Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Very nice!

Some questions... earlier you mentioned this is fully compatible with RPS power supplies including the remote ON function. Does this mean I would only need the M2426 and one RPS400 hooked up together to make it work and have the RPS400 switched on and off together with my PC? If so, that's awesome!

I'm just curious if the MEANWELLs 5VSB @ 0.6A is powerful enough, let's say if someone left a mobile phone and other USB devices plugged in after the PC was shut down. Could it damage the MEANWELL or something else if the 5VSB is stressed too much? I remember ATX specs recommend something like min. 1.5 to 2A for 5VSB.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Very nice!

Some questions... earlier you mentioned this is fully compatible with RPS power supplies including the remote ON function. Does this mean I would only need the M2426 and one RPS400 hooked up together to make it work and have the RPS400 switched on and off together with my PC? If so, that's awesome!

I'm just curious if the MEANWELLs 5VSB @ 0.6A is powerful enough, let's say if someone left a mobile phone and other USB devices plugged in after the PC was shut down. Could it damage the MEANWELL or something else if the 5VSB is stressed too much? I remember ATX specs recommend something like min. 1.5 to 2A for 5VSB.

1) yes.

2) it would only affect standby charging. Some motherboards can charge devices while off. This feature isn't available for every USB port, usually it is colored yellow for standby charging. I don't know how it would affect the 5vsb rail, may just trip OC and turn it off.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
1) yes.

2) it would only affect standby charging. Some motherboards can charge devices while off. This feature isn't available for every USB port, usually it is colored yellow for standby charging. I don't know how it would affect the 5vsb rail, may just trip OC and turn it off.

Thanks.

Just wondering what would happen worse case. Because I'm not sure the Meanwell's 5VSB has OC protection. Maybe I'll test tomorrow with one of mine. :)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
  • Good news: the MEANWELL 5VSB does have OC protection and shuts down when stressed too much (about 1.2A).
  • Bad news: I fried the PWRON function on my MEANWELL because the PIN description in the manual is wrong.

So I guess combining the M2426 together with my MEANWELL to FLEX adapter would make a nice alternative to ENHANCE and FSP FLEX PSUs, right? Just an idea, but why not team up and offer this as a ready to use package to customers? Looking at all the FLEX threads I believe this would sell. How do you think?

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
  • Good news: the MEANWELL 5VSB does have OC protection and shuts down when stressed too much (about 1.5 ~ 1.8A).
  • Bad news: I fried the PWRON function on my MEANWELL because the PIN description in the manual is wrong.

So I guess combining the M2426 together with my MEANWELL to FLEX adapter would make a nice alternative to ENHANCE and FSP FLEX PSUs, right? Just an idea, but why not team up and offer this as a ready to use package to customers? Looking at all the FLEX threads I believe this would sell. How do you think?

It is already compatible with ATX based power supply. It is better to run a custom Enhance 600W + M2426.

I'll probably work on it later in the year. We'll see how it pans out.

Reactions: morj

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
It is already compatible with ATX based power supply. It is better to run a custom Enhance 600W + M2426.

I'll probably work on it later in the year. We'll see how it pans out.

Custom Enhance 600W that is actually available + M2426 for wire de-cluttering would be a dream come true!

Reactions: smitty2k1

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Hold on, Can I BUY this already for my Corsair SF and get shipped with DHL in Denmark? You work is amazing!!

From what I'm seeing it's out of stock ATM

Never mind, I found the M2426 on website...

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
POG. I can't wait. Couple questions. Will the cable be one length or various? Also. could I order multiple lengths along with the boards?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
POG. I can't wait. Couple questions. Will the cable be one length or various? Also. could I order multiple lengths along with the boards?

I can do one off lengths for a small fee. Let me know what you are thinking of.

I would stock a standard cable length, and nonstandard can be made for a fee.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Awesome to see this in action ! This must have been a journey but I'm happy to see you're arriving at the destination !