Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

Famaku

Cable Smoosher
Sep 23, 2020
Now that the M2426 is available, is there any reason to get a M2427? Also, what cable was dropped (going from 7 to 6) and why was this possible? Is there any ETA on when the Corsair SF Platinum version of the ATX to M2426 adapter cable will be back in stock? Also, the photo on the website appears to show the M2427 instead of M2426.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Thehack MAGIC! I'm loving it!

Finally able to install the M.2426 in to the build today. What's the best cable management? To have NO cable at all ?

And here is the entire gallery

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Yes but CPU cable to M2426 will be too long.
I have my PSU flipped at the moment, but I will have to wait for my GPU to arrive so that I can see if temps won't be affected too much blowing warmer air into the fans of the radiator.
Otherwise I will have to flip it back in normal position and that would result in shorter desired cable lenghts.
So it's too early for me to order.
And I'm willing to wait and see if you produce all black boards in the future so they won't be noticeable.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Yes but CPU cable to M2426 will be too long.
I have my PSU flipped at the moment, but I will have to wait for my GPU to arrive so that I can see if temps won't be affected too much blowing warmer air into the fans of the radiator.
Otherwise I will have to flip it back in normal position and that would result in shorter desired cable lenghts.
So it's too early for me to order.
And I'm willing to wait and see if you produce all black boards in the future so they won't be noticeable.

CPU Cable? If you mean the adapter cable, 180 mm is really short, and the fact that is so few cables mean you can easily tuck it anywhere.

The pictured board is actually the "back" and the front is all black. Regardless, the connectors are not available in black. Nothing a sharpie can't fix.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Sweet post!

I think I'll order a FORMD T1 for development purposes. We'll see come friday.

If you plan to get a T1, do you fancy making a PSU side plug in PCB board to help with cable management and allow thicker radiators / better air flow under the PSU side?

I'm thinking a PCB that plugs into the PSU and allows you to plug your cables in the space behind the PSU?

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Will this work with a Corsair SFX 750 PSU? Aiming for a 3080 in a FormD T1 case using the Strix 570 itx motherboard. Or is it limited to a 450 PSU?
Thanks,
John

@Thehack a redditor annotates my picture, thought it would be a pretty good 101 intro to the M.2426 for total beginners. let me know if there's anything incorrect / should be further clarified and I can ask the guy to update it!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If you plan to get a T1, do you fancy making a PSU side plug in PCB board to help with cable management and allow thicker radiators / better air flow under the PSU side?

I'm thinking a PCB that plugs into the PSU and allows you to plug your cables in the space behind the PSU?

So, it is something I've thought about it already, but there's a few problems.

1. Sourcing the correct pcb receptacles. The official molex ones have pegs that won't fit the layout.

2. Is it actually smaller? Remember, you still have the housing, and then you have the PCB, and then you have the solder joints. If the space saved vs fewer or tighter cables, will it make a difference?

3. If you have wires, air can still go around the wires. If you have a whole PCB, you're going to block the airflow, especially in between the PSU and the GPU.

Now consider this... what if you're a crazy guy, and you get 2 RPS-400-12-C. That's 800W max power, and now the PSU height is only 90 mm tall. HMMM. Time to get mad scientist? See you in December when I get my FormD T1 sample!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Now consider this... what if you're a crazy guy, and you get 2 RPS-400-12-C. That's 800W max power, and now the PSU height is only 90 mm tall. HMMM. Time to get mad scientist? See you in December when I get my FormD T1 sample!
wake me up when December ends!

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Where is it perpetuating that it is limited to certain wattage?!

It'll work yes.

Excellent. Thanks. Will order one for my build in December then. I think I saw an early post where it was working with a very compact PSU, which was about 400 . So wasn't sure. I was still trying to get my head around how it all worked...

Reactions: Gerold

solarnoise

Efficiency Noob
Oct 1, 2020
Now that the M2426 is available, is there any reason to get a M2427? Also, what cable was dropped (going from 7 to 6) and why was this possible? Is there any ETA on when the Corsair SF Platinum version of the ATX to M2426 adapter cable will be back in stock? Also, the photo on the website appears to show the M2427 instead of M2426.

I was wondering this as well and would really like to see a reply, @Thehack . Thank you!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I was wondering this as well and would really like to see a reply, @Thehack . Thank you!

So updates on this.

1. I dropped PWR_OK. This is because the timing of PWR_OK and the rest of the circuit doesn't change the operation.
2. Wide availability of M2426 will be in late OCT thru NOV time frame, so the website will be updated then. It is still in "early adopter" mode, but seems that r/formd took a liking to it.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
So updates on this.

1. I dropped PWR_OK. This is because the timing of PWR_OK and the rest of the circuit doesn't change the operation.
2. Wide availability of M2426 will be in late OCT thru NOV time frame, so the website will be updated then. It is still in "early adopter" mode, but seems that r/formd took a liking to it.

It's not our fault, @Wahaha360 put out a great case which is in demand, blame him :)