M69 - 4L Build Housing 1080 TI

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Hi Guys,
Like many others I've been silent observer for the lat few months, slowly but surely my own build came together and then some more
I did the Dan build and it is a beauty, but this thread is not about that, it is about the next build i did, which is just damn sexy

Initially I set my eyes on a case called the K39, but it was out of stock, soon after i stumbled upon another case called M69.
I didn't find any reviews or posts about this case, but eventually put my order in, it was for that case + riser + flex PSU (will tell you about it, impressive PSU)
I chose this case mainly because of the GPU clearance, it was listed as 21 cm, and i knew the Zotac 1080TI min is also ~21 cm, so it seamed like a sure bet it would fit, and it did.

I went with bhiner as a proxy, it wasn't cheap, about 48$ shipping and handling, the total cost for the case + riser + PSU was about 83$, so all in all cost me about 130$.

Once i picked up the case, it was straight forward build, all parts sat well together, much smoother than the Dan A4 build i finished a week before.

The PSU was a gamble and it turned out to be a champ
It is a modular PSU, the cables are very flexible, though seems like they would snap if handled roughly.
It was fitted with silent Delta 4cm fan, and as far as i can tell it is 4 pin fan and can be easily replaced in the future (was planning to replace it with Noctua fan but no need for now)
The PSU is 450w, it is handling my old 90w i7 + 1080TI like a breeze.

The Build:

CPU: Xeon X3470 4c/8t @ 3.5 (Small OC)
Mobo : Gigabyte h55n-usb3 (One of two ITX motherboards that came out for this platform)
Ram : 16GB DDR3 ( 2 x 8 GB which also was a gamble since module with such capacity on this platform wasn't available back then)
GPU : Zotac 1080TI Mini (fitted with Evga bios for quite operation)
Cooling : Thermolab (Cooltek) LP53 with Noctua A9x14 Fan (although this case allow for the 25mm fan!)
Storage: Single 512GB Crucial SSD

Thermals are pretty impressive, CPU in games maxes around 78c, GPU around 71c (even with the silent Evga bios).

Link for the M69 Case:

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
That is definitely a super cool power supply! And a good looking build!

Reactions: see4

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Yea never seen a PSU like that. Definitely not your standard FlexATX.

I didn't know 450W can handle 90w i7 + 1080Ti :)

cptwhite

Cable Smoosher
Dec 22, 2019
Where is the PSU from? Do you have a link? Edit: Oops, so the PSU is included with the case?!

I assume you need to order the PCI-E raiser cable seperately, and PSU cables? Can you confirm?

Also would the case fit an R9 Nano, which has a total dims of 156mm long x 107mm deep x 36mm high

Last edited:

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Yes the PSU is included and so are the PSU cables,
The riser is purchased separetely from same link. it is quality ADT riser.

Regarding nano, I believe so, it supports max 21cm length

Reactions: cptwhite

mindad

Chassis Packer
Dec 22, 2019
It's a nice compact case, I like it!

As far as the PSU, I followed the link and found a pic of the PSU with a label.

It's a Rackable Systems 3F27-45-1 450w. According to Wikipedia, turns out Rackable Systems is the company that bought Silicon Graphics in 2009 and changed their name to Silicon Graphics International, which was then bought by HP in 2016.

So my guess is, any of these PSUs floating around that have Rackable Systems labels are from 2009 and prior, and are all used, or new old stock (found a few on eBay and Google; cheapest one I found was $89).

They look perfect for SFF use, though!

Last edited:

cptwhite

Cable Smoosher
Dec 22, 2019
I've tried to order it through Superbuy.com , incredibly confusing. Think the order went through, but I'd not submitted my shipping address, went into Account info and added a default address after pruchasing, but not sure if I can apply it to my order. Any idea how much international shipping is see4, and how long it took to arrive (also where you're based for reference, since I'm in the UK)

Also, what cables do you get with it?

Last edited:

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
As far as reaching my country it was faster than i thought, few days to get to bhiner, then another week to reach our customs
I had to reach out to our customs to get it released took another week.
As far as costs:
I went with bhiner as a proxy, it wasn't cheap, about 48$ shipping and handling, the total cost for the case + riser + PSU was about 83$, so all in all cost me about 130$.

As far as PSU cables go
1 X 24 pin
1 X 8 pin for mobo (can be split into 2x4pin)
1 X 8 pin for GPU
2 X Separate source sata power cables which i re-purposed one of them to be used as second 8 pin connector for the GPU

I'm from the middle east BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: cptwhite

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
It's a Rackable Systems 3F27-45-1 450w. According to Wikipedia, turns out Rackable Systems is the company that bought Silicon Graphics in 2009 and changed their name to Silicon Graphics International, which was then bought by HP in 2016.

So my guess is, any of these PSUs floating around that have Rackable Systems labels are from 2009 and prior, and are all used, or new old stock (found a few on eBay and Google; cheapest one I found was $89).

They look perfect for SFF use, though!

Great catch!

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
This is a really nice case! Would there be enough width to put a 2.5" HDD at the front? Seems like it might work...

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
This is a really nice case! Would there be enough width to put a 2.5" HDD at the front? Seems like it might work...

It does allow for at least two in the front, not sure if there are mounts though, you would have to macgyver it. I think the seller has mentioned something about it in the post

Last edited:

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
Yeah no problem to do some mods... need to see about ordering one, it's already hard to see what their different packages are...

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Also, 220x210x110mm is 5.08L but still quite Impressive! And all at ~140 or less shipped
You are correct, the original post had it for 220x180x110, I just measured mine it is 220x210x110

Quite, the included fan is
Delta ASB0412LC, and it has 4pins connection so even if it becomes lowd at some point it is easy upgrade to Noctua for example.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

see4

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019