Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
LINK TO PRODUCT PAGE

Project 2427 (24-to-7) is a special 24 dc-atx board designed to reduce your wiring needs to just 7 pins. If you include the 6 pin SATA wiring, that is a total reduction of 23 wires (from the SFX PSU).

It will be designed for compatibility with corsair SF-series.

As always, miniaturize at your own risk.

PIC1 PIC2 PIC3

Last edited:

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2017
that's a great idea, i've always wondered if we can get rid of those horrible 24pin connector.

i know that there's a lot of wire for power purpose, but is it possible to maybe get them smaller?

i mean, this connector is designed for both 300w psu and 1200w psu system.

how much current draw can a nice itx motherboard draw? from that we might solder some wire....

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
that's a great idea, i've always wondered if we can get rid of those horrible 24pin connector.

i know that there's a lot of wire for power purpose, but is it possible to maybe get them smaller?

i mean, this connector is designed for both 300w psu and 1200w psu system.

how much current draw can a nice itx motherboard draw? from that we might solder some wire....

Nowadays the main power comes through the cpu connector, and not the 24 pin one.

dfrgu

Trash Compacter
Mar 11, 2019
Just curious, what are the five pins you are going to use? Server boards have done this before and they are able to do it with only four pins: 5VStby, power on, power good, and ground signal. Would it possible to use only these four pins on retail motherboards as well?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just curious, what are the five pins you are going to use? Server boards have done this before and they are able to do it with only four pins: 5VStby, power on, power good, and ground signal. Would it possible to use only these four pins on retail motherboards as well?

Add 12v to it and you got it. A working prototype is on the way but unfortunately I'll be out of town for 3 weeks so it'll be some time.