Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016

My 2427 is here, but man, what a thieves at customs! I had to pay 24.70€!! cmoooonn
You made me call me wife to check that!
She wasn't at home when delivered but the package was left in the box, which wouldn't have happened if I had to pay some extra.
Fingers crossed until I check it by myself later today!

But I feel you @paulesko, maybe try to show the customs some papers (bank, credit card, ...) of what you paid to Thehack.
It worked for me once, and failed another where they didn't want to hear anything about it...

Apart from that this looks fantastic! I can´t wait for the weekend to try it and see how it works with the platinum PSU and fix it (or brake ot hahha time will tell) Will post updates soon!
Looking forward to your fix or brake lol, as I will have to mod mine for a platinum PSU too.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019

You made me call me wife to check that!
She wasn't at home when delivered but the package was left in the box, which wouldn't have happened if I had to pay some extra.
Fingers crossed until I check it by myself later today!

I wish you luck! haha

But I feel you @paulesko, maybe try to show the customs some papers (bank, credit card, ...) of what you paid to Thehack.
It worked for me once, and failed another where they didn't want to hear anything about it...

Looking forward to your fix or brake lol, as I will have to mod mine for a platinum PSU too.

There is one thing I don´t like at all about this, and it´s the fact that last week I bought a heatsink that came from china: no customs were paid, but every single time I buy something from the united states I have to pay, even for used things, and I don´t see it´s normal.
I don´t know if it´s like that in every country either, but it´s unfair for people like theHack who can not compete in fair conditions against Guryhwa and his gUniqe products, because if I had to buy one of this again (imagine that guryhwa had the same item) I should think that if I buy from China I wont pay any customs almost for sure....

And that´s my rant for today ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I wish you luck! haha

There is one thing I don´t like at all about this, and it´s the fact that last week I bought a heatsink that came from china: no customs were paid, but every single time I buy something from the united states I have to pay, even for used things, and I don´t see it´s normal.
I don´t know if it´s like that in every country either, but it´s unfair for people like theHack who can not compete in fair conditions against Guryhwa and his gUniqe products, because if I had to buy one of this again (imagine that guryhwa had the same item) I should think that if I buy from China I wont pay any customs almost for sure....

And that´s my rant for today ?

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I put a reasonable but low number but it seems your customs officers did not care. *sigh*

In general though it also hurts that the fee is just enough to make you feel the pain but not quite enough to take the time to contest it. Many places adjust the fee as so.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
The postman told me that the best idea with small things is to write a value less than 20 euros, because then, the parcel doesn´t even get into customs. Maybe this is the best idea after all, even if it is a total lie, but it´s a bit frustating to pay at customs almost as much as for the thing itself.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I wish you luck! haha
Confirmed, no customs fee!
Not surprising actually as the price of the M2427 + shipping is under the limit value of 60$ here in Switzerland.

Thanks @Thehack for the nice unit! :D
I was not expecting silver thin wires for the SATA power, first time I see some for real.
If I wanted to make another one with black wires, am I right thinking the 5 pin connecor is an JST XHP-5?
Too bad these connectors seem to be only availble in white...

Waiting quietly now for the instructions to mod it properly for a Platinum PSU.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Im happy for you! It should be like this for these small and cheapish things. Yesterday with all the ranting about the customs I didn't say nothing about the data cables, I wasn't expecting them either, but I happen to like them, and are so tiny! Nice detail, thank you.

I have a question, I was sitting here at work with a Friday mood (not feeling like working) and looking at the 2427 closely I've found this (pic) Is that ok? Or is it a bad solder?

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Im happy for you!
Thanx!

I have a question, I was sitting here at work with a Friday mood (not feeling like working) and looking at the 2427 closely I've found this (pic) Is that ok? Or is it a bad solder?
Good catch! It looks indeed like a bad solder, as if a ball of tin has fallen there accidentally.
I will check how it is on mine tonight if @Thehack does not confirm it in the meantime.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Im happy for you! It should be like this for these small and cheapish things. Yesterday with all the ranting about the customs I didn't say nothing about the data cables, I wasn't expecting them either, but I happen to like them, and are so tiny! Nice detail, thank you.

Yes that seems to be dropped solder. I'll PM for the details.

Reactions: paulesko

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
@Thehack has offered to send a new one, but given I´m quite far and this is fixable, I will try to fix it, and if I don´t succeed I´ll ask him for another one.

Just saying it here, because too many times when things go wrong we go and write it down in every forum, but when things are done properly noone says a word. So kudos to TheHack here, he is a responsible seller

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
My 2427 is here, but man, what a thieves at customs! I had to pay 24.70€!! cmoooonn

@Thehack kindly said it was worth 30 dollars in the documentation, but apparently in customs they oppened it and somehow determined that this is worth 98.80 € and I have to pay 24.70... thieves!

Apart from that this looks fantastic! I can´t wait for the weekend to try it and see how it works with the platinum PSU and fix it (or brake ot hahha time will tell) Will post updates soon!
Looks like mine got caught up by customs too. I think my cost is just 32 euros though, a little bit more reasonable..!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just tested it with my SF450. No issues there.

Unfortunately, I ran out of crimp terminals to make them, so there will only be a stock of 2 plat compatible.

Reactions: BaK

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
-_-

What is going? This is the first time I've heard of such high customs.
Just looked at the receipt. Bpost (the national post service here in Belgium) charged me a fee of 20 euros, on top of the 12 euros of taxes, for the generous service they provided me - it's a bit of scam really..

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
@Thehack has offered to send a new one, but given I´m quite far and this is fixable, I will try to fix it, and if I don´t succeed I´ll ask him for another one.

Just saying it here, because too many times when things go wrong we go and write it down in every forum, but when things are done properly noone says a word. So kudos to TheHack here, he is a responsible seller
Same here, Thehack proposed to send me additional wires for the platinum mod. But as we discussed it just after my package was sent, I also decided to do it by myself. I just ordered 18AWG black wires for that!

Good luck with the tin fix, small components to work with on the PCB!
My unit looks good on that aspect btw.

I was not expecting silver thin wires for the SATA power, first time I see some for real.
If I wanted to make another one with black wires, am I right thinking the 5 pin connecor is an JST XHP-5?
Too bad these connectors seem to be only availble in white...
@Thehack, is it an JST XHP-5 connector?

Just tested it with my SF450. No issues there.
Thanks for confirming an M2427 platinum modded works also on other PSUs!

Please see below for the wiring guide. You can use any of the matching colors for the pinout, but this is the baseline guide.
Great!

I just find the point 1) a little disturbing as it implies having the GPU cables attached to the M2427 because of the 12V wire.

I know that means having a double wire, but @Thehack can you please confirm the following also works?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Same here, Thehack proposed to send me additional wires for the platinum mod. But as we discussed it just after my package was sent, I also decided to do it by myself. I just ordered 18AWG black wires for that!

Good luck with the tin fix, small components to work with on the PCB!
My unit looks good on that aspect btw.

@Thehack, is it an JST XHP-5 connector?

Thanks for confirming an M2427 platinum modded works also on other PSUs!

Great!

I just find the point 1) a little disturbing as it implies having the GPU cables attached to the M2427 because of the 12V wire.

I know that means having a double wire, but @Thehack can you please confirm the following also works?

1. The addition wire is JST EH type conector, should you want to make your own. It is 12V 12V GND GND 5V, I forget the order but the pinout should look like that. You can probably decipher from the SATA connector.

2. Yes any 12V line works. The line to the GPU connector is very minimal because it is on the PSU side. If you can make a clean double crimp, then yes that will work. That double wire one you propose is current crimped to the M2427.