• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
As with all AIO + SFF builds tubing length is going to be a super big factor. For this reason i would personally recommend a semi-custom solution like the Eisbaer LT120.

The radiator and pump may fit, but you may just have too much tubing to scram in. This wont be testable until product is oj hand.

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
I get what youre saying, and I dont know if youre hard set on the ryuo, but there is also the option of the m22 by kraken that also brings a strong aesthetic forward design. At least in my point of view ( im going for this aio cause im a sucker for that infinity mirror) with options like this, its ok to kinda limit the overall options right now

I'm not particularly set on any specific AIO at the moment, more just noticing quite a few of the ones I was looking at were slightly oversized. Figured I'd just put this out there while there's still a chance to change the design.

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
Corsair is the only reliable AIO manufacturer that will reimburse you for your entire PC parts should there be a leak. That's why I exclusively have used them for the past decade. I have done extensive research on this over the years and would encourage everyone to do the same. If for some reason I cannot use Corsair, I would go with air cooling without question.

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
As with all AIO + SFF builds tubing length is going to be a super big factor. For this reason i would personally recommend a semi-custom solution like the Eisbaer LT120.

The radiator and pump may fit, but you may just have too much tubing to scram in. This wont be testable until product is oj hand.

Not so sure the length is an issue as much as something like an N-Case (since you have some space to route the tubing around the Mobo). I was thinking the tube stiffness/width would be more the limiting factor (some of those bends in the CAD look really tight...). I haven't built in a DAN style case before though so I could be talking nonsense.

@AlexTzone I would definitely urge you guys to test out some AIO configurations on your 92mm Prototype just to see how tube routing goes. Also if you guys get a chance making a build time-lapse would be wonderful to get some feedback!

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Not so sure the length is an issue as much as something like an N-Case (since you have some space to route the tubing around the Mobo). I was thinking the tube stiffness/width would be more the limiting factor (some of those bends in the CAD look really tight...). I haven't built in a DAN style case before though so I could be talking nonsense.

@AlexTzone I would definitely urge you guys to test out some AIO configurations on your 92mm Prototype just to see how tube routing goes. Also if you guys get a chance making a build time-lapse would be wonderful to get some feedback!

The 545LC specifically has short tubes and will likely not be representative of the 120 mm model. Also, you can't buy them anymore anyway which is why the 120 mm model became relevant in the first place. The tubing length is very important and causes issues such as side panels being unable to close. Even on the 545LC + A4 SFX combo (a combination that is known to work) some users have difficulties depending on what type of PSU cables they are using.

AIO compatibility is therefore very hard to guarantee beyond the pump and radiator dimensions, how the tubing fits is pretty much on the user. This is the case for any AIO and build and it is important for the end user to know if the tubing is short enough or long enough for there system.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Kickstarter live yet? Link on the site doesn’t work nor can I find anything on Kickstarter.

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
Twitter post saying they had an issue with Kickstarter. Supposedly rescheduling to tomorrow if everything goes well.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Really sorry for this guys, we had to remove a reward that didn't comply with their rules. This means that they have to read the campaign again and give us a clear to launch. We'll do a new post as soon as this happens & update you on the new launch times.

Please be sure to check out the campaign early to get an EARLY BIRD version :) they will be limited to 50 units each for Standard / RGB Edition.

Best,
Alex

Last edited:

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
... looking at how things are with the Louqe Ghost S1, i'm rather concerned that this particular case might suffer the same issues regarding bent panels, etc especially during shipping ...

Just FYI: The bending of the tophat side panels on the Louqe Ghost are likely a combination of the following:

• Issue with aluminum extrusion die (wear and tear or badly designed / implemented die)
  • Immediate storage after extrusion (warped due to improper cooling, or very heavy stacking of extrusions)
  • Warping due to CNC milling on one side (Extrusions have stresses in the material due to extrusion process, CNC milling removes this and causes warps)
  • Bad design in the tophat side panel mounting (if you screw down harder, the side panel bends in even more)
Not to take away from the shipping conversation, but just to give some insight to how packaging is not what caused / emphasized the warping / bending of their side panels.

This case uses casting method not extrusion. Not to say its perfect but it has it's own things to look after. Maybe @AlexTzone can offer more info on this when production begins

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017

This is a great solution IMO, using AIOs that can be expanded with standard G1/4" fittings. Another suggestion is the Fractal Design Celsius S24 (pump only) which is based on the Asetek pump design used in 99% of all AIOs, but is expandable. Admittedly, it takes a bit more skill on the end user (they should understand fittings) but it will allow for custom tube lengths and choice of hard or soft tubing.

Last edited:

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
I sold my old X58 rig after discovering the Mjolnir. I'm waiting to receive it to make my new build. Well worth the wait.

I bought one of these today to use with my laptop to hold me over for my gaming needs (I kept my 1080Ti FE from my old build): https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-accelerator-shell-ga1-1000

Shouldn't be an issue to sell on eBay etc once my ITX build is complete.

I thought I'd post it in case anyone else might be in a similar position. It's on sale for $70 off.

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
On the 2+ slot GPU front: I'm happy to only support 2 slot pcie cards (since this is SFF after all). I think going to 3 slot cards adds unnecessary width, sacrificing the SFF aspect of the design.. Most I'm comfortable (my opinion) is supporting 2.5 slot card width, mostly to give breathing room for 2 slot cards.

A comparison is like supporting 140mm AIO vs 120mm AIO. While it can be great depending on who is reading, I think it is out of the design scope of this case.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Is the pricing already including VAT? How about shipping? Do we Europeans have to pay import taxes (VAT & customs)?

Aren't you obliged by Swedish law to have an imprint in your website? At least in Austria we have such laws in place.
Still waiting on a reply to those before pledging. ;)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Still waiting on a reply to those before pledging. ;)
According to Swedish law, sole proprietorships do not need to state the organization number on their websites. Limited Companies, however, have to do it. As soon as THOR ZONE is converted to a limited company we'll add all those things.

VAT (25%) will be included in the pledge price (299 * 1.25, 349 * 1.25), this VAT is deductible for countries outside of the EU. We'll cover import taxes and such for European countries :)

Reactions: JDK

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
According to Swedish law, sole proprietorships do not need to state the organization number on their websites. Limited Companies, however, have to do it. As soon as THOR ZONE is converted to a limited company we'll add all those things.

VAT (25%) will be included in the pledge price (299 * 1.25, 349 * 1.25), this VAT is deductible for countries outside of the EU. We'll cover import taxes and such for European countries :)

For those of us at work tomorrow, is there an estimate on when we can expect for this to appear on Kickstarter? Kickstarter is based out of Brooklyn, NY (Eastern Time). Can we expect this to show up on their website at midnight EST tonight or it might be any time tomorrow?

A small heads up would be nice as to not miss the Early Bird specials while at work.

Thanks so much.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
For those of us at work tomorrow, is there an estimate on when we can expect for this to appear on Kickstarter? Kickstarter is based out of Brooklyn, NY (Eastern Time). Can we expect this to show up on their website at midnight EST tonight or it might be any time tomorrow?

A small heads up would be nice as to not miss the Early Bird specials while at work.

Thanks so much.

Absolutely, as soon as I get updated from the Kickstarter crew I'll post it across all platforms. If that happens 2nd or 3rd I'm not completely sure yet (it took them only 1 day to respond the first time) but the campaign will launch at 7 PM UTC either the 2nd or 3rd :) Keeping launch time the same for your convenience.

You're welcome friend!

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
Absolutely, as soon as I get updated from the Kickstarter crew I'll post it across all platforms. If that happens 2nd or 3rd I'm not completely sure yet (it took them only 1 day to respond the first time) but the campaign will launch at 7 PM UTC either the 2nd or 3rd :) Keeping launch time the same for your convenience.

Understood, thank you Alex!

Reactions: AlexTzone