Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Here's my matte black 280mm custom loop build coming from dual 240mm rad in a Formd T1. The meshlicious was so much easier to work in and it's also both cooler and quieter with the single 280mm rad vs the 2 x 240mm rads in the T1. I reused fittings I had previously, so I only had to buy the rad and fans. I could always reuse one of the 240mm rads for another dual setup but there's really no need. I've upgraded from a 3700X to a 5950X, so any of my previous tests I've posted are void. Images below and test results. Note that fans are set as pull / intake

Noise tests - Both builds silent at idle
At 100% - FormT1 - 41.1 dB
At 100% - Meshliscious - 38.1 dB

Temperatures Tests - AMD 5950X max power draw is 142W. Nvidia 2080ti max power draw is 240W. Both have custom PBO / undervolt applied.

Formd T1​
TestCPU TempGPU TempCoolant Temp
Prime9567-34.4
Heaven Benchmank-5043.0
Prime95 + Heaven835447.1
Meshlicious​
TestCPU TempGPU TempCoolant Temp
Prime9564-30.8
Heaven Benchmark-4636.3
Prime95 + Heaven804939.0

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
It is interesting that the Taobao SSUPD store carries the Up/Down right angled cables while the SSUPD.com shop lists the Left/Right right angled cables. One must be careful to order the correct orientation cable to his particular build.

Later releases should be all switched to Up/Down Angle DP Cable.

No version update.

Goreaction

Efficiency Noob
Jan 26, 2021
I wonder if anyone lives in Europe and buys on Taobao? What is the shipping fee?

my time to shine.
i have doubts that the case will really appear here in june in germany.
so i ordered one from taobao.
for the case I paid 94 Euro and for the shipping with EMS 74 Euro.
I read you shouldnt ship with EMS?! I dont know why.
Every other shipping was way to much.

Reactions: Stargazer

Mr.Existend

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 21, 2021
Already got to Russia
Pre-build, waiting Arctic Freezer II 280 and maybe need replace 24pin connector to black stock.

Spec:
10850k 5Ghz
MSI z490i Unify
2x8 Gb Tforce Xtreem 4200CL16
Asus RX 6900XT TUF
SF750
EK-AIO 240

Reactions: rfarmer

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
my time to shine.
You order directly from Taobao or via an agent?

203Null

Trash Compacter
Feb 16, 2021
Does anyone have cable length for Meshlicious with SF750? I don't have SF750 in hand yet so can't test it atm.

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
my time to shine.
Sometimes EMS scams you with service fees, taken for customs which are way too high. You then have to fill out a document where YOU make the customs declaration so they can't take that fee from you. Obviously it will stay at the warehouse longer then.
Best and fastest would be DHL. They will just charge you normal for customs/vat if everything is declared correctly.
I would just try shipping from taobao directly next time. If you don't take the inspection service from superbuy, it's pretty much the same.

vanlesk

What's an ITX?
New User
May 22, 2021
Is there any way I can pre-book the case on CaseKing? Does CaseKing have at least a bulletin so I can order it as soon as they have it in stock?

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
I know but they called mesh and they have put one side glass, strange, but today everyone loves glass, so they can see inside of his case, if u build something like this, like Optimum tech did, I love to see 2 side with glass.....it will be perfect......

Barracuda727

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2018
Ok I found it on mesh web page there is a option to buy separetly but its not available yet, its coming soon, so one day, but other problem some has found in this case is why not made bigger holes such as hexagonal holes or at least just bigger circle holes for better air ventilation, no matter if u wanna all side glass or all mesh, bigger holes would help temps a lot...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fgrsychckn.easycgi.com%2FPictures%2FCase%2FS401%2Fbasic_with_handle.jpg&hash=a9d3754d510e42ada060d43257af96ee

hexagonal holes

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Ok I found it on mesh web page there is a option to buy separetly but its not available yet, its coming soon, so one day, but other problem some has found in this case is why not made bigger holes such as hexagonal holes or at least just bigger circle holes for better air ventilation, no matter if u wanna all side glass or all mesh, bigger holes would help temps a lot...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fgrsychckn.easycgi.com%2FPictures%2FCase%2FS401%2Fbasic_with_handle.jpg&hash=a9d3754d510e42ada060d43257af96ee

hexagonal holes
... the panels are mesh. Not perforated sheetmetal, but wire mesh. This typically means it's more open than most perforated metal (as woven wires are stronger than sheet metal, allowing them to be thinner) while simulaneously acting like a (coarse, but better than nothing) dust filter. Panels like the ones in your link are incredibly weak and susceptible to bending and even breakage due to the thinness of the metal between the holes (not to mention the risk of stuff getting into the system, kids poking things through the holes, etc.). The Meshlicious' design is a win-win solution - stronger, better looking, while almost as open to airflow.