• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Please confirm that RTX3090 FE may fit our cases - yay or nay? Please let us kniw before sept 24 because I am ready to order or not????
Pretty easy to look for yourself.

The campaign page says max height of 136mm. The 3090 FE is 138mm. Length wise, theoretically it fits length wise. But the power connector will inhibit you.

Not only that, the cooler on the card isn't design for sandwich layout cases like this. Wait for an afterboard partner 3090 if you want one.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Since the measurements are a bit "hidden" on the Thorzone page (you have to click on the + symbol), here are the dimensions for GPU the Thorzone will accommodate:
Height: 136mm
Length: 334mm (with bracket)
Thickness: 51mm

Based on these...with the info we have as of writing this post, the 3080 FE and 3070 FE will fit BUT with the throughput airflow design of the 3080, it will exhaust air onto the spine of the inner core which will probably not be great for thermals.

Of the aftermarket cards, so far from what I've seen...the 3070 Zotac will fit, the 3080/3070 EVGA XC3 (the FTW3 is 51.35mm so maybe if you tinker with toleranges) and if you're able to play around with the tolerances...you *might* get the Asus TUF 3080 to fit (51.6mm thick). So far all offerings from MSI and Gigabyte seem too thick to fit in the Mjolnir.

Measurements taken from the SFFPC compatibility thread on reddit:

Last edited:

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Has anyone considered a passive cooling mod yet?

Since the side panels are now attachable via magnets, someone could likely build a custom heat-pipe set up to contact a side panel. Then perhaps a side panel with a fin-stack or heat-sink layout, or something that allows it to dissipate heatwell. The fin-stacks could be facing outward the case, or be flat on the outward portion and face inward. Then, using your 120mm fans, blowing air through the chasis would take the warmer air from the fin stack. I'm not quite sure what this would be able to dissipate in terms of TDP, but seems like an interesting concept. Thick aluminum panels might work decently at dissipating the heat, while 120mm fans would likely be very quiet. Perhaps quieter than a AIO pump and fan on radiator, or 92mm fans on heat-sinks.

ShdwDrake

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 17, 2020

Looks like the FE cooler might not be too bad.

Comradebuttons

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2020
But, also, the HxWXD dimensions on nearly all the current leaked cards are far too big for the mjolnir. I don't get how this bonus hole changes any of that.

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
I don't think the hole will make much difference but just have to wait for the cases to arrive so people can try it out.

Personally not expecting the back of the card with just the heat pipes to be as hot as the front, might be way cooler, but again we'll see on Monday when the 3080 reviews come out.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I don't understand that tweet. Even if there will be a hole in the final product, it is blocked by the back of the PSU, and if you are thinking about rising up the PSU with some sort of separation screws, there is no room to push it to the side panel (judging the building videos...). The FE cards will be out next week and I think we need a more clear explanation on what to do or what to expect.

This tweet seems exactly the oposite from the last one.

If the PSU is rotated, with the PSU fan facing the cut out (and so facing into the case / spine), then the GPU exhaust air will push into the PSU and be directed out the exhaust mesh of the PSU (out the top of the case).

Its impact and if the cards actually fit is something entirely different.

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
I do not think there is much more the ThorZone Team can tell us until they / we get the hold of the cards & case.

I think the booster cell might be useful for a 3080 Founders Edition but again we'll have to wait & see.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
You can likely spin your PSU to pull the air the GPU is exhaust and moving it.

Though I don't know how much I'd recommend that long term for GPU reliability and acoustics.

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Perhaps some of that warm air will be pulled by the 25mm fan below the inverted PSU reducing the amount of warm air the PSU has to pull through. I suspect the bulk of the heat generated by RTX 3070/3080 gets driven out the back like a blower style card.

Duke_Krieg

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
Hey all. Longtime lurker here, made an account just now.

I'm really looking forward to the case. Is there any expected timeline yet of when things will get into production?

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Perhaps some of that warm air will be pulled by the 25mm fan below the inverted PSU reducing the amount of warm air the PSU has to pull through. I suspect the bulk of the heat generated by RTX 3070/3080 gets driven out the back like a blower style card.
We'll need to wait to see how the 3080 FE behaves in ITX cases. There's already some concerns that in regular cases the throughput fan just directs air onto the CPU cooler unless you have a strong exhause fan at the top of the case so I assume Nvidia thought of that.

I'm really looking forward to the case. Is there any expected timeline yet of when things will get into production?
The last update we got last week was that the factory signed all the paperwork and are supposed to start production this week, so we should be getting some timelines in the coming week or two.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020

Some parts are already being produced. Smaller details, but production has actually started as of this week.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Quick update guys! Just got the lead times from the main factory (CNC, Extrusions, Sheet metal): 1-month for mould creation and 1.5-2 months of production (and assembly). Longer than expected, but this factory is super strict with regards to finishing and quality. The end results will be worth it. We'll have some CE and FCC certification units ready approx. 2 weeks after the moulds are finished (basically finished units), can't wait to share those pics.

Everything else takes no more than 14-25 days (fasteners, electronics, etc) to complete.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
So likely we'll see delivery times before the end of the year, if all goes according. I'm excited!
Ooof, December/January is kinda a sh*tty time to ship out products because many people may be away from their delivery addresses (I guess less so this year ala Corona, but still). This caused big chaos for many in the PD Tripod Kickstarter with packages being sent back to mystery land as the people weren't able to collect the package from the DPD/DHL depot within a 1~2 weeks (country dependent) of delivery.