Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I bought my M2427 Platinum back in December, and haven't had a chance to use it yet. I figured stock issues would arise and wanted to make sure I had one when the time came to use it. I just read back through this entire thread to catch up on any issues I may encounter, and I have some questions:

Note, the PLAT version will have a single pin that needs to be inserted into the GPU power connector.

I'm assuming ^ is the answer to the question on the left? If so, I would like some clarification as to why I need to do this, and how exactly this needs to be done. I know when I know something, and when I don't... and this kind of stuff falls into the "I don't know" category.

I looked very closely at the potential solder drip, and couldn't really tell if it was part of the PCB or not, but thought it was worth asking due to my lack of knowledge on this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance. :)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@Brude27 I can't comment on the solder but that extra pin goes into the GPU socket on the back of the GPU power cable in the PSU. There's a piece of paper included in the box that tells you where it goes. It's an additional 12v line or standby or something like that.

Happypop

Efficiency Noob
Sep 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience. I ordered the M2427 regular for my corsair gold and so far i am very happy with it. I live in Canada and I mentioned on my order that i wanted to have it shipped with UPSP. Which he did and as a result I did not pay any tax at customs which is pretty sweet :)

I have been playing FFXV with it and I have no issue so far. I am currently using the L7Z case and to be able to remove that 24 cable to a much smaller one is a breathe! I think i even gain in cooling temperature (less air restriction).

Thank you thehack such a neat product!

Reactions: Thehack

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@Brude27 I can't comment on the solder but that extra pin goes into the GPU socket on the back of the GPU power cable in the PSU. There's a piece of paper included in the box that tells you where it goes. It's an additional 12v line or standby or something like that.
Yeah, I saw the sticker on the bag everything came in after I posted this, but that still doesn't answer the why/how that is done. Should I crimp a terminal to the loose wire, or just cram it in the socket and hope for the best? It just seems... questionable to say the least lol.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Yeah, I saw the sticker on the bag everything came in after I posted this, but that still doesn't answer the why/how that is done. Should I crimp a terminal to the loose wire, or just cram it in the socket and hope for the best? It just seems... questionable to say the least lol.

1. Remove the electrical tape.

2. Identify the gpu power connector (the wire harness). Identify the end that connects to the sfx psu. Identify the open pin on the gpu connector. You will see 7 wires on the gpu connector. You will see 1 unplugged connector.

3. Plug the terminal into this open connector. It only goes in one way, with the "ears" on the terminal facing the same direction as the lock tab on the housing. If you can't figure out the orientation, just light press it in. It'll slide in smoothly and make an audible click when it is in right.

4. Concerning the solder it will be fine, as it's not near any component. I have some photos on my computer but it'll be sometime until I can post it.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
1. Remove the electrical tape.

2. Identify the gpu power connector (the wire harness). Identify the end that connects to the sfx psu. Identify the open pin on the gpu connector. You will see 7 wires on the gpu connector. You will see 1 unplugged connector.

3. Plug the terminal into this open connector. It only goes in one way, with the "ears" on the terminal facing the same direction as the lock tab on the housing. If you can't figure out the orientation, just light press it in. It'll slide in smoothly and make an audible click when it is in right.

4. Concerning the solder it will be fine, as it's not near any component. I have some photos on my computer but it'll be sometime until I can post it.
Thanks for the step by step. I'll hopefully get this right when the time comes.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I'm getting closer to entertaining the idea of using my M2427, but I want to make sure the loose wire needs to go where it's supposed to:

Is that the location the loose wire is supposed to go? Does it matter which GPU power cable out of the two I put this cable into? Also, why does this need to be done? I don't know anything about electrical engineering, but needing to do this just doesn't make any sense to me, which is why I've been sitting on my M2427 so long without using it.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm getting closer to entertaining the idea of using my M2427, but I want to make sure the loose wire needs to go where it's supposed to:

Is that the location the loose wire is supposed to go? Does it matter which GPU power cable out of the two I put this cable into? Also, why does this need to be done? I don't know anything about electrical engineering, but needing to do this just doesn't make any sense to me, which is why I've been sitting on my M2427 so long without using it.

The arrow is correct.

Whether you need it or not depends if your psu requires a sense wire. That extra wire checks for voltage drop at load and compensates as necessary.

It's an overkill design but psu business is a very competitive market.

Reactions: Brude27

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I used this in my T1 case (along with shorter 8pin GPU cables), made fitting everything into the case so much easier and neat, really well made.

I ended up using a molex power off the PSU for the pump, I wasn’t sure the hdd power out from the 24 pin daughter board would support 18w max.

galzy

Efficiency Noob
Apr 8, 2019
@Thehack Would using the M2427 allow the MOBO power button to properly control a Meanwell EPP-200-12? i.e. prevent the problems that may be caused by the computer going into sleep mode etc.

galzy

Efficiency Noob
Apr 8, 2019
@Thehack Would using the M2427 allow the MOBO power button to properly control a Meanwell EPP-200-12? i.e. prevent the problems that may be caused by the computer going into sleep mode etc.
Never mind. ONE2 Distro 400 seems to be meant to address this issue, when using a discreet GPU.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I used this in my T1 case (along with shorter 8pin GPU cables), made fitting everything into the case so much easier and neat, really well made.

I ended up using a molex power off the PSU for the pump, I wasn’t sure the hdd power out from the 24 pin daughter board would support 18w max.

Thanks for sharing.

Is the 18w max on the 12v? If so, then it can power it okay. You're good for up to 36W on the 12v.

Reactions: MultiDoc and Goatee

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing.

Is the 18w max on the 12v? If so, then it can power it okay. You're good for up to 36W on the 12v.

Is that 3A @12V from the small connector on the plug in board?

I would love to connect that output to power my Quatro, pump and 2 noctua fans.

Reduce my cable clutter.

Last edited: