Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
Hey all! Just learned about this cool part today. Planning on picking it up for my long delayed Ghost build. Glanced through the thread and saw some talk of a rev2 to address a couple minor issues. Just wondering if the current iteration includes those changes, or if that's an upcoming change? If the latter, any rough ETA?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey all! Just learned about this cool part today. Planning on picking it up for my long delayed Ghost build. Glanced through the thread and saw some talk of a rev2 to address a couple minor issues. Just wondering if the current iteration includes those changes, or if that's an upcoming change? If the latter, any rough ETA?

There is no ETA at this time. I'm still working on a few other things, and Covid19 and life got me really busier than usual lately. Already behind on my main Pure Mk2 project :/

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
I received my platinum unit with the GPU attachment for my 750w. Had some difficulty getting the GPU PSU connector in,

Installed in a sentry MK one, works great so far! very tight fit in terms of length tho, GPU cable was too short to reach the GPU.
Used an 8 pin extension, and needed an extra GPU connector for the remaining 6 pins. Fortunately, it appears you only need one sense line even with two power cables!

The unit has done wonders in my case, I think I might be able to finally plug in my USB cable!

Before and after:
(Note the red cable and the extra PCIe, hopefully, should replace in future)

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I received my platinum unit with the GPU attachment for my 750w. Had some difficulty getting the GPU PSU connector in,

Installed in a sentry MK one, works great so far! very tight fit in terms of length tho, GPU cable was too short to reach the GPU.
Used an 8 pin extension, and needed an extra GPU connector for the remaining 6 pins. Fortunately, it appears you only need one sense line even with two power cables!

The unit has done wonders in my case, I think I might be able to finally plug in my USB cable!

Before and after:
(Note the red cable and the extra PCIe, hopefully, should replace in future)

Very nice.

The Sentry is one of the harder ones to fit, because the offset of the PSU is much more than others. And you have a short GPU, so that why the 250 mm GPU is too short.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
Very nice.

The Sentry is one of the harder ones to fit, because the offset of the PSU is much more than others. And you have a short GPU, so that why the 250 mm GPU is too short.
ah, the sentry is finicky one, was I right about the sense wire or do I need to be concerned?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That's one less PSU cable for the single molex I was using it for!

Awesome!
Working on this right now! ;)

You only need to recrimp the 4 sata wires to a molex connector. It's working perfectly with my QUADRO with 2 fans.

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I just watched the M2427 installation video on the J-Hack site with the automatically generated subtitles. This is highly recommended. Not very informative, but man, what a laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: Aluminyum

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I just watched the M2427 installation video on the J-Hack site with the automatically generated subtitles. This is highly recommended. Not very informative, but man, what a laugh!
I know, that part is supposed to be about the eunuch, but I keep hearing "install your f*cking unit" for some reason...

• Haha
Reactions: Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Haha. It's my subconscious speaking out.

I work in field repairs and maintenance... Let's just say we're not very good at office speak.
While I haven't listened to the audio, I would blame the """AI""" (ugh, I hate that term) before you. Speech recognition is still mostly garbage.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I will make an official post in a couple weeks.
This might be a lot to ask for, but will there (ever?) be an option for a DIY version (slightly longer wires, BYO crimp connectors and plug housing) or versions for other PSU series? I don't have any particular needs yet, but I'll be moving to an SFX PSU this year (still don't know the brand or model) and will likely want to get one of these, but I mostly (to the detriment of my sanity and free time) prefer some degree of freedom in how things are assembled.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This might be a lot to ask for, but will there (ever?) be an option for a DIY version (slightly longer wires, BYO crimp connectors and plug housing) or versions for other PSU series? I don't have any particular needs yet, but I'll be moving to an SFX PSU this year (still don't know the brand or model) and will likely want to get one of these, but I mostly (to the detriment of my sanity and free time) prefer some degree of freedom in how things are assembled.

Yes.

Reactions: Valantar