• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
The screws are pretty tiny (M2), and we'll anodize them to the same color as the rest of the chassis (so almost not visible, i.e what you see in the renders if you look hard enough). You're correct, some acrobatic measure will be needed for the last screw of the last panel, but we'll include a hex-key to help with this. Also keep in mind that MJOLNIR I enclosure is basically a hollow shell, so you can easily reach in with your arm & hex-key.

EDIT: screw-holes in the renderings are almost invisible as I see now, this has occurred due to image compression.
Now that you've mentioned it, I can see them now ;)

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi Alex,

Great tests reports, that I think as a reader would be happy to accept is representative of the product (i.e. the numbers look honest and believable). Apart from the above mentioned Swedish that made it through to the draft, I couldn't find anything glaring in the reports (apart from unlabeled y axis, but I guess that's an industry-wide bad practice).

The results are within my realm of "expected" but certainly are not great, especially for the tempered glass panel. Disabling turbo would be considered an "advanced" user option in my opinion. 8 degree delta for a blower card is also reasonable, but thats what blower cards do, they survive in even the harshest conditions (we routinely stack 4 together for our workstations). What's more upsetting of course is the 20-30 degree delta for the glass panels on an undervolted (also an "advanced" option in my opinion) 8700. Perhaps ThorZone needs to provide some guideline of max TDP (or watts consumed, or somethning) to make sure people don't come back complaining their CPUs are overheating and throttling.

I also think that providing numbers for the AIO are a bit hasty and probably not realistic. I would especially anticipate there to be a VERY big difference between the following possible configurations. Therefore any number giving should be conducted with the actual prototype and any "predictions" will only lead to disappointment since if it's worse than what you predict, people will be upset, and if its better, nobody would care a lose-lose situation.

AIO on the top + mesh top >>>>>> AIO on the top + metal top >>> AIO on the bottom + Mesh bottom = AIO on the top + glass panel top

I would hope that like with the DAN A4 SFX side panels, ThorZone would be happy to release the measurements of both the metal panel (flush against the window) and the glass panels (space around the window) so that those interested can cut out their own panels of whatever material. I personally think this can actually be a great feature of the Mjolnir I since the side panel itself is a single piece with no additional parts required unlike some competing products that require either some kind of standoff attachment to the side panel (Ncase M1, A4 SFX), or something other than holes to mount (Ghost S1).

We'll definitely release side panels dimensions when the design is re-toleranced / optimized (February 2019) :) Going to be awesome to see you panel experiments, that is for sure!

Also, I'll make sure that we test all possible configurations when the 120 mm prototype is finished (including the ones you mentioned for the 120 mm AIO). It will be a lengthy document, but I know you don't want it any other way :cool:

Long time lurker here, couple of questions for Alex,

Will users be able to mix/match the panels they receive? In my case, I like the glass side panel look but dislike having glass on top of my case, both for transport and cable management reasons. Would I be able to order a Mjolnir with two glass side panels and a metal top panel, or would I need to buy an additional set of panels?

Another question that's more of a clarification, I keep seeing talk of low profile PCIE Power connectors. Are the max GPU dimensions on your site representative of GPUs when using normal PCIE connectors (i.e. listed measurement + 20 to 30mm for PCIE cables) or when using low profile PCIE cables? If so, what is the actual clearance between the listed max GPU dimensions and the top of the case?

(for reference my current GPU is a Gaming X 1080, which is 4mm over the specified GPU limit)

Thanks guys, and great job so far! Really looking forward to this case!

You can absolutely mix / match panels to your hearts desire, everything is symmetrical and mounted exactly the same. However, if you want both glass panels & aluminium panels you'll have to get the whole "extra side panels" set in either glass or aluminium (includes 3 panels).

No, we don't take it into account since some GPUs have low profile power connectors that almost don't add any additional height. However, if your GPU doesn't have them remove about 22 mm from the compatibility specs. Another way is to use some really low profile connectors previously discussed, these add about 10 to 15 mm of height.

Thanks so much, see you at the launch!! :D

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016
The campaign is live when I search for it on Kickstarter. Looks like its $457 USD for the RGB version. Too expensive for my blood. Good luck with your campaign the case is beautiful!

I missed the part where it is deductible outside the EU.

So $342.75 in total. How does the deduction work?

Jakyrian

Caliper Novice
Jan 15, 2018
Is there not a more elegant way to mount the panels on the sides, without leaving holes in the otherwise seamless exterior?

And just a heads up with a spelling mistake near the bottom, it says "JANUARY 2019 - KICKSTARTER LUNCH"

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
Whoa what the heck I was not expecting to get backer #1...

I have a similar question to Michael, not sure how the VAT deduction works. Also looks like the shipping cost is estimated about $45 (makes sense, the case is pretty hefty). Is this country dependent or flat?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Counting backwards for standard edition:
3350 SEK * 0.8 = 2680 SEK
2680 / 9 = 297 USD

Counting backwards for RGB edition:
3920 SEK * 0.8 = 3136 SEK
3136 / 9 = 348 USD

So yeah not perfectly 299 USD and 349 USD for non-EU Backers, but hey its a little cheaper so why not ;)

Reactions: wolfatpno

kvnlau7

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 10, 2018
Several questions.
What is the time table in realising this project?
Thusfar all i've seen are renderings no physical prototype yet?

So the layout is the same as the Louqe Ghost S1. with room below for a radiator.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Amazing, something epic will be shipped to you in September ;)

Is there not a more elegant way to mount the panels on the sides, without leaving holes in the otherwise seamless exterior?

And just a heads up with a spelling mistake near the bottom, it says "JANUARY 2019 - KICKSTARTER LUNCH"

The hole are very discrete (M2) and will barely be visible :thumb:

Hahah pretty funny spelling mistake, fixed!

Whoa what the heck I was not expecting to get backer #1...

I have a similar question to Michael, not sure how the VAT deduction works. Also looks like the shipping cost is estimated about $45 (makes sense, the case is pretty hefty). Is this country dependent or flat?

SERIOUSLY?! That is crazy, congratulations for landing on the first spot!!

Talking with Kickstarter about what they think is the best way to deduct VAT after the campaign. I'll post the answer here in 2-3 days.

Yes but how do we receive the deduction? We can't make a pledge for a lesser amount and still pick the same reward.

Please see above, waiting to see how Kickstarter prefers that we handle VAT deduction :)

psleda

Efficiency Noob
Feb 28, 2018
Pledged for the "EARLY BIRD - MJOLNIR I RGB Edition" from Istanbul/Turkey.
I wish success to the design team.