Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

Brian

Caliper Novice
Feb 5, 2016
Hey @Thehack, I'm a newbie in the SFF scene and I recently just learned about your work.

I finally got the parts for my first SFF (A4 v2, Strix B450i, 3700x, Blackridge, FlareX16GB, EVGA 2080TI Black, Corsair SFX 750 Platinum) and was wondering if the 2427 Kit would support the 750 as I only see you mention the 450 and 600.

I was only aware of pslatecustoms but they are always sold out, but I see you got 2 in stock now. I'd be getting the cpu, 2 gpu and 1 sata port.

Thanks.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey @Thehack, I'm a newbie in the SFF scene and I recently just learned about your work.

I finally got the parts for my first SFF (A4 v2, Strix B450i, 3700x, Blackridge, FlareX16GB, EVGA 2080TI Black, Corsair SFX 750 Platinum) and was wondering if the 2427 Kit would support the 750 as I only see you mention the 450 and 600.

I was only aware of pslatecustoms but they are always sold out, but I see you got 2 in stock now. I'd be getting the cpu, 2 gpu and 1 sata port.

Thanks.

Welcome! No difference, if you have a Corsair PLAT be sure to pick up the PLAT version.

Reactions: Brian

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
This thing is so cool, I'm really glad it seems like it's going well. Earlier in the thread you mentioned a lot of Youtubers and stuff might not be interested - consider reaching out to OptimumTech. He does great SFF builds and does his own custom sleeved cabling and such, so he's familiar with PSU recabling and all that jazz. He might find this interesting for the Dan A4, and he might be able to do benchmarking between an A4 with standard cables and the A4+M2427 to see if the decreased cable clutter improves thermals!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This thing is so cool, I'm really glad it seems like it's going well. Earlier in the thread you mentioned a lot of Youtubers and stuff might not be interested - consider reaching out to OptimumTech. He does great SFF builds and does his own custom sleeved cabling and such, so he's familiar with PSU recabling and all that jazz. He might find this interesting for the Dan A4, and he might be able to do benchmarking between an A4 with standard cables and the A4+M2427 to see if the decreased cable clutter improves thermals!

I've emailed him but never heard back unfortunately.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@Thehack I feel like you could send him a case of yours (preferably the Pure XL b/c why not try to work my own agenda with this idea?!), and include the M2427 to try out while he tests your case. I'd be surprised if this wasn't the approach you went with, but I figured it was worth trying.

I tweeted this idea at him a while back, and I'm sure if he gets enough community requests, he'd go for it! He loved the LZ7 aside from the acrylic panels for the cost, so there's no reason he wouldn't love the Pure XL.

Brian

Caliper Novice
Feb 5, 2016
Welcome! No difference, if you have a Corsair PLAT be sure to pick up the PLAT version.

Thank you for the response. Couldn't get it on time by the time I read your answer and is out of stock. Any ideas when I can expect you to have it back on stock?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Thank you for the response. Couldn't get it on time by the time I read your answer and is out of stock. Any ideas when I can expect you to have it back on stock?

I am out of town for a week or so, so around December 1st I'll update the stock for ordering.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hi J-Hack,
I had a couple of quick questions, as I just bought a SF750 on Cyber Monday:
How much power (wattage) does the SATA connector on the M2427 board provide? If I used a SATA->Molex adapter, would I have any issues (for D5 pump power, for example)?
Does the Platinum version still consume a separate GPU slot or are you double-crimping the required connector as some earlier in the thread have done?
Odd question, but would the M2427 work with a standard ATX power extension cord? Cord would go in between the board and the motherboard.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hi J-Hack,
I had a couple of quick questions, as I just bought a SF750 on Cyber Monday:
How much power (wattage) does the SATA connector on the M2427 board provide? If I used a SATA->Molex adapter, would I have any issues (for D5 pump power, for example)?
Does the Platinum version still consume a separate GPU slot or are you double-crimping the required connector as some earlier in the thread have done?
Odd question, but would the M2427 work with a standard ATX power extension cord? Cord would go in between the board and the motherboard.

I got you:

1. It provides 3A. Enough to power 2 sata devices. If you need to a pump, I recommend going straight from the PSU instead. I also sell short 6 pin to sata if you need one to reduce the wire mess.

2. It doesn't "consume" a gpu slot. All corsair gpu connector has an open pin. You can check your gpu power connector to see it. This open pin then gets populated, but the gpu connector is normally.

3. Yes it works with standard extensions.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
2. It doesn't "consume" a gpu slot. All corsair gpu connector has an open pin. You can check your gpu power connector to see it. This open pin then gets populated, but the gpu connector is normally.
Unfortunately I don't have it yet but I'll take a look at it when I receive it. Do you mean that there's an empty pin on the back of the MiniFit connector I just plug it into?
With the SF750 I suppose I really don't need to worry about running out of PCIe Power Connectors since it has 4 (I think) to split between EPS and PCIe. Just trying to plan ahead.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Unfortunately I don't have it yet but I'll take a look at it when I receive it. Do you mean that there's an empty pin on the back of the MiniFit connector I just plug it into?
With the SF750 I suppose I really don't need to worry about running out of PCIe Power Connectors since it has 4 (I think) to split between EPS and PCIe. Just trying to plan ahead.

Yeah. There's an empty pin.

Antioch

Trash Compacter
Oct 15, 2019
I successfully rewired and repinned mine for my Seasonic Flex ATX PSU. It works well. Unfortunately the +12V/GND wires are a real PITA to remove from the PCB to replace with different ones so I had to splice them. Kinda sad about that. Would like to see improvement on that in v2.

I don't use the SATA connector due to the way my machine is laid out. Surely it doesn't affect the BOM that much to leave in?

Brian

Caliper Novice
Feb 5, 2016
Hey guys,

Just got back and sending out a couple units soon.

Some feedback request.

Have you guys found the additional mini sata power connector useful?

Hi Jack. Thank you so much, I received my order today. Everything looks great, I'll try swapping cables this weekend. I'm currently just running a boot M.2 on my A4 but I'll get an SSD later for extra storage and I use the cable. I had not noticed the kit included the SATA cable with white wires that connects to the mini board, I also ordered the black short dual cable. Is there any difference or benefit of one over the other?

I was also going to ask you about the loose cable to plug into the GPU but I think I got it reading the other comment above. I'm running two 8 pins for GPU 2080 so I guess the closest connector below it should do.

Thanks again.