Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
You are not import any to other country, when ship order to customer. So customer or you don't must pay any import taxes.

Does not matter there from you will ship cases. It's not commercial batch or so. It's individual order for personal use for one customer. And all what customer must pay it is shipping price and local customs duties (if case price more then limit) which for different countries is different.

Reactions: gwertheim

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
You guys do understand that VAT, duties, taxes and the geopolitical situation is way beyond the control of @AlexTzone
They sell a product. And seller must know all this information, because they sell internationally.
If you don't want know that and receive money from customer correctly - sell product only from local shop inside your country.

Reactions: Irish Os1r1s

DmanX

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 12, 2019
Let's talk 2nd O2 panel...

Excited about this because of the airflow potential.

Alex, have you run any CPU air cooling tests with (2) O2 panels with glass side panels installed? My guess is that the results for a 65w TDP CPU will lie somewhere between Core and Glass panel results on your thermals PDF. Almost as if the performance panels were installed. Would that be about right?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
They sell a product. And seller must know all this information, because they sell internationally.
If you don't want know that and receive money from customer correctly - sell product only from local shop inside your country.

Yeah that's what I thought when I got my ghost but I got nailed with a bill from DHL while my case was in transit. There is always the potential to get nailed with unexpected duties, that's just how it works.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Would it be possible to make the PSU mounting bracket more flexible to allow 180 degree rotation of the PSU? This would allow a better airflow and easier cable management...

Oh my f*ing god! You're a genius, how didn't I see this before! It's already possible and will allow AIO height of 59mm instead of 56! I will double confirm this tomorrow IRL!

MJOLNIR...has more features than the creators know about

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
I’m not from Russia but from looking it up today the guy should only be paying shipping and has a monthly receive allowance of 200 EUR and 31kg.

There are no unexpected duties as every country has a maximum they allow without charge, then over that there will be Import Duty added if applicable and VAT based on the declared value, shipping and insurance cost and the duty they just applied. Only unexpected charge is whatever carrier charges for their handling fee, which in the UK is them paying customs on your behalf and then claiming a set fee from you for doing so.

I think the problem is so many people buy from eBay or sources who are happy to under declare value of goods that many persons are often getting away without any charges. But that is not what Kickstarter is about and an illegal practice carried out by many to further their sales.

Reactions: DmanX and gwertheim

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Sounds like a really good idea with an SFX PSU
@AlexTzone I am pretty confused by the 180 flip of the PSU. Is it a 180 flip so that the fan faces towards the back of the GPU? This would require that portion of the central plate to have much more cutouts for you will by frying the PSU by allowing zero air to the PSU.

Alternatively if it is a 180 flip so that the ATX cables come upwards and the power plug goes downwards towards the AIO, will there be enough space for the cables+connector...? looks pretty tight and then I would be "slightly" concerned about the PSU exhaust hitting the AIO radiator as well.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
@AlexTzone I am pretty confused by the 180 flip of the PSU. Is it a 180 flip so that the fan faces towards the back of the GPU? This would require that portion of the central plate to have much more cutouts for you will by frying the PSU by allowing zero air to the PSU.

Alternatively if it is a 180 flip so that the ATX cables come upwards and the power plug goes downwards towards the AIO, will there be enough space for the cables+connector...? looks pretty tight and then I would be "slightly" concerned about the PSU exhaust hitting the AIO radiator as well.
It is the latter (cables look upwards).
The airflow should be better since the PSU fan will basically support airflow of the AIO fan (if in push mode!). The PSU does not generate a lot of heat compared to the other components (~20W), so it shouldn't be an issue.
The way it is now, there is very little space between the PSU and the AIO and the cables are basically blocking the airflow of the AIO fan.
Also, if you have the cables on the top, cable management should be much easier plus there is no problem with cables dangling into a fan.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
It is the latter (cables look upwards).
The airflow should be better since the PSU fan will basically support airflow of the AIO fan (if in push mode!). The PSU does not generate a lot of heat compared to the other components (~20W), so it shouldn't be an issue.
The way it is now, there is very little space between the PSU and the AIO and the cables are basically blocking the airflow of the AIO fan.
Also, if you have the cables on the top, cable management should be much easier plus there is no problem with cables dangling into a fan.

