• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey @AlexTzone I just discovered that my aio (rog ryuo 120) has a width of 122mm. The specifications for mjolnir state a max aio radiator width of 120mm. Is it possible for it to fit with some effort on my part or is there absolutely no way for it to fit and the 120mm is a firm cut off?

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hey @AlexTzone I just discovered that my aio (rog ryuo 120) has a width of 122mm. The specifications for mjolnir state a max aio radiator width of 120mm. Is it possible for it to fit with some effort on my part or is there absolutely no way for it to fit and the 120mm is a firm cut off?

Since nobody replied, this goes way back to page 22 (almost 2 years ago! wow), but I asked this question a while back

The 120 mm width is unfortunately set in stone (changing it will require widening of the case and redistribution of the frontal pillars as well as change to their width, which is hard to get right economically).

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/mjolnir-the-minimalistic-–-but-not-boring-–-9-7l-case.3500/page-22#post-123014

Page 22

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks for the reply!! Super unfortunate news though. I'll have to look into possibly sanding a millimeter off each side of the radiator (if possible) or just buy a new aio.

List of 120mm AIOs for Mjolnir here:
Dimensions taken from manufacturer's web pages. Note that how well an AIO fits may depend on length/stiffness of tubing, orientation of pump block and connectors, potential interference with motherboard RAM, VRM heatsinks, etc. Note that many AIOs have fancy pump blocks which are too tall to fit in Mjolnir.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
My EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ultra just came in the mail today. If anyone has any questions about the card ill do my best to answer!! Pictures on imgur measuring card:
Thanks for the reply!! Super unfortunate news though. I'll have to look into possibly sanding a millimeter off each side of the radiator (if possible) or just buy a new aio.

The internal width is 121mm +- tolerances, which is why we can guarantee 120mm but not wider (in case of 121 - tolerances). However, that's the worst case scenario, in reality you are more likely to be at 121 or slightly above/below it. So about 0.5mm of filing on each side of the AIO should do it ? Careful so you don't puncture anything important while filing though. I think it's best to wait until you get your MJOLNIR and then do a quick inside measurement ?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
The internal width is 121mm +- tolerances, which is why we can guarantee 120mm but not wider (in case of 121 - tolerances). However, that's the worst case scenario, in reality you are more likely to be at 121 or slightly above/below it. So about 0.5mm of filing on each side of the AIO should do it ? Careful so you don't puncture anything important while filing though. I think it's best to wait until you get your MJOLNIR and then do a quick inside measurement ?

Thanks for the reply! That's great news!!

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Thanks for the Excel! Should probably make a note next to the Eisbaer LT120 that it's pretty much impossible to find in the US due to some legal dispute with Aesetek (at least that's what I found when I was looking for one online). Best you can do is get their 92mm AIO (doesn't come with a fan) and swap out the radiator. Although I question whether the added trouble/cost is worth it over just getting another AIO that fits and is easily available. I was trying to get a full copper AIO but seems they're not very common anymore.

Edit: Ali from Optimum Tech posted a video up about the 3080 FE and sandwich cases:

As expected, the spine of most sandwich cases prevents airflow for the throughput fan and the blower style fan at the back is only able to compensate a little but not enough.

Last edited:

Storm

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Edit: Ali from Optimum Tech posted a video up about the 3080 FE and sandwich cases
As expected, the spine of most sandwich cases prevents airflow for the throughput fan and the blower style fan at the back is only able to compensate a little but not enough.

We may still have hope with this cutout and with the help of the Booster Cell addon ?

Reactions: Shinken1

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
We may still have hope with this cutout and with the help of the Booster Cell addon ?

Semi-moot point in that cut out, as the power supply will be basically directly behind it. You could orient it to pull the air through and vent out the "back" of the PSU, but I'd only recommend doing so on a SFX-L PSU with a 120mm fan, or on a PSU with a lot of headroom (and maybe with a modded/fan replacement.) Coincidentally, I did mod my SF600 for a better fan. Might be an option.

Reactions: Storm

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It will be a tight squeeze for sure. Good luck.

I'm looking at maybe just 2-ish millimeters of memory clearance (best case scenario), so I know the struggle

Mohoh good news then, I think you seen the latest KS update? ?

We milled out a 3mm deep area on the inside part of the performance panels (and top panel), so you'll have 3mm on each side (not all the way across the entire length/height, but enough for memory or CPU block/Cooler). If they are above 51mm & below 54mm, you'll have to install them after assembling the shell & core.

Also did some final improvements to the core:

These changed don't affect production schedule at all.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Mohoh good news then, I think you seen the latest KS update? ?

We milled out a 3mm deep area on the inside part of the performance panels (and top panel), so you'll have 3mm on each side (not all the way across the entire length/height, but enough for memory or CPU block/Cooler). If they are above 51mm & below 54mm, you'll have to install them after assembling the shell & core.

Also did some final improvements to the core:

These changed don't affect production schedule at all.
It looks like there is room to put a 120mm x 15mm fan above the psu bracket in those renders, is that truly possible?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Nice update!
@AlexTzone the formd T1 case didn’t ship with magnets for flight limitation on magnets. Did you guys check if you can ship out of china, and also checked flight regulation in other countries ?

Yupp, shouldn't be a problem. The magnets are shielded by both the case itself, thick EVA foam inserts as well as the packaging carton (which is BC-flute, 6mm thick). I think the T1 comes in a pretty slim package right? We have a real big boy in comparison ?

Magnets will be ordered on Oct. 8:th, so we'll have a talk with the firm regarding exact Gauss we're going to output from the package.

Edit: In case the Gauss of assembled magnets is too large a certain distance from the package, we'll simply provide the magnets in sealed bags, wrapped in bubble foam and place inside the Shell. They are mounted with 3M tape (already added to them), so it's easy work to add them to your case/panels. However, I doubt we'll need to do this.

Last edited:

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Unfortunately not since that’s where the PSU power cable & GPU power cables are located :/
Perhaps if someone used some sort of stand off, and off-set the PSU a bit lower down (and as long as they didn't need that space for an AIO/radiator) they could offset it just enough to be able to have an extra 120mm fan.

Regarding the extra room with the performance panels... It's certainly an option. But I was hoping to use the glass panels primarily on the CPU/motherboard side. :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Perhaps if someone used some sort of stand off, and off-set the PSU a bit lower down (and as long as they didn't need that space for an AIO/radiator) they could offset it just enough to be able to have an extra 120mm fan.

Regarding the extra room with the performance panels... It's certainly an option. But I was hoping to use the glass panels primarily on the CPU/motherboard side. :)
@AlexTzone Has there been any changes in CPU height for glass panels, or is it still 51mm?

The actual tempered glass is indented 1mm from both sides of the tempered glass panel frame, so technically it’s possible to cram in +1mm as long as everything above 51mm is installed after assembling the Shell & Core ?

However, a fan pressing straight against solid glass will be 99% inefficient, so please reserve components-vs-glass-action for things like RAM and other passively cooled components.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
The actual tempered glass is indented 1mm from both sides of the tempered glass panel frame, so technically it’s possible to cram in +1mm as long as everything above 51mm is installed after assembling the Shell & Core ?

However, a fan pressing straight against solid glass will be 99% inefficient, so please reserve components-vs-glass-action for things like RAM and other passively cooled components.
I foresee many people doing silly things such as leaving a side panel off and using massive coolers... LOL

INB4 Mjolnir's with no side panels and an NH-D14.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexTzone