• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

2blentendre

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2018
@2blentendre BTW what you said about me before was probably the nicest thing I've heard from anyone in a professional setting! I really appreciate it, fills one with motivation to keep on doing the best one can for you guys :)

It's well-deserved friend. I sincerely look forward to the coming months.

All the best.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
VAT (25%) will be included in the pledge price (299 * 1.25, 349 * 1.25), this VAT is deductible for countries outside of the EU. We'll cover import taxes and such for European countries :)
Again, thanks for the answer.

I know these questions are annoying, but a follow-up: will VAT (25%) be the same for all EU countries? e.g. Germany uses 19%, Austria 20%. Not sure if Kickstarter allows for such differences anyway, but for me as an end-user there is a difference in paying 299, 359 or 374 for a case.
Yes I know, I could just wait for the Kickstarter campaign to go live, but I'm kinda excited and therefor curious and impatient. :D

Love your involvement with the community so far!

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Again, thanks for the answer.

I know these questions are annoying, but a follow-up: will VAT (25%) be the same for all EU countries? e.g. Germany uses 19%, Austria 20%. Not sure if Kickstarter allows for such differences anyway, but for me as an end-user there is a difference in paying 299, 359 or 374 for a case.
Yes I know, I could just wait for the Kickstarter campaign to go live, but I'm kinda excited and therefor curious and impatient. :D

Love your involvement with the community so far!

Happy to help guys, it's me / us who should be thanking you :D

VAT will be the same for all EU countries (25%). In legal terms the EU buyers pays % VAT currently used in the EU sellers country. So for Kickstarters launching from Germany -> 19% VAT for all EU countries, from Sweden -> 25% for all EU countries. Quickly glancing over DANs' A4 campaign and Louqes' GHOST S1 seems to confirm this :)

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
That depends on your (company's) legal form and financial handling (based on revenue?), I guess. e.g. Amazon charges VAT based on the buyer's location (I pay 20% on Amazon.de, Amazon.es and Amazon.fr).

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That depends on your (company's) legal form and financial handling (based on revenue?), I guess. e.g. Amazon charges VAT based on the buyer's location (I pay 20% on Amazon.de, Amazon.es and Amazon.fr).

Yes, for example Swedish law states that a company selling to a private person in the EU shall charge Swedish VAT. There may be differences in how other EU countries handle this.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes, for example Swedish law states that a company selling to a private person in the EU shall charge Swedish VAT. There may be differences in how other EU countries handle this.

This is correct. It is for every EU country the same. EU customers has to pay the VAT where the company is located.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
As I thought, it depends on your revenue:

The seller will calculate VAT based on either the VAT rate of the Member State from which the goods are shipped to the buyer (which is usually the Member State from which the goods are bought) or the VAT rate of the Member State into which the goods are shipped.

The VAT rate applied by the seller depends principally on the distance sales thresholds for intra-EU Business to Consumer (B2C) supplies of goods. They are determined by the Member State of destination (€ 35 000 or € 100 000). A seller has to check the total amount (without VAT) of distance sales in any one calendar year and also in the previous one:

• if that amount is lower than the threshold adopted by the Member State of destination, the seller can apply the VAT rate of the Member State from which the goods are sent;
  • if that amount is higher than the threshold approved by the Member State of destination, the seller can apply the VAT rate of the Member State into which the goods are sent.

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custo...g-goods-online-coming-from-within-eu-union_en

Sorry for derailing this thread, I wish you a successfull Kickstarter campaign! :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
GREAT NEWS GUYS!

Just got an approval from Kickstarter. They confused one of our prototype pics with a realistic rendering this time, I guess our photographer deserves a pat on the back ;) One more thing, if you get a friend to back MJOLNIR I tomorrow we'll upgrade you from Standard to RGB Edition for free.

So excited it's unbelievable! See you tomorrow at 7 PM UTC.

Best,
Alex

ps. I'll get back to all your questions, just give me some time to organize everything today / tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ghost_Pack

Chassis Packer
Dec 26, 2018
GREAT NEWS GUYS!

Just got an approval from Kickstarter. They confused one of our prototype pics with a realistic rendering this time, I guess our photographer deserves a pat on the back ;) One more thing, if you get a friend to back MJOLNIR I tomorrow we'll upgrade you from Standard to RGB Edition for free.

So excited it's unbelievable! See you tomorrow at 7 PM UTC.

Best,
Alex

ps. I'll get back to all your questions, just give me some time to organize everything today / tomorrow.

How does the recruit-a-friend system work? I've definitely mentioned the case to at lot of people on twitter and discord chats, is there a referral link to send out?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
How does the recruit-a-friend system work? I've definitely mentioned the case to at lot of people on twitter and discord chats, is there a referral link to send out?

Thanks a lot for spreading the word! It will be done through the Kickstarter survey backers receive after the campaign. There will be a field asking you to write down your friends name and postal code (we'll check it against all other backers and see if there is a match) :)

Has any thermal testing been done?

Will the price for the base model be 300*1.25= 375 ?

Yes, but that VAT will be deductible if you live outside of the EU :thumb:

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
^they got a small batch of the 545LC. Asetek will release an updated 92mm AIO that is why they discontinued the 545LC.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
@AlexTzone

Hi Alex,

Excited about today, but thought I'd drop another question.

In the current renders, you have a very clean outside chassis with no visible screw holes (good) when the panels are on the inside. However when the panels are mounted outside, it looks like theres a standoff screwed into the outside chassis, does this mean there is a screw hole that you anticipate will be filled from the inside when the panels are on the inside? I paste below what I perceive, and a solution using an adaptor that uses non-penetrating hole of the inside mount to just prop up the panel so that the outside panel remains screw hole less

On a related note, how are you actually meant to screw the inside holes towards the front of the chassis? I can imagine getting the first two side on by leaving the top off, but then the last panel probably has to be screwed in with quite some acrobatics I assume. Like putting a screw on the inside of a pringles tube.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone

Hi Alex,

Excited about today, but thought I'd drop another question.

In the current renders, you have a very clean outside chassis with no visible screw holes (good) when the panels are on the inside. However when the panels are mounted outside, it looks like theres a standoff screwed into the outside chassis, does this mean there is a screw hole that you anticipate will be filled from the inside when the panels are on the inside? I paste below what I perceive, and a solution using an adaptor that uses non-penetrating hole of the inside mount to just prop up the panel so that the outside panel remains screw hole less

On a related note, how are you actually meant to screw the inside holes towards the front of the chassis? I can imagine getting the first two side on by leaving the top off, but then the last panel probably has to be screwed in with quite some acrobatics I assume. Like putting a screw on the inside of a pringles tube.

The screws are pretty tiny (M2), and we'll anodize them to the same color as the rest of the chassis (so almost not visible, i.e what you see in the renders if you look hard enough). You're correct, some acrobatic measure will be needed for the last screw of the last panel XD but we'll include a hex-key to help with this. Also keep in mind that MJOLNIR I enclosure is basically a hollow shell, so you can easily reach in with your arm & hex-key.

EDIT: screw-holes in the renderings are almost invisible as I see now, this has occurred due to image compression.

Last edited:
Reactions: For_Science