I see, we'll how it pans out. I intend on putting a wire fan grill on the fan so that cables couldn't catch regardless. This goes way back to page 23, but I did some tight bends with some PSU cables to measure how much space you need for example high quality custom cables doing a 180 degree and it takes anywhere between 2~3 cm of space so it may protrude out of the shell.

I guess its good to have more mounting options, see what Alex can come up with.

Stock SF600 cables (~22 mm extra), naked 15 AWG cable (~20 mm), custom sleeved 15 AWG (~28 mm)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Okay guys here are the basic measurements (I'll try this with one of the prototypes). The total space for cables sticking out of the PSU is 18mm, or about 2.5mm lower than if the bracket was oriented in the standard configuration. It's going to be tight, but with some flattening (non-overlapping wires) it will work fine.

The 59mm AIO height is measured from the bottom rails to the C13 PSU plug.

This configuration is not compatible with SFX-L PSUs (Captain Obvious)!

Last edited:

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018
Hey, Alex,
I hope that the 6:58 issue in this clip will be resolved in the final revision.

How about adding a riser cable protection guide to the rail? (or spine.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sashby and Aviswa

wolfatpno

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 8, 2018

Oh my f*ing god! You're a genius, how didn't I see this before! It's already possible and will allow AIO height of 59mm instead of 56! I will double confirm this tomorrow IRL!

MJOLNIR...has more features than the creators know about

That's what I asked you.

SMPS meant switching mode power supply, psu.

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
@AlexTzone

the issue with the riser cable catching on the shell when putting it back together (from optimumtechs video) is pretty concerning. The cable gets beat up. Are you going to do anything to fix that before production? For such an expensive case, those issues should not be acceptable

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Okay guys here are the basic measurements (I'll try this with one of the prototypes). The total space for cables sticking out of the PSU is 18mm, or about 2.5mm lower than if the bracket was oriented in the standard configuration. It's going to be tight, but with some flattening (non-overlapping wires) it will work fine.

The 59mm AIO height is measured from the bottom rails to the C13 PSU plug.

This configuration is not compatible with SFX-L PSUs (Captain Obvious)!
Thanks for this!
Would it be possible to add slot cutouts for the screws such that the PSU cage can be slightly moved up and down (maybe +- 5mm) according the users needs?
If not then I guess I will just drill holes myself ;-)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey, Alex,
I hope that the 6:58 issue in this clip will be resolved in the final revision.

How about adding a riser cable protection guide to the rail? (or spine.)

@AlexTzone

the issue with the riser cable catching on the shell when putting it back together (from optimumtechs video) is pretty concerning. The cable gets beat up. Are you going to do anything to fix that before production? For such an expensive case, those issues should not be acceptable

As long as you don't force the enclosure down on the riser, this won't happen. It's tight (0.5 - 0.75mm above the riser) so it has to be tucked in. It's the results of maximizing space under the motherboard. However, perhaps some thin sheet or something can be placed there. I'll look into it! :)

That's what I asked you.

SMPS meant switching mode power supply, psu.

Oh I see, well then big thanks to you! ? Sorry I didn't get it that time!

Thanks for this!
Would it be possible to add slot cutouts for the screws such that the PSU cage can be slightly moved up and down (maybe +- 5mm) according the users needs?
If not then I guess I will just drill holes myself ;-)

Interesting idea! That should be doable :)

With a custom PCB power adaptor you could save alot more space. Or even return to the original PSU orientation and move the PSU up.

I was thinking something like the below that's used for routing GPU power in tight cases.

Interesting but dangerous? That's a lot of electricity passing through there ?

Reactions: Shinken1