• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Mohoh good news then, I think you seen the latest KS update? ?

We milled out a 3mm deep area on the inside part of the performance panels (and top panel), so you'll have 3mm on each side (not all the way across the entire length/height, but enough for memory or CPU block/Cooler). If they are above 51mm & below 54mm, you'll have to install them after assembling the shell & core.

Also did some final improvements to the core:

These changed don't affect production schedule at all.
The PSU bracket has been slimmed down quite substantially, is reverse mounting the PSU still possible with the new design? I see two screw holes, but will it be able to support the weight?

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The PSU bracket has been slimmed down quite substantially, is reverse mounting the PSU still possible with the new design? I see two screw holes, but will it be able to support the weight?

Yes it can be reverse-mounted & shifted up / down by 10 mm, same as before. The weight will not be a problem, simulated and checked with substantially higher loads than your typical SFX PSU :)

Reactions: For_Science

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Yes it can be reverse-mounted & shifted up / down by 10 mm, same as before. The weight will not be a problem, simulated and checked with substantially higher loads than your typical SFX PSU :)
How thick is the metal for the PSU bracket?

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Alex, my friend, how does the contacts for the Booster Cell work, with the flippable core? Would the Booster Cell need to be manually rotated to match the core orientation?

Reactions: Storm and AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alex, my friend, how does the contacts for the Booster Cell work, with the flippable core? Would the Booster Cell need to be manually rotated to match the core orientation?

Heey man! Yes that’s right, both orientations have to match for the Booster Cell to work :)

Reactions: Sazexa

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Is it correct that the EVGA XC and Founders Edition 3080s are the only 3080s that will fit in the Mjolnir?
From all the measurements we've seen they are the only 2.
All the other cards all appear to be 2.5 slots wide or more which are to wide for Mjolnir

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The Asus 3080 TUF OC looks pretty possible to me as well ? 0.7mm thickness over MJOLNIR specs. Shaving down the riser standoffs by 0.5mm will make it work ?

The height of the card is pretty large, but also seems to be within our height specs, and the power connectors seem to be below the highest part of the card.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I'm pretty sure the founders 3080 fits the case. Aside from the cooler design, but dimensionally it should be well with-in spec.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
What type of sleeving will be used in the Mjolnir for the AC power extension and power-switch? I'm assuming PET/plastic based?

I'm wanting to do paracord sleeving, as I like the cloth look and feel significantly more. But if the AC power plug extension is sleeved in PET, it might clash a bit. Going to be bad enough I'll have to redo all of my fan and LED cables in paracord, too, I might as well just do PET for everything unfortunately.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What type of sleeving will be used in the Mjolnir for the AC power extension and power-switch? I'm assuming PET/plastic based?

I'm wanting to do paracord sleeving, as I like the cloth look and feel significantly more. But if the AC power plug extension is sleeved in PET, it might clash a bit. Going to be bad enough I'll have to redo all of my fan and LED cables in paracord, too, I might as well just do PET for everything unfortunately.

Yes, all cables will be covered in black plastic jackets ?

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
I was able to buy a 3080 FE and 3090 FE. Unfortunately, what I really wanted was to try the 3090 XC3 which seems almost impossible to get. Now, I will probably go 5950x & 3080 FE in a NCASE then move it to Mjolnir later.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just got a pic of the Booster Cell ? The factory is still experimenting a bit on it's surface finish, so I promised not to share the pics (also, their cameras/angles are terrible). But man, really cool to see the things getting made! The parts are well underway so soon I'll have some really exciting results to share with you guys.

Expanding a bit more:
- Production samples for the electronics (power button, RGB strips, cables, Booster Cell FPC LED ring & power button and Booster Cell connection PCB for the Core) will be ready first week of November.
- All fasteners will be finished first/second week of November. Same goes for sheet metal (production samples) and magnets as well.

I’ve asked them to send us pics of the moulds being made, so stay tuned for that (should get them next week)

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Just got a pic of the Booster Cell ? The factory is still experimenting a bit on it's surface finish, so I promised not to share the pics (also, their cameras/angles are terrible). But man, really cool to see the things getting made! The parts are well underway so soon I'll have some really exciting results to share with you guys.

Expanding a bit more:
- Production samples for the electronics (power button, RGB strips, cables, Booster Cell FPC LED ring & power button and Booster Cell connection PCB for the Core) will be ready first week of November.
- All fasteners will be finished first/second week of November. Same goes for sheet metal (production samples) and magnets as well.

I’ve asked them to send us pics of the moulds being made, so stay tuned for that (should get them next week)
That is so cool!! I'm so excited to see the production pictures!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What are we looking at time-wise between these pre-production samples and production samples?

Actually, now we're doing the production samples ? The time between the production samples and finished mass production ranges from 10 days to 1.5 months, depending on which parts we are talking about (the Shell takes the longest time by far).

Perhaps it’s best to clarify exactly what production samples mean in our case:
- If we do 1000 MJOLNIRs -> we take the first 8 -> evaluate them + momentarily pause production -> resume and finish the other 992.

The main purpose is to send 2 units for certification (CE & FCC), 3 units for assembly training and 3 units to us for evaluation. I don’t think we’ll need more than 1-2 days to evaluate the cases, so the production pause will be negligible. Assembly training and certification is done in parallel with production.

Last edited: