• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
No updates on this? I'm a bit sceptical on the schedule, having first-hand experience from Chinese manufacturing I can't see a scenario where production hasn't started (since there are no updates I guess this is the case) and the delivery date is still set on September.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Looks like I'll be getting the EVGA XC3 rtx 3090, seems to be the only air cooled 3090 that'll fit Mjolnir. Anyone else find any other air cooled 3090s out there that would fit??

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Looks like I'll be getting the EVGA XC3 rtx 3090, seems to be the only air cooled 3090 that'll fit Mjolnir. Anyone else find any other air cooled 3090s out there that would fit??
Hard to say without the full specs. The most concerning part is the thickness since Mjolnir can accommodate 2-slot 51mm thick cards, and so far most of the 3080s and 3090s are 2.5 slot and up.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Not convinced the XC3 will fit, it's 2.2 slots wide.

The XC3 will for sure fit.

2.2 slots still only uses 2 slots, its just slightly thicker. 2.2 slot cards are around 43-44mm in width. The mjolnir can accomodate a 51mm thick card, so it will fit 100% sure. 2.5 slot cards hover around 51-53mm, so it is highly dependent on the OEM and how thicc it actually is.

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
It's you can find some 3080 and 3090 cards to fit in these small cases. But remember they are 320 and 350w tdp respectively, meaning some of them can probably pull more. Then again undervolting/clocking should be possible. Just that physical size isn't the only concern here.

PaperMoonShine

Efficiency Noob
Dec 14, 2019
It's you can find some 3080 and 3090 cards to fit in these small cases. But remember they are 320 and 350w tdp respectively, meaning some of them can probably pull more. Then again undervolting/clocking should be possible. Just that physical size isn't the only concern here.
Corsair has an sfx750 power supply, and Nvidia reccomends at least 750. With the EVGA ICX3, I think we're good.

Reactions: Shinken1

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
Corsair has an sfx750 power supply, and Nvidia reccomends at least 750. With the EVGA ICX3, I think we're good.
It's not the PSU power requirement that is the issue. It's heat output. Pair that thing with an Intel CPU like the 10900k (or even 10700k) and you're easily looking at up to 600 watts of heat. And that is just for the 3080 at stock. Who knows how much it will actually draw in stress testing. Or what the aftermarket models with up to 3x8 pin powerconnectors will draw.
Going ITX, people might want to wait for RDNA2 on the better 7nm TSMC process node.

Jakyrian

Caliper Novice
Jan 15, 2018
Which cards are people getting? Don't think the FE will be able to exhaust properly, so the Evga XC3 3080/90 looks the best

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Just got back the signed contract and the factory just received all files, so technically production has begun! Still, lead times will most likely be estimated next week (there are a LOT of parts for the factory to evaluate) ?
So I'm assuming if true production begins next week, we're looking at a mid to late October for the first delivery batches?

Reactions: AlexTzone

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Which cards are people getting? Don't think the FE will be able to exhaust properly, so the Evga XC3 3080/90 looks the best
Hard to say since half the OEMs haven't released full specs of their cards yet. Looks like the EVGA 3080 is the only 3080 that fits (the Asus TUF is off by 0.6mm) so depending on how that performs I might end up with that or just a 3070 for thermal reasons.

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
I am going to try the EVGA 3090 CX3, but, since hot air is push through the card, it could be a big issue having the MB / PSU blocking it. Yesterday, I bought a NCASE as backup.

Reactions: Shinken1

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
I am going to try the EVGA 3090 CX3, but, since hot air is push through the card, it could be a big issue having the MB / PSU blocking it. Yesterday, I bought a NCASE as backup.
I've mentioned several times that I think the new cards won't perform as intended in sandwich layout cases.

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
@AlexTzone

Out of curiosity, can we get a break down of cases?

How many total, how many in each color? What are the people who paid for the top-tier pledge doing color wise and all that? How many are opting in for the Boost Cell, etc.. I'm interested to know the demographics (I don't think that's the right word, but it's what comes to mind) as far as what the whole production batch is looking like over-all. I'm sure many of us, myself included, have ideas on customizing our cases so they're more along the lines of 1-of-1 as well.

Speaking of, related to that. What is holding the rear I/O plate's anti-scratching guides into place? Just general adhesive? I want to have that back plate anodized differently than the rest of my case, and want to know before hand what I'm working with to remove the adhesive material and correctly re-apple after as well.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Please confirm that RTX3090 FE may fit our cases - yay or nay? Please let us kniw before sept 24 because I am ready to order or not????