Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I must say this is the whitest all white meshlicious ive seen so far!

I was jealous until I realized how many compromises must have been made to accomplish the look.

ATX vs SFX PSU, 240mm vs 280mm Rad, I don't believe the Motherboard supports the USB-C front panel header either.

... That said, still very nice looking.

Last edited:

Bask06

Cable Smoosher
Oct 16, 2018
Wait, does that completely block the display cable passthrough?
Just received mine yesterday and it does not block it completely but nearly... You still can mount it a bit higher though.

A quick tip, I wanted to mount two ek torque stc 10/16 on the reservoir.
They are touching each other and they are so wide that are imcompatible with the case (exceed the cable passthrough width...).

Last edited:
Reactions: Valantar and jives

Fatfester

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 25, 2021
Hi, anyone has fitted an ASUS Rog Crossair viii Impact (mini-DTX) motherboard in this case? I’ve seen that you need a longer pcie riser for the gpu, but somewhere says 20cm, other at least 25 and no specification on the type (right angle? Straight?). Any suggestion or experience on the matter? Thanks

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Just received mine yesterday and it does not block it completely but nearly... You still can mount it a bit higher though.

A quick tip, I wanted to mount two ek torque stc 10/16 on the reservoir.
They are touching each other and they are so wide that are imcompatible with the case (exceed the cable passthrough width...).
Seems like a missed opportunity to not mount it in the top PCIe slots instead IMO. There's much more space there for passing tubing through, and there are already threaded holes that might be made use of. I can't imagine many people will be using the horizontal PCIe slots in a custom loop.

Reactions: Bask06

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Just realized I'd never shared my build here. (More Images/Captions at the link.)

As noted in the captions and comments, I still have some cable management parts coming in, so I'll likely post an update once I get those and really clean things up.

Current temps with a Z63 cooling a 5900X and EVGA FTW3 3080 Ti under non-gaming load (27°c Ambient) are ~55°c on the CPU and ~45°c on the GPU.

With an ambient of 28°c or so last night while gaming, I was getting around 75°c on both average. (Apex Legends, Max Settings, 3440x1440p)

Ivy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 3, 2018
... the panels are mesh. Not perforated sheetmetal, but wire mesh. This typically means it's more open than most perforated metal (as woven wires are stronger than sheet metal, allowing them to be thinner) while simulaneously acting like a (coarse, but better than nothing) dust filter. Panels like the ones in your link are incredibly weak and susceptible to bending and even breakage due to the thinness of the metal between the holes (not to mention the risk of stuff getting into the system, kids poking things through the holes, etc.). The Meshlicious' design is a win-win solution - stronger, better looking, while almost as open to airflow.
Wire mesh, really ? I thought there are round holes on the panels

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Whether it is called 'wire mesh' or 'perforated round holes', I suppose only the manufacturing method determines it.
I do not have the case but from these pics, look closely at the junction between the 'mesh' and the solid border/boundary/perimeter. Note how the 'holes' are merged with the solid perimeter.
It looks like the holes are created by puncturing a solid sheet panel .

Reactions: Ivy

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Whether it is called 'wire mesh' or 'perforated round holes', I suppose only the manufacturing method determines it.
I do not have the case but from these pics, look closely at the junction between the 'mesh' and the solid border/boundary/perimeter. Note how the 'holes' are merged with the solid perimeter.
It looks like the holes are created by puncturing a solid sheet panel .

Yeah, you're right, apparently I had either misread the initial pics or just misremembered when I wrote that. It's definitely a punched sheet. You still get many of the benefits of wire mesh with thin stamped steel like this though, as the stamped holes are densely enough packed and the metal is thin enough that you still get the structural benefits of the metal between the holes essentially becoming wires. You can see that in how tightly the metal can be bent without significant deformation around the edges. This should still result in excellent airflow, as you avoid the need for thicker metal plating (required for larger holes for structural reasons), keep the panels very strong, and still get a huge open area without the need for adding filters. There's always a balancing act between panel strength and openness, and many of the extremely open Taobao cases for example have extremely soft and flexible panels due to this (also allowing for dust ingress, or children/pets/etc poking stuff into the openings). That's hardly suitable for a mass-market product, so this approach makes more sense IMO. There's also a question of materials - larger holes requiring thicker metal typically also means switching to aluminium due to the sheer weight of steel (and difficulty of manufacturing thick steel plating with a lot of holes), but this again drastically weakens the panels (aluminium is much less springy/stretchy than steel and is more prone to stress fractures, necessitating thicker support structures). Given the excellent thermal characteristics of this case (as seen in reviews) I really don't see how it would have been improved by larger holes.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
So here's an idea that just dropped into my head:

Why not make a distro plate + DDC pump mount that clips in place under the top panel of the case? Sure, it would grow the case volume equivalent to however many cm is added to the height, but it could make for a pretty cool look, and be pretty useful. If I had any kind of access to a CNC I might try my hand at this, but I don't, so if anyone wants to steal this idea, be my guest!

chardy52

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 20, 2021
Hi, anyone has fitted an ASUS Rog Crossair viii Impact (mini-DTX) motherboard in this case? I’ve seen that you need a longer pcie riser for the gpu, but somewhere says 20cm, other at least 25 and no specification on the type (right angle? Straight?). Any suggestion or experience on the matter? Thanks
Yes I have. The riser that comes with it fits fine. The trick is to attach riser to motherboard first, install and then attach GPU side of riser to case then install GPU. The riser does cover up the RGB header near the sound card. Have Fun!

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
That looks great! How thick is your GPU/water block, and how much clearance do you have with your current setup?
Thank you! I'm using a Radeon RX with an EK-Quantum Vector RX 6800/6900 cover. Clearance is a bit less than 1,5 cm between the block and the fans.

Reactions: Valantar

Uglobu

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2021
After getting my build up and running ... man, this case is great. Yes, my most direct comparison is a large and poorly ventilated NZXT H200i. But at least I ran it without its extremely restrictive front panel for the past few months. Moving to a 280mm rad from a 240 obviously has an effect as well (though it's thinner at 30mm vs. 38), and the Arctic P14s are clearly better than the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3s. But still ... this system is so quiet. And takes up so little desk space. And thermals are great. I tightened down the Aquanaut's mounting a bit, which I think helped thermals noticeably, but even accounting for that, this looks absolutely excellent. Building wasn't easy, but most of that was due to me overcomplicating things with my water loop. And in 3-slot mode, there is a shocking amount of cable management space behind the PSU.

I haven't run any real stress tests yet, but I'm currently idling at a reported ~40W CPU package power (but HWInfo64 also reports a 230-260% power reporting deviation, so real-world package power is likely closer to 15-17W - thanks for being so straightforward, ASrock!), GPU at ~30W, with the pump at 1200rpm, the top radiator fan at 1100rpm, and the bottom fan stopped. CPU temps are in the mid-40s (Tctl) and mid-to-high 30s (CCD1 Tdie). Ambient temps (according to my desk clock, so not very accurate) is 28°C, water temp is 33° after the radiator (~1.2 degrees warmer after the GPU, before the rad), and I literally can't hear the system. If I came into the room like this I wouldn't be able to tell if the PC was on or not.

Only (temporary) downside: my DP connector is too long (and my old, crappy monitor doesn't support its native 1440p over HDMI), necessitating some improvisation.

I'm waiting on two of ADT-link's new DP 1.4 extensions (panel mount version, I'll either drill holes for them at the back of the case or make a bracket in the cable pass-through to have quasi-proper rear ports) to alleviate that though. Hopefully AliExpress shipping won't be that slow.
I'm also using an ADT-Link DisplayPort Extension (P4T P2 https://aliexpress.com/item/4000308855899.html ) and drafted a bracket for the cable pass-through. Haven't yet printed and verified if it fits, idea is to clip it in from the outside. Maybe it helps: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4897607

k1llah3rtz

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021
anyone have a completed 3090FE build in a meshilicous? i have both yet to be unboxed, moving the card over all the way to the panel seems the way forward but would be great to see any tips :)