Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I really need to get my hands on one of these when I get around to upgrading and moving my main system to an CM NR200. I haven't yet decided on which SFX PSU I'll be getting, will there be an option to buy an unterminated (PSU side) cable harness for DIY wiring to various PSUs?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I really need to get my hands on one of these when I get around to upgrading and moving my main system to an CM NR200. I haven't yet decided on which SFX PSU I'll be getting, will there be an option to buy an unterminated (PSU side) cable harness for DIY wiring to various PSUs?

It varies by psu.

But there will be a kit later down the road.

What do you think should be included?

andornaut

Chassis Packer
Feb 24, 2017
@Thehack : Does the M2426 resolve the issue present on the M2427 (discussed in the other's thread) where when the BIOS is configured to "power on when power is restored after a power-loss", any shutdown would cause the computer to restart instead of power off?

You mentioned that you may address this in a new version of the M2427, and I wondered if maybe the M2426 was it.

Not a big deal, but enough for me to want to buy an M2426 to upgrade my M2427 if that was the case.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack : Does the M2426 resolve the issue present on the M2427 (discussed in the other's thread) where when the BIOS is configured to "power on when power is restored after a power-loss", any shutdown would cause the computer to restart instead of power off?

You mentioned that you may address this in a new version of the M2427, and I wondered if maybe the M2426 was it.

Not a big deal, but enough for me to want to buy an M2426 to upgrade my M2427 if that was the case.

The issue should be fixed at this time, but I don't have the same setup to verify it. If you're in the states, you can order it and use the return window.

Reactions: andornaut

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
When do you think that this will be available for purchase? I'd like one for my FormD T1. Planning to use a Corsair 750W Platinum PSU.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I had some extra time today, so a couple are available. The wire assembly are hand made by me so stock is limited based on how much time I have to assemble them.

There is very little media, so I hope you understand. This is more for early adopters. The product page will improve further down the line.

Thank you for all your patience.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
It varies by psu.

But there will be a kit later down the road.

What do you think should be included?
I'd personally be interested in an option where you offer the same add-on cable selections but just send the terminals and housings, and I can wire it myself.
I am planning to do custom wiring for my next build to cut down on the rats nest, and it's a bit of a waste of both our time for you to make cables only for me to dismantle and redo them; at the same time it is more convenient to not have to source the connectors separately.

Hey, just a heads up: I don't see that page linked anywhere on your site, but this one is

Not sure if it's an error or an intentional omission.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'd personally be interested in an option where you offer the same add-on cable selections but just send the terminals and housings, and I can wire it myself.
I am planning to do custom wiring for my next build to cut down on the rats nest, and it's a bit of a waste of both our time for you to make cables only for me to dismantle and redo them; at the same time it is more convenient to not have to source the connectors separately.

Hey, just a heads up: I don't see that page linked anywhere on your site, but this one is

Not sure if it's an error or an intentional omission.

Ah, I think it is a matter of being a private link for now. Ill go ahead and make it searchable. I won't link it on the homepage until all the photos are ready.

Concerning terminals, would mini fit jr be required? Many people have it already, at least I think so.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
The wire and the mini fit jr terminals can probably be omitted since most places you get wiring and sleeving supplies to do PCIe (and possibly SATA cables) sell those, and plenty of people probably already have a pile of left-over terminals already (though, I'm not one of those people). Most of the housings are a similar story. What I'd say to absolutely include is the 4pin mini fit jr housings and the JST housing and terminals since those would have to be bought separately from somewhere else like Mouser as they aren't commonly used and carried by most places as far as I have seen.

That said, having everything needed in the package is still convenient.

For my own use-case, the build I have planned was a Ryzen 5 on a B550 motherboard in a Sentry, and I am probably going to reuse my Silverstone SFX PSU and 1070. That puts me at needing two each of a 24-pin, 8-pin PCIe and 8-pin EPS housing along with fresh terminals and more wire. Getting my hands on one of these would save me a bit on the wiring hellscape that happens between the motherboard and PSU in console cases. As I mentioned the usual suspects for those parts sell everything I need except the JST connector and the 4 pin minifit jr.

andornaut

Chassis Packer
Feb 24, 2017
What I'd say to absolutely include is the 4pin mini fit jr housings and the JST housing and terminals since those would have to be bought separately from somewhere else like Mouser as they aren't commonly used and carried by most places as far as I have seen.

This was my thought as well. Otherwise, I'd probably just purchase kits including the wires, then de-pin the PCIe and PSU connectors, cut the wires, crimp new terminals, and then re-pin the connectors.

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Yeah. Looks like a good fit. You can likely run it full passive even.

Which PSU adapter variant ought I selected, if I'm going to be pairing it with an RPS-400-12? Can I assume that it doesn't matter (bar price difference) as I'll only be cannibalising one end anyway? Also, it seems like the picture that displays for the "CPU Power Connector" is always for the SF series variant, even if the M2426 variant is selected.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Which PSU adapter variant ought I selected, if I'm going to be pairing it with an RPS-400-12? Can I assume that it doesn't matter (bar price difference) as I'll only be cannibalising one end anyway? Also, it seems like the picture that displays for the "CPU Power Connector" is always for the SF series variant, even if the M2426 variant is selected.

For the RPS-400-12, I don't have the full set of connector housing to make them at the time being.

Pictures are not yet available fully, which is why I am only linking it from this thread.

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
For the RPS-400-12, I don't have the full set of connector housing to make them at the time being.

Pictures are not yet available fully, which is why I am only linking it from this thread.

Understood, I'll be patient! :) Also, a big thanks for how quickly you reply to everything, I'm finding you (and most others on this forum) extremely helpful and I'm grateful.