months ago. It looks almost like they used your molds from the factory.... I hope not. Anyways I hope you can do something about it!

I see only renderings over there?

There’s no way our factories would dare use any of our drawings, moulds or designs. First, we’re very good business for them. Second, we’ve got VERY punitive contracts that are 100% enforceable in China.

After we’ve shipped out your cases we’ll blast those copycats with our design patents.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Lol welcome to doing business with China. Nothing is 100% enforceable in mainland, except that the Chinese government is always right of course.

Counterfeiting is a billion dollar industry in China, with members of the communist party being the biggest perpetrators. Many fortune 500 companies have spent millions of dollars trying to prevent Chinese counterfeiting and have failed. And the reason is that you can not arrest a higher ranking member of the ruling party. Reminds me of a story of a reporter who went on a Chinese police raid of a counterfeit bearing manufacturer. They found counterfeit bearings in the warehouse area. When the reporter entered the main office he found the chief of police pouring a cup of coffee for the local communist party boss. Needless to say there were no arrests made that day.

Your design patents will be good for the countries you have filed them in, however be prepared to pay an attorney to fight the counterfeits. You would be able to sue anyone who bulk imports them, but people can still buy them on bangood, allibabba, taobo,ect.

XdotX

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
well i will probably go with the corsair h60i then, i was looking for a 240mm aio as well, but i cannot find nothing 23mm thick

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Reactions: N9neBreak3r