Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hi Jack. Thank you so much, I received my order today. Everything looks great, I'll try swapping cables this weekend. I'm currently just running a boot M.2 on my A4 but I'll get an SSD later for extra storage and I use the cable. I had not noticed the kit included the SATA cable with white wires that connects to the mini board, I also ordered the black short dual cable. Is there any difference or benefit of one over the other?

I was also going to ask you about the loose cable to plug into the GPU but I think I got it reading the other comment above. I'm running two 8 pins for GPU 2080 so I guess the closest connector below it should do.

Thanks again.

The only benefit is if you need longer reach or you prefer having fewer cables coming out of the psu.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Anyone here using the mini sata connector?

Late to the party, but i missed this question, and for my part I really dont have a need for it. But I guess it is nice you include it for others if they may need it.

Edit: [deleted] just opened it and understand now. Had a blank moment but this is an awesome device bro!

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Late to the party, but i missed this question, and for my part I really dont have a need for it. But I guess it is nice you include it for others if they may need it.

Edit: [deleted] just opened it and understand now. Had a blank moment but this is an awesome device bro!

Thanks! Makes cable management a breeze right?

Reactions: galzy and loader963

Pokepunch

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 22, 2019
Just got mine a few days ago after a small customs charge and Royal Mail deciding not to use the doorbell.
The unit is great and really cleans up the cable management! I found that the CPU 8 pin connector was a tight fit and took a lot more force to plug in than I expected. Other than that it's working without a hitch.

One question, is it possible to disable the led? It's pretty bright and clashes with my colours.

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just got mine a few days ago after a small customs charge and Royal Mail deciding not to use the doorbell.
The unit is great and really cleans up the cable management! I found that the CPU 8 pin connector was a tight fit and took a lot more force to plug in than I expected. Other than that it's working without a hitch.

One question, is it possible to disable the led? It's pretty bright and clashes with my colours.

Yes. Place a small piece of electrical tape to cover it. :D

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
Finally got the cables, really excited to try them out for my sentry tonight. Pics will come soon ?

After trying it out, NONE of the cables fit. All of them were too short, which was disappointing to say the least. The 24-pin ATX cable was too short, and while the CPU cables technically could fit, the cables directly go over the fan which is impossible as I am using a fan shroud. Guess I’ll be back with my original corsair cables. The PCIe cables I also tried (not in pic though) and it was too short, as it couldn’t even reach both slots in the PSU or GPU.

Here are the pics

For people considering using the cables for a Sentry, make sure your MoBo’s alignment fits (as in your CPU and power slot must be very upper-northwest, or it won’t fit).

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
After trying it out, NONE of the cables fit. All of them were too short, which was disappointing to say the least. The 24-pin ATX cable was too short, and while the CPU cables technically could fit, the cables directly go over the fan which is impossible as I am using a fan shroud. Guess I’ll be back with my original corsair cables. The PCIe cables I also tried (not in pic though) and it was too short, as it couldn’t even reach both slots in the PSU or GPU.

Here are the pics

For people considering using the cables for a Sentry, make sure your MoBo’s alignment fits (as in your CPU and power slot must be very upper-northwest, or it won’t fit).

I got your email btw.

It seems that this setup is like the perfect storm for nothing to fit. The Sentry offset for the PSU is more than most cases, and the Gigabyte Mobo has the farthest placed 24pin header I've seen. Most boards are closer to the middle.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I got your email btw.

It seems that this setup is like the perfect storm for nothing to fit. The Sentry offset for the PSU is more than most cases, and the Gigabyte Mobo has the farthest placed 24pin header I've seen. Most boards are closer to the middle.

Btw, please see your package for the set of 4 screws for your fan shroud. If for some reason you've lost it or it didn't come with any, let me know and I'll send you a new pack after vacation is over.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Here are the pics

Is that the AsRock B450 or X470 board? The X570 or Z390 boards they have look like the ATX power connector is closer to the middle.

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
I got your email btw.

Yeah lol everything went wrong with it. But I’m definitely saving the cables though for a future build, maybe in an SM560 or a Dancase, we’ll see.

Is that the AsRock B450 or X470 board? The X570 or Z390 boards they have look like the ATX power connector is closer to the middle.

It’s the AsRock B450 itx board. I still think the ATX power connector still needs to be near the upper right corner, or it won’t fit.

rifter

Caliper Novice
Oct 26, 2017
How long after the holidays will there be new stock for the M2427 for SF “Platinum” Series? I couldn't find a stock notification system on the website. Thanks~

EDIT: On second thought, I'll just modify the gold version myself. I have to justify previously purchasing a crimping tool ?

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Updated stock for PLATs.
About to order one, but wanted to ask, the custom cable lengths you have with it that go from the PSU, are those lengths measured to a particular case? Are they sleeved or unsleeved? What do they look like?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
About to order one, but wanted to ask, the custom cable lengths you have with it that go from the PSU, are those lengths measured to a particular case? Are they sleeved or unsleeved? What do they look like?

They are lengths design to fit Ncase and sandwich cases. I recommend getting the gpu ones. The cpu you should check the length you need, because there more locations for them. Use a string or something.

If you click on the picture of the cables when you are selecting them, you can see what they look like.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
They are lengths design to fit Ncase and sandwich cases. I recommend getting the gpu ones. The cpu you should check the length you need, because there more locations for them. Use a string or something.

If you click on the picture of the cables when you are selecting them, you can see what they look like.
Ah I didn't realize a picture showed up. I just ordered all of them hopefully they will work. I don't have the case yet to measure so hoping for the best!