Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
At least at Caseking, yes, both black and white IIRC. They cost €10 more than the glass+mesh versions due to the mesh panels being more expensive. 4.0 is all-mesh black only.

I see no mention of 4.0, so I would assume it's 3.0.

On caseking.de it says the generation.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
At least at Caseking, yes, both black and white IIRC. They cost €10 more than the glass+mesh versions due to the mesh panels being more expensive. 4.0 is all-mesh black only.

I see no mention of 4.0, so I would assume it's 3.0.

That 4.0 limitation is ridiculous... especially because they don't even offer the 4.0 on the side for those who want white full mesh.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yeah, the riser is available on Caseking for €80. For some strange reason it wasn't listed under accessories when I looked, but I found it by just searching for SSUPD.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Guys! If anyone in Europe ordered a white PCIe 3.0 one with tempered glass and for some reason once it arrives you don't like it and would prefer black, I will gladly swap :D

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Guys! If anyone in Europe ordered a white PCIe 3.0 one with tempered glass and for some reason once it arrives you don't like it and would prefer black, I will gladly swap :D

It's nice of you to offer that, but IF that would happen, please keep that in the BST section, rather than here. For a number of reasons.

Reactions: Marvelm

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
What's the best 280 AIO on the market for that case, kraken?
The choice would depend on whether you are willing to swap fans and whether you want RGB or not. I listed some good options here.

Nice tips for 280 AIO's there @biopunk!

Although @kiehl, the "best AIO on the market" - it doesn't exist.
As when comparing 280 to a 280, they will perform pretty much the same, seeing as they are exactly the same size, probably use the same Asetek pump as well.

When it comes to choosing an AIO, which I have been several times before and only recently for the Meshlicios as well. After much researching etc, just go for the one that looks the best to you in all honesty. As they will all perform the same to eachother, more or less. Maybe 1-3 degrees at max between them, depending on the workload, but at that point it's nothing to take note of.

Looks and which fans you want, seeing as most stock fans aren't the best, is what I would suggest you look at.
Personally I went with the Kraken Z63, due to for me the LCD display is a whole new level of customisation when it comes to AIO pumps and one that I've started to use a lot lately.

As well as waiting for Lian Li's new UnfiFan AL140's to come out, due to already having the SL140's, but I like the RGB a lot more on the new AL, to be from the fan hub and illuminate the fan blades. Wereas on the SL ones, it's only a light bar that goes on each side of the fan. The AL looks a lot more vivid and alive to me.

Hope this helps you in your quest for a new AIO :)

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
You got me thinking, which AIOs let you set the fan curve based on the coolant temperature?
I know that Corsair AIOs and Kraken Zxx have a built-in temperature sensor and EK AIOs don't.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
You got me thinking, which AIOs let you set the fan curve based on the coolant temperature?
I know that Corsair AIOs and Kraken Zxx have a built-in temperature sensor and EK AIOs don't.

Doesn't all of them? If you set an fan curve in the BIOS?... Or am I thinking of the CPU temperature here, which may not be directly related to the coolant though.

As far as I'm aware atleast, and I know this from using one myself, the Kraken Z series all can be used to controlled by the liquid/coolant temperature. I use this to make the pump not ramp up and down so much, which it did when it was based off of the CPU temperature.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
The choice would depend on whether you are willing to swap fans and whether you want RGB or not. I listed some good options here.
Nice link, thank you.

I am not a fan of RGB and considering

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 + noctua fans or vardas as I have 2x 140 available.​

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Nice link, thank you.

ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 + noctua fans or vardas as I have 2x 140 available.​

Arctic P14 PWM which come with LFII are actually the best non-RGB 140mm static pressure fans you can get right now, you don't have to swap them.
People tend to think that Noctua makes the best fans but in reality, not all of them are that good. NF-A14 is an example of a very old design (2012-2013) that doesn't perform that well compared to the competition anymore.

Reactions: robojim

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Nice link, thank you.

Arctic P14 PWM which come with LFII are actually the best non-RGB 140mm static pressure fans you can get right now, you don't have to swap them.
People tend to think that Noctua makes the best fans but in reality, not all of them are that good. NF-A14 is an example of a very old design (2012-2013) that doesn't perform that well compared to the competition anymore.

FYI, GamersNexus made an video on the Arctic Liquid Freezer II and it basically topped their chart, if I recall correctly. The P14's are also the best fans out there, when you consider what you pay for them and what you get. Basically Noctua fans for a third of the price. Keep in mind though that their fans have a noise issue at certain RPM's, which have been confirmed by Arctic themselves, it's something with the fan hub, how it's constructed.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Seconding the recommendation for the Kraken Z63, especially in a case where you can see the pump as clearly as you can in the Meshlicious. It also fits in 4-Slot mode.

Only thing I'd warn about is the fans are loud at high speeds, so may be worth swapping to Artic P14s (for silence) or Lian Li Uni fans (for RGB).

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Seconding the recommendation for the Kraken Z63, especially in a case where you can see the pump as clearly as you can in the Meshlicious.

Only thing I'd warn about is the fans are loud at high speeds, so may be worth swapping to Artic P14s (for silence) or Lian Li Uni fans (for RGB).

I'd say the UniFans, not only for RGB, but for one fatal part that is more or less crucial in such a compact case... The cable management, only 2 cables from the 2 fans which are exiting from the top.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
As well as waiting for Lian Li's new UniFan AL140's to come out, due to already having the SL140's, but I like the RGB a lot more on the new AL, to be from the fan hub and illuminate the fan blades. Whereas on the SL ones, it's only a light bar that goes on each side of the fan. The AL looks a lot more vivid and alive to me.
Wow those AL140s look very nice. Hope they perform well. I was thinking of combining the P14 fans with the Halos 140mm frame for my custom loop but this would be even more elegant. Hope the release date is somewhat soon.