Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

devinkato

Average Stuffer
Oct 17, 2016
@Thehack Any thought on making a version for the newly released Seasonic SFX PSUs? More reasonable in price than the Corsairs (inflated for some reason). Would be happy to buy a donor unit or conduct any testing. I have a multimeter, good soldering skills, a desoldering gun, and crimping skills too.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Thehack one question: I can still using an extra SATA cable directly connected to the PSU together with your m2427 plug and SATA?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Im using the plug from the PSU im not sure if the plug from m2427 can handle my aquacomputer 6LT and a D5 Pump

You can use it power just the D5 but not both. It is designed for sata devices.

@Thehack one question: I can still using an extra SATA cable directly connected to the PSU together with your m2427 plug and SATA?

Yes you can use both at the same time. Just don't marry them for some reason.

Reactions: fabio

Antioch

Trash Compacter
Oct 15, 2019
@Thehack Any thought on making a version for the newly released Seasonic SFX PSUs? More reasonable in price than the Corsairs (inflated for some reason). Would be happy to buy a donor unit or conduct any testing. I have a multimeter, good soldering skills, a desoldering gun, and crimping skills too.

Share model name/numbers, please?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Rev2 will support more power supply, that is for sure.

I'll be looking for beta testers when the time comes.

The idea behind M2427 is just getting traction so I hope for its success. If more people buy and share their experiences, it supports further R&D and new revisions.

@fabio thank you for the feedback! Since fabio has also done some load testing, it seems the platinum wiring is working as expected.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If any of you guys are handy with pin outs and a depin tool, it's possible to rewire your psu.

They use similar 18 + 10 pin setup, but differs from corsair pinout.

The design is universal, but due to sku constraints I could only make one batch for the most popular option.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
If any of you guys are handy with pin outs and a depin tool, it's possible to rewire your psu.

They use similar 18 + 10 pin setup, but differs from corsair pinout.

The design is universal, but due to sku constraints I could only make one batch for the most popular option.

From my point of view, getting the terminals out of the connectors is the most hazardous part to say the least.
The depin tool, if you are talking of the one below, is not helpful at all, at least for me. I actually broke one even being as careful as possible.

I ended up using staples for the best results. Having placed the connector into a vice also helps, but that is still sometimes difficult to succeed.

Knowing that, maybe you should proposed a M2427 version where the 7 pins are not inserted in the 18+10 connectors yet. Delivered with the pinouts of the most well-known PSUs, that will let people construct it as desired for their PSU and thus increase the product compatibility.

That implies however more user interaction which could lead to potential electrical danger...

What do you think?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Rev2 will support more power supply, that is for sure.

I'll be looking for beta testers when the time comes.

The idea behind M2427 is just getting traction so I hope for its success. If more people buy and share their experiences, it supports further R&D and new revisions.

@fabio thank you for the feedback! Since fabio has also done some load testing, it seems the platinum wiring is working as expected.

Thanks to you!!

Here another screenshot under FULL LOAD: Rendering with Blender, all core 4.7GHz and Furmark! No problem at all!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
suddenly my 5.1 OC became unstable but im not sure if it is the M2427

5.1 Ghz is on the higher side. It may be just a regular degradation. Let me know if you can confirm it by switching to the stock cable.

On a technical level the M2427 would not affect that, but I can't rule out the possibility.

Last edited:

Aranii

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 16, 2019
Yeah. I'm updating the stock number now. It'll be pretty regularly stock, as I add wiring to upgrade gold to plat version.

Wonderful! Thanks for the update.

Since the plat version requires an extra pin plugged into the gpu power connector, does that mean it would not be compatible with any gpu requiring two PCIe power connectors? I'm specifically wondering if it'd be compatible with a RX 5700 xt, with it's 8 + 6 pin power requirement.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Wonderful! Thanks for the update.

Since the plat version requires an extra pin plugged into the gpu power connector, does that mean it would not be compatible with any gpu requiring two PCIe power connectors? I'm specifically wondering if it'd be compatible with a RX 5700 xt, with it's 8 + 6 pin power requirement.

It doesn't affect GPU choice.

It just has to be plugged into any 12V output, and the GPU one just happens to be most convenient. You don't need to plug into two connectors, just any singular 12V one.

I ship it unplugged, so you can use your own cables, or shorter cables that are available with your order.