Production Meshlicious Redesign - Vertical, 280AIO mainstream case

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Sorry guys, I assume this info is probably here but I could not find by searching...
How much total thickness up front for the 280 radiator+140mm fans? And I guess other than the backplate the main limitation here is room for 24 pin PSU cable... I wonder if there is a radiator thickness that is less more ideal than max that allows better clearance from cables and more airflow.

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Sorry guys, I assume this info is probably here but I could not find by searching...
How much total thickness up front for the 280 radiator+140mm fans? And I guess other than the backplate the main limitation here is room for 24 pin PSU cable... I wonder if there is a radiator thickness that is less more ideal than max that allows better clearance from cables and more airflow.

It's on the website, near the bottom: https://ssupd.com/products/meshlicious?variant=37165949616312

Front radiator

240 / 280 mm (max 150 mm width, 62 mm thickness with fans,dependent on GPU position / type)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Well, I am out...

After numerous unanswered questions about mDTX support, and said support being alluded to here & on the SFF.N Discord server, it turns out that miniDTX mobos are NOT supported...

And since I have one of the only mDTX mobos in production (ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact), I will not be moving into the Meshlicious chassis...

SO disappointed, especially at being "led along" this whole time...! I mean, I literally asked about mDTX support on the Discord server, directly to W360, and was made to think it would work...

But now, the new website says no...

/SuperSadface9001

Looks like I might just be getting a NR200 while I wait for the DanCase C4-SFX chassis...

Mini-DTX dimensions might be subject to change, so for this reason, Meshlicious doesn't officially support Mini-DTX. I have some information that I can't share with the public, so I'm not going to get into it.

If you are talking about ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact, which is not strictly a Mini-DTX motherboard, yes, it will fit.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

Mini-DTX dimensions might be subject to change, so for this reason, Meshlicious doesn't officially support Mini-DTX. I have some information that I can't share with the public, so I'm not going to get into it.

If you are talking about ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact, which is not strictly a Mini-DTX motherboard, yes, it will fit.

So just to fully clarify, the ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Impact miniDTX motherboard (ASUS markets it as miniDTX) WILL fit in the Mesh-Licious chassis, high-rise daughtercard & all...?!? I would assume in three-slot mode only...? Any issues with the extended board length & the riser cable...?

If yes, then this is great...! I can go with the chassis I have been lusting over for the past half year or so...!

Now, questions regarding 280 AIOs, any recommended units...? Thinking about the 280 EK-AIO, the beQuiet! 280 Pure Loop AIO, and the NZXT Kraken Z63 280 AIO...

EK has the RGB bling, beQuiet! seems a good price / performance choice, but the NZXT Z63 has that real-time temps readout on the CPU pump / block combo...!

One issue I see rising up though... The 90° video out cables... I have two 31.5" 2560x1440 monitors... If I were to use an HDMI cable on them, I am limited to 60hz... When I use the DP ports on them, I can OC my IPS panels to 75Hz...!

So, not only do I need to pay an extra 30 bucks for a second mesh side panel (even though there are numerous instances of marketing materials on the SSUPD website stating "Full, breathable, mesh panels on ALL sides let you savor the airflow and minty temps.", but I have to pony up an additional 60 bucks for two 90° DP 1.4 cables...?!?

So an additional NINETY DOLLARS to get the chassis in suitable working order...?!?

I also need to say, if I were to want a TG panel, I would prefer it to be smoked (as I am sure plenty other end-users would also prefer), which is yet another 40 bucks...!

Seems like there will be plenty of folks looking to get into a mainstream sub-15L SFF chassis at an affordable price, only to find out they have to basically double that price once side panels & specialized video out cables are sorted...?!?

Sorry about the raging in regards to the add-on pricing, but I believe it is a fair point...!

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
So just to fully clarify, the ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Impact miniDTX motherboard (ASUS markets it as miniDTX) WILL fit in the Mesh-Licious chassis, high-rise daughtercard & all...?!? I would assume in three-slot mode only...? Any issues with the extended board length & the riser cable...?

If yes, then this is great...! I can go with the chassis I have been lusting over for the past half year or so...!

Now, questions regarding 280 AIOs, any recommended units...? Thinking about the 280 EK-AIO, the beQuiet! 280 Pure Loop AIO, and the NZXT Kraken Z63 280 AIO...

EK has the RGB bling, beQuiet! seems a good price / performance choice, but the NZXT Z63 has that real-time temps readout on the CPU pump / block combo...!

One issue I see rising up though... The 90° video out cables... I have two 31.5" 2560x1440 monitors... If I were to use an HDMI cable on them, I am limited to 60hz... When I use the DP ports on them, I can OC my IPS panels to 75Hz...!

