• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
@AlexTzone from the optimum video, seems like there’s a lot of other things that could be improved, like side panel magnets, or ballooning of the inner frame, or the tape for sliding the cord in to the frame. Are you planning on making any substantial changes/fixes to the design to address these problems before production, or are you going to production essentially from where it stands now?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone from the optimum video, seems like there’s a lot of other things that could be improved, like side panel magnets, or ballooning of the inner frame, or the tape for sliding the cord in to the frame. Are you planning on making any substantial changes/fixes to the design to address these problems before production, or are you going to production essentially from where it stands now?

Oh there are more things we want to improve for the final model than even Ali mentioned, here are a couple of them:
  • Differences in tone
  • Differences in smoothness
  • Too loose tolerances around panel edges, lock knob, power socket
  • Either much stronger Teflon tape or plastic inserts at the corner.
  • Spine assembly via 90° brackets rather than integrated
  • Panel screw holes are visible on the outside
  • Amateur glued tempered glass panels and dust filter
  • Amateur made cables

The core will only flex (only the rails) with maxed out hardware and non-optimal cable management. Look at my liquid cooling guide, it’s not flexing :) Still, once the core is inside the enclosure non of that will be visible.

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Does that mean you will add the slot cutouts (instead of screw holes)?

There are some issue to work out, mainly with leveling. Say we add 5mm of total travel, 2.5mm above and 2.5 below standard orientation, how do we make it easy for people to choose the middle position and be aligned? I have a couple of ideas but they will definitely add costs. 5mm travel from standard position has less benefits than 2.5mm travel above and below.

Reactions: keepcoding

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Almost 150k SEK (The original Kickstarter goal)! This really reflects the good work Alex has put into improving the product as well as marketing and outreaching. Once again, well done.

Absolutely insane, thank you so much friend!

Just sent another review unit out ? Can't wait for Ali's next video as well. By the gods we must reach the last stretch goal, otherwise I'll make 50 Kickstarter accounts and buy 50 MJOLNIRs for myself lol (in a parallel universe where I have $50k). Have a couple of tricks up my sleeve still so it should be possible, still 26 days to go!

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Oh there are more things we want to improve for the final model than even Ali mentioned, here are a couple of them:
  • Differences in tone
  • Differences in smoothness
  • Too loose tolerances around panel edges, lock knob, power socket
  • Either much stronger Teflon tape or plastic inserts at the corner.
  • Spine assembly via 90° brackets rather than integrated
  • Panel screw holes are visible on the outside
  • Amateur glued tempered glass panels and dust filter
  • Amateur made cables

The core will only flex (only the rails) with maxed out hardware and non-optimal cable management. Look at my liquid cooling guide, it’s not flexing :) Still, once the core is inside the enclosure non of that will be visible.

how about increasing the size of the ventilation holes on performance panels? Seems like an area of concern for Optimum and I’d bet gpu thermals could be improved significantly

Reactions: Alur and AlexTzone

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Jesus, people really hate paying taxes... As much as people are disgruntled about it now though can you imagine the shitstorm if you didn't charge and hundreds of people all got their cases stuck in customs?

Perhaps it's worth paying a lawyer for a consultation just to double check and help assure people it's being handled correctly.

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
how about increasing the size of the ventilation holes on performance panels? Seems like an area of concern for Optimum and I’d bet gpu thermals could be improved significantly

I agree. It's not going to be a difficult task.

However, it should match the size of the front design exhaust.

It would be strange that only the hole in the side is large.

Alex's team would have discussed the size of the exhaust.

It would be better not to change if they judged that it was the maximum size to maintain the ideal ratio.

Reactions: DmanX and AlexTzone

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Jesus, people really hate paying taxes... As much as people are disgruntled about it now though can you imagine the shitstorm if you didn't charge and hundreds of people all got their cases stuck in customs?

Perhaps it's worth paying a lawyer for a consultation just to double check and help assure people it's being handled correctly.
Man, I order stuff from other countries more then 15 years. Also use warehouse in US and recieving parcels there for shipping to my country. I know about taxes and e.t.c. But don't want pay taxes for business clients, I'm individual person and must pay only customs duty if I recieve parcel from overseas.
VAT/Tax added only if you buy inside your country and stuff officially imported as batch and importer registered and do business on country territory.

...we included all taxes in your shipping cost, because don't want disturb you by paying it by himself. Outstanding care. But why we must pay that we don't?

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Man, I order stuff from other countries more then 15 years. Also use warehouse in US and recieving parcels there for shipping to my country. I know about taxes and e.t.c. But don't want pay taxes for business clients, I'm individual person and must pay only customs duty if I recieve parcel from overseas.
VAT/Tax added only if you buy inside your country and stuff officially imported as batch and importer registered and do business on country territory.

...we included all taxes in your shipping cost, because don't want disturb you by paying it by himself. Outstanding care. But why we must pay that we don't?
I got a simple solution for you: if you don't like how shipping and taxes are handled by thor-zone, then don't buy their product.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

I agree. It's not going to be a difficult task.

However, it should match the size of the front design exhaust.

It would be strange that only the hole in the side is large.

Alex's team would have discussed the size of the exhaust.

It would be better not to change if they judged that it was the maximum size to maintain the ideal ratio.

The difference between open test bench and performance panels was 3°C, while the difference for Ghost S1 and Dan A4 was 0°C and something like Phatenks Evolve Shift was 14°C. So MJOLNIR is even now on the very good side of things. We're going to experiment a bit, but íf it turns out that the aesthetics are worse then I don't think we'll implement it. Doesn't feel like 3°C is worth sacrificing the looks for, what do you think?

Edit: Looks like we're unlocking the 3rd Stretch-goal today!! Everybody's going to be a Noctua NT-H2 richer. Glad we're finally bringing some value to Noctua, after bothering them about different specs, coolers, etc for the last 2 years lol.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Haha took me nearly 5mins to spot it in the background ? I must say, Ali's use of MJOLNIR as table decoration / podium for the Threadripper looks damn fine!

• Haha
Reactions: DmanX and rfarmer

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
The difference between open test bench and performance panels was 3°C, while the difference for Ghost S1 and Dan A4 was 0°C and something like Phatenks Evolve Shift was 14°C. So MJOLNIR is even now on the very good side of things. We're going to experiment a bit, but íf it turns out that the aesthetics are worse then I don't think we'll implement it. Doesn't feel like 3°C is worth sacrificing the looks for, what do you think?

Edit: Looks like we're unlocking the 3rd Stretch-goal today!! Everybody's going to be a Noctua NT-H2 richer. Glad we're finally bringing some value to Noctua, after bothering them about different specs, coolers, etc for the last 2 years lol.

I think it would be good to increase the size of the holes. It’s 3c difference, sure, but only if you use the dust filter up top, which changes the aesthetic. If there’s no major decrease in how good it looks, I’m all for larger holes.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask for some help, a guy over at the campaign asked if it was possible to see some MJOLNIR builds on PCPartPicker. Perhaps someone here has time to create one/two of those (I'll do so as well)? I'll link to them in our FAQ.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask for some help, a guy over at the campaign asked if it was possible to see some MJOLNIR builds on PCPartPicker. Perhaps someone here has time to create one/two of those (I'll do so as well)? I'll link to them in our FAQ.

Aren't PCPartPicker builds like....build logs with pictures? Anyway, I'll raise my hand as usual.

If they mean just parts lists, kinda a weird request.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone