Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Your going to fail Fcc if you send them one with the window. They will fail it by just looking at it. You might want to skip FCC certifications as they can cost tens of thousands of $. Most small case manufactures don't do FCC testing anyway.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Your going to fail Fcc if you send them one with the window. They will fail it by just looking at it. You might want to skip FCC certifications as they can cost tens of thousands of $. Most small case manufactures don't do FCC testing anyway.

Why do you think it would fail?

FCC is required for Bluetooth devices (which our MJOLNIR R's are) ?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
FCC EMC directive title 47 part 15 requires all class A devices to contain any high frequency EMC noise within the chassis. It would fail because glass and plastics are electromagnetically opaque. Meaning the window on the side panel would not contain any of the radiation that the high frequency busses on the motherboard emit. These are regulations that the FCC is very loosely enforcing anymore, if at all. But technically they can enforce them at any time. The fines for infringement are six figures. In your case, unless you are selling prebuilt systems I would skip any sort of regulatory compliance testing. That way you will save yourself around $30,000.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Ahhh AMD didn't release the actual width measurement of their new cards, just the slot width. Here's to hoping the 2.5slot 6800XT/6900XT will fit (although not holding my breath). more options are always better.

Reactions: Storm and abdulla

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
Ahhh AMD didn't release the actual width measurement of their new cards, just the slot width. Here's to hoping the 2.5slot 6800XT/6900XT will fit (although not holding my breath). more options are always better.
They also seem to recommend a 850W PSU, despite the 6900 XT only drawing 300W. ?‍♂️

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey @AlexTzone for shipping to the USA, can you please not use USPS? The USPS is having serious delays with shipping. I just ordered a kit of ram off newegg and had it shipped USPS and it took 15 days to get to me from only one state over! The package sat in the usps hub not moving for 12 days. I have no problem paying extra to ensure my mjolnir isn't shipped or handled by the USPS. Just wanted to let you guys know, as the problems with the USPS will only be worse around the holiday season and new year.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
[QUOTE"abdulla, post: 225396, member: 14703"]
They also seem to recommend a 850W PSU, despite the 6900 XT only drawing 300W. ?‍♂️
[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a 650W requirement. That's what I heard last.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019

Storm

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
The official dimensions for RX 6900/800XT is:
Length 267 mm
Slot Size 2.5 slots

And for the RX 6800 is:
Length 267 mm
Slot Size 2 slots

While Mjolnir :

Knowing that 2.5 slot graphics card has a width of around 50mm to 53mm, we can conclude, that it will definitely fit the non XT, and very unlikely to fit the XT variants

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
The official dimensions for RX 6900/800XT is:
Length 267 mm
Slot Size 2.5 slots

And for the RX 6800 is:
Length 267 mm
Slot Size 2 slots

While Mjolnir :

Knowing that 2.5 slot graphics card has a width of around 50mm to 53mm, we can conclude, that it will definitely fit the non XT, and very unlikely to fit the XT variants
Gigabyte and Sapphire has released the dimensions of RX 6800 XT to be 267x120x49mm and 266.7x119.75x49.75mm respectively so it technically fit but will be tight.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Any word on whether we'll be getting gen 3 or gen 4 risers? And how long is the riser cable going to be?
According to the Kickstarter, they're shipping with gen3 due to timelines/cost and negligible performance difference but backers can request gen4:

Good to know that [tentatively] the 6800XT is another option to the two 3080s. Will be interesting to see the thermal performance once everything is out. A full AMD setup is looking quite attractive if their claims for performance gains across using the memory types are true.

Last edited:

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
According to the Kickstarter, they're shipping with gen3 due to timelines/cost and negligible performance difference but backers can request gen4:

Good to know that [tentatively] the 6800XT is another option to the two 3080s. Will be interesting to see the thermal performance once everything is out. A full AMD setup is looking quite attractive if their claims for performance gains across using the memory types are true.
I'm waiting to see what the new Ryzen 7 series brings to the table. As it stood before, I was opting for a 10900F. If the new Ryzen 7's can match it for price and performance while still being as cool as a "65W TDP" chip, I'll consider it. Though I like the design of the X399 boards more.

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
As someone who's going to wait for the Mjolnir gen 4 riser, what length temporary riser should I buy while I'm waiting? Would 10cm be long enough? Should it be a straight, or right-angle riser?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
OMFG, the extrusion mold for the Shell seems to be finished already and we’ve received a picture of the first extruded unit (not surface finished yet) ? The factory is inspecting the tolerances of the mold right now, so it may still need a little bit more time if something is out of spec. Based on previous extrusions I’ve seen before / after surfaces finishing, this is going to turn out really really nice!

Will post the pic (and a bunch more) in the next KS update on November 4:th, we are getting really close now guys!

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Guess I'll have to actually start ordering my parts now then... I got my motherboard for $100 off, 33% discount, last night 8)