So, not only do I need to pay an extra 30 bucks for a second mesh side panel (even though there are numerous instances of marketing materials on the SSUPD website stating "Full, breathable, mesh panels on ALL sides let you savor the airflow and minty temps.", but I have to pony up an additional 60 bucks for two 90° DP 1.4 cables...?!?

So an additional NINETY DOLLARS to get the chassis in suitable working order...?!?

I also need to say, if I were to want a TG panel, I would prefer it to be smoked (as I am sure plenty other end-users would also prefer), which is yet another 40 bucks...!

Seems like there will be plenty of folks looking to get into a mainstream sub-15L SFF chassis at an affordable price, only to find out they have to basically double that price once side panels & specialized video out cables are sorted...?!?

Sorry about the raging in regards to the add-on pricing, but I believe it is a fair point...!
DP 1.4 90 angle Adapter = £6

You're having lots of questions for £100. :)

The ideal case for you is nCase m1 - for double the price

Reactions: pwnedundies

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
It's on the website, near the bottom: https://ssupd.com/products/meshlicious?variant=37165949616312

Front radiator

240 / 280 mm (max 150 mm width, 62 mm thickness with fans,dependent on GPU position / type)
Thanks, not sure how I missed it.
150mm is just 3mm to narrow for a 280GTS... wonder if I could shove it in.
Also, 72mm clearance for CPU cooler, I guess this block/pump combo barely fits

according to OT here:

Wonder if that's too close for comfort and I should just get a seperate pump (3080 FE waterblock from EK only 200mm long, so do have some room on GPU side for a pump.

John Warosa

Cable Smoosher
Dec 29, 2020
120 Euro =/= 120$ bro, the price on the website is in USD ;) And maybe it skips customs, who knows ;)

You're right, it's 98€ so the total would be: 98€ + 48€ + 5€ x 20% = 180€ , still pricey.

A package so (relatively) big it's unlikely to skip customs (also, it depends on what the store declared to be the content).

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
DP 1.4 90 angle Adapter = £6

You're having lots of questions for £100. :)

The ideal case for you is nCase m1 - for double the price
I am referencing the 90° DP cables listed on the SSUPD / Mesh-Licious website, not the cheapest price I could find on Amazon...

So at what particular price point should one be allowed to ask questions in regards to their monies being spent...?!? This seems like a stupid thing to say...

If I wanted to move into a M1 I would have done so long ago, but thanks for telling ME what I need...

You post was not informative or helpful in any way, but enjoy your trolling...

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Zotac has shorter 3070s but likely will take up one fan slot.

EVGA XC 3060 ti is a shortie (205mm ish); I have one in a Skyreach 4 mini
the zotac is shortish but not short enough for the horizontal mount solution.

@Wahaha360 is the 235mm max horizontal GPU length sans rad in front? because that means a restriction with a 60mm rad+fan combo for instance would mean the GPU would be more like 175mm

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I am referencing the 90° DP cables listed on the SSUPD / Mesh-Licious website, not the cheapest price I could find on Amazon...

So at what particular price point should one be allowed to ask questions in regards to their monies being spent...?!? This seems like a stupid thing to say...

If I wanted to move into a M1 I would have done so long ago, but thanks for telling ME what I need...

You post was not informative or helpful in any way, but enjoy your trolling...
the ones on the SSUPD website look like they would interfere with each other anyway if the DP ports are horizontally aligned so you'd probably be better off with 90 degree downwards cables

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
If there's no way to configure the case to come with 2x mesh panels rather than 1x mesh and 1x tempered, that'll be disappointing. It's wasteful both in terms of money, carbon footprint, and materials to expect people to order an additional panel.

Regardless I'll be waiting to see if FE cards are viable in this case - CPU temps versus the NR200 look good but dubious about the GPU temps with passthrough cooling.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
If there's no way to configure the case to come with 2x mesh panels rather than 1x mesh and 1x tempered, that'll be disappointing. It's wasteful both in terms of money, carbon footprint, and materials to expect people to order an additional panel.

Regardless I'll be waiting to see if FE cards are viable in this case - CPU temps versus the NR200 look good but dubious about the GPU temps with passthrough cooling.
i doubt the Amazon and Newegg and such listings could have these options and this is probably one way to keep costs down by having fewer SKUs. dunno if through SSUPD website could have an option to swap out potentially? but methinks it won't be likely.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Thanks, not sure how I missed it.
150mm is just 3mm to narrow for a 280GTS... wonder if I could shove it in.
Also, 72mm clearance for CPU cooler, I guess this block/pump combo barely fits

according to OT here:

Wonder if that's too close for comfort and I should just get a seperate pump (3080 FE waterblock from EK only 200mm long, so do have some room on GPU side for a pump.
Regarding Barrow CPU pump block check my post https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ical-280aio-mainstream-case.14608/post-233614

Oh, man. This is soooo bad. I would be jut one milimeter to fit an Arctic Liquid Frezzer II 280. They hat the best AiO performance in the Tests from GN and are not so expensive.
Just sand-down the fans by 1mm lol

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
One thing about the Optimum Tech video...

