M69 - 4L Build Housing 1080 TI

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Does that PSU layout not mean that the PSU heat exhausts back into the case, rather than out like a standard Flex 1U? Have you noticed any issues with that? And is the 40mm exhausting directly into the case, or taking air into the PSU that exhausts passively out of the PSU vents? Absolutely gorgeous rig, regardless! :):thumb:

Good observation!
It is an intake i believe, takes air from the case and then it is vented out on the other side (through a side vent)
Don't know if it is visible in the pictures but there is a side vent a in the PSU and matching vent through the case.

After an hour or so of gaming, you can feel some heat when touching the case next to where the PSU fan is, on the other side it is cool
Didn't face any issues till now.

Thanks! do you think its possible to fit 2 SSD in this or is it impossible because of space?
Google translate: "A 2.5-inch hard disk can be installed on the side of the power supply, and the internal space of the chassis is large. Two 2.5-inch hard disks can be added. If you choose a mini graphics card, you can also install a 3.5-inch hard disk."

Idk where the 2nd one is supposed to fit, but the post says it's possible.

There is quite enough space behind the front of the case, don't believe there are dedicated screws for additional 2.5" drives, but they can be easily fixed for example by using double sided scotch tape.

Reactions: kroken

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
That's great to know! Just pulled the trigger on one, seller only had red left :) now just need to order some more stuff yeah?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
@see4 can you measure the distance from the top of the GPU to the top of the case (I'm thinking of adding a couple of 40mm noctua fans to help with heat) :)

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
2 X Separate source sata power cables which i re-purposed one of them to be used as second 8 pin connector for the GPU
I would be very wary of that adapter. SATA connectors are rated for 4.5A per voltage rail, i.e. 54W max at 12V. 8-pin PCIe is rated at nearly that much per ground+12V wire pair (of which there are three, with two extra ground connectors) for 150W total per connector. Depending on how the load balances across your "real" 8-pin and the adapted one, that SATA connector could melt pretty quickly even if it's overbuilt and can handle, say, 2x the rated load before catastrophic failure.

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
@see4 can you measure the distance from the top of the GPU to the top of the case (I'm thinking of adding a couple of 40mm noctua fans to help with heat) :)

From the metal part it is 4cm, but the GPU HS extends 1cm higher, so it makes less than 3cm

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
@see4 is the chassis aluminum or steel? I'm Thinking of a magnetic mod down the road. ;)

(I couldn't see anything mentioning the metal on taobao) and I have not received my chassis yet... Currently in route to the US. (Shipping and handling was about ~50usd using EMS shipping (7-10days), purchased through superbuy and the cost of chassis + PSU + riser was ~88USD, so all in all ~140usd after you add in 2.9% for PayPal since the buyers pays the PayPal fees when PayPal is used) unfortunately they only have red right now, so I'll have to paint or power coat it. Black and silver will be available after the spring festival... Which should mean they are available around the end of January or early February, but that's just an estimate. :)

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
@see4 is the chassis aluminum or steel? I'm Thinking of a magnetic mod down the road. ;)

(I couldn't see anything mentioning the metal on taobao) and I have not received my chassis yet... Currently in route to the US. (Shipping and handling was about ~50usd using EMS shipping (7-10days), purchased through superbuy and the cost of chassis + PSU + riser was ~88USD, so all in all ~140usd after you add in 2.9% for PayPal since the buyers pays the PayPal fees when PayPal is used) unfortunately they only have red right now, so I'll have to paint or power coat it. Black and silver will be available after the spring festival... Which should mean they are available around the end of January or early February, but that's just an estimate. :)

Honestly I'm not sure, it feels tough enough, can't tell

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
an update: It is aluminum.

I just got my m69 today!! The red is a darker red (I'd almost call it like a blood red) here is a picture with a red Skittle.
Dimensions are a little off.

115mm wide x 213mm deep x 219mm tall.(5.36L)

A few minor manufacturer defects.

The PSU came with the case and modular silver plated cables.

sgi (model #: AHF5DV456W rev 2.0) (manufacturer part number: ECD13030003)

The case, power supply, cables, and pcie riser came to 88.50 (after fees) shipping to the US was an additional 48.27 (but I chose one of the faster shipping options) total cost was 136.77. Great deal for the small case and power supply.

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
The case, power supply, cables, and pcie riser came to 88.50 (after fees) shipping to the US was an additional 48.27 (but I chose one of the faster shipping options) total cost was 136.77. Great deal for the small case and power supply.

Very nice, this seems to have more wattage than the one i have, yes great deal all in all, keep us posted

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I don't mind it, and it would look good if I rock it with dual ty-100 fan on the GPU and a axp90 copper. Both have red fan shrouds and orange fins. I would upload pics but imgur is having issues right now. :/

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
So.... any plans on drilling thje front panel to add a front power button and front USB ports?

cptwhite

Cable Smoosher
Dec 22, 2019
Poblopuablo
I just got exactly the same kit, silver cables and red case.

My case has the same minor defects, this is obviously a manufacturing issue. It's red die anodised, it will scratch easily. Fortunately I work with powder coaters and have access to a comprehensive tooling at work. Think I'm going to go for a dark grey colour

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Poblopuablo
I just got exactly the same kit, silver cables and red case.

My case has the same minor defects, this is obviously a manufacturing issue. It's red die anodised, it will scratch easily. Fortunately I work with powder coaters and have access to a comprehensive tooling at work. Think I'm going to go for a dark grey colour
Yeah I think I'm going to go black. I'll probably paint the internal frame myself, but have the sides, bottom and top powder coated. (to save cost)

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Seem to be hard to fit 2 ssd in this one, I can't find any more space after the 1080 to goes in:/

So first one goes next to the psu, there is no place in the front ? I have to open mine and have a look again

On a side note, I got hold of a black ridge and have ordered a low profile memory, a noctua 12x15 will go underneath and the case allow for another 12x25 on top, I'm excited to see how much OC headroom this will allow