His temps chart shows a note that temps are "with dust filters removed"...

Well, the Mesh-Licious mesh side panels ARE the dust filters...!

So, will we see worse temps with the mesh side panels in place...? (...and double worse temps with one of the side panels being TG...?)

Regardless, his testing does not REALLY tell us about temps in this chassis, because he had mesh on BOTH sides (and he also stated that the chassis would come with two mesh side panels & the TG panels would be the extra cost accessory)...?!?

I really, Really, REALLY wish that Mesh-Licious would take a page from the Cooler Master NR200P playbook; ship Mesh-Licious with TWO mesh side panels & have an upcharge SKU if one wants to have a TG side panel...!?!

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019

This is quite a ridiculous exaggeration. You're specific use case being not optimal or desired doesn't mean the case isn't in "suitable working order." It will work 100% fine and has already been thermally tested to work fine with the TG panel. You don't need to spend any extra money for the case to "work."

They 100% need to fix the site if it isn't going to have all mesh panels. It clearly states that it does even if the pictures show otherwise. They should also update the pictures, on the site, to show people how the gpu I/O works when it is in the vertical positioning and not just rely on OT's video. If it doesn't work with standard cables then that needs to be listed in the specs.

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I mean if you look at the pics on the ssupd site, it shows a TG panel like so

But the language does indicate it should be all mesh

Meshlicious is a combination of MESH and Delicious. There’s so much mesh that your mouth will water. Full, breathable, mesh panels on all sides let you savor the airflow and minty temps.
  • Full Mesh panels - Ventilated on all sides
  • 14.6 liters in size
  • Support for regular size hardware
  • Easy to assemble in 6 easy steps

This definitely should be clarified to say that it comes with 1 TG panel and extra mesh would have to be bought separately.

Edit: the specs do say 1 TG and 1 mesh too

Specifications

3.5” drive support

Up to 2 x 3.5” HDD (With Small Form Factor GPU)

Expansion slots

Full Length GPU : Up to 4 slot; Small Form Factor GPU : 3 slot

Front fan

2x 120 mm or 2x 140 mm

Left side Panel

1 mm thickness Mesh Panel

2.5” drive support

3 x 2.5” SSD or 7 x 2.5” SSD (With Small Form Factor GPU)

Front ports

1x USB 3.0; 1x Type-C 3.1 Gen 2; Power LED

Tool-less push-to-lock

Both side, Top side, and Front side Panels

Right side panel

Tempered Glass Panel
So I guess just the copy on the page should be made a bit clearer

Reactions: pwnedundies

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
This is quite a ridiculous exaggeration. You're specific use case being not optimal or desired doesn't mean the case isn't in "suitable working order." It will work 100% fine and has already been thermally tested to work fine with the TG panel. You don't need to spend any extra money for the case to "work."

They 100% need to fix the site if it isn't going to have all mesh panels. It clearly states that it does even if the pictures show otherwise. They should also update the pictures, on the site, to show people how the gpu I/O works when it is in the vertical positioning and not just rely on OT's video. If it doesn't work with standard cables then that needs to be listed in the specs.
Where are these thermals results with a TG side panel in place...?

There is NO thermal info given on the SSUPD / Mesh-Licious website, and Optimal Tech tested with mesh side panels (AND stated that the chassis comes with TWO mesh side panels)...?!?

(...possibly, as the thermals chart he shows states that the testing took place with "dust filters removed", which would mean the side panels were removed & it was basically an open bench sort of test...?)

sorokyl

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2020
Where are these thermals results with a TG side panel in place...?

There is NO thermal info given on the SSUPD / Mesh-Licious website, and Optimal Tech tested with mesh side panels (AND stated that the chassis comes with TWO mesh side panels)...?!?

(...possibly, as the thermals chart he shows states that the testing took place with "dust filters removed", which would mean the side panels were removed & it was basically an open bench sort of test...?)
relax. Assuming you use an AIO, glass on the motherboard side is probably not going to affect thermals very much. If you go full loop you can put the glass on either side and it doesn't really matter, there's plenty of ventilation remaining.

I think double mesh is really just going to be a matter of aesthetic preference and not necessary for thermals, unless you're doing all air or trying to install a second rad on the side, neither of which the case are really designed for, so paying $30 for an extra panel isn't too ridiculous