Production M2426 - Evolution in Cable Management

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Does the K39 have 43 mm of clearance? The RPS 400 is just a bit bigger at 43 mm instead of 41 for flex atx.
This is the gallery that makes me confident enough to give it a go: https://imgur.com/r/sffpc/pGvkQXI There's a clear gap above the Flex, and the cable routing would still work round the shorter RPS-400 I'd expect. Plus, the issue would be the spine first, before the motherboard by the looks of it, so there's another mm or so to shave there if required.

I don't mind being a guinea pig. :)

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
So the new module will be able to supply up to 150W for CPU ? That’s pretty much every desktop cpu available.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So the new module will be able to supply up to 150W for CPU ? That’s pretty much every desktop cpu available.

It will be around 150w for the cpu if you are using the module output. It is a 4 pin eps connector.

You won't have that limit if you using the 8 pin from the psu.

Last edited:
Reactions: MultiDoc

dreadpiratebob

Chassis Packer
Dec 30, 2019
Does the K39 have 43 mm of clearance? The RPS 400 is just a bit bigger at 43 mm instead of 41 for flex atx.
I also just noticed that the RPS-400-12 is 35mm high, with the RPS-400-12-C being 43mm high (as well as a little bit bigger in the other two dimensions than its non-enclosed cousin).

My two K39s arrived today, one red, one black. And I was right ... they *are* both whimpering for an internal fully-12V solution! ;) They'll just have to sit open next to some spare ATX PSUs for the next few months.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I also just noticed that the RPS-400-12 is 35mm high, with the RPS-400-12-C being 43mm high (as well as a little bit bigger in the other two dimensions than its non-enclosed cousin).

Just a note if you should go with the Rps-400 non case version, please be aware that the heatsinks are under high voltage. I had to learn that the hard way a few years back when modding some PSU to fit in my case. ;)

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Here is the listing:

It's a work in progress, but shows you the gist of customization option.

I'm all the way over in SEA, specifically Vietnam. Looked at your website and you can ship to Singapore but not Vietnam? Sad panda is sad ?

Unfortunately, there is high package loss in SEA, even more so now. Philippines for example loses every single package so far pre-covid19 that I've altogether disabled it.

Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan usually don't lose packages.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Here is the listing:

It's a work in progress, but shows you the gist of customization option.

Unfortunately, there is high package loss in SEA, even more so now. Philippines for example loses every single package so far pre-covid19 that I've altogether disabled it.

Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan usually don't lose packages.
I understand, many US-based businesses don't ship to VN too so I have them ship to my friend in SG instead and I pick them up later as I used to travel to SG frequently for work. Obviously not viable now given the covid situation.

But for the few business that does ship to VN, I've purchased multiple items worth upto 600-700USD each and there's been 0 losses. Anyway, just let me know if you're willing to send 1 to VN, I'll take the full risks. Otherwise I'll ship it to SG then. Cheers!

buttrmytoast

Trash Compacter
Jun 2, 2018
Hey all! Just wanted to share what jhack's M2426 can do in a brickless 2070s skyreach. As some of you may have seen before you can do a brickless 2070s s4m like in this imgur post. My goal is to do something similar but as clean and minimal as possible. I started off by potentially using a KMPKT dynamo combo but I found that the plugin unit was too thick to fit between the mobo and AC-DC unit. Instead I opted to use jhack's M2427 Unit. The cables were a bit short so I wanted to resolder the cables but just in case I was going to break something I ordered two of them...

@Thehack was kind enough to reach out to me and send me one of his working models of the M2426 instead, and let me tell you, this thing is amazing. It's absolutely small form factor and has an incredible premium feel to it. The symmetry of the unit is really nice in case you have a different build setup too. The modularity of the connectors is also really convenient for anyone who's making their own cables i.e. different material or length (the previous model required desoldering / resoldering).

I've still got some work to do (notably shortening the AC-DC -> DC-ATX cable and making a super low profile GPU power connector), but here's what it looks like so far.

The reduction of that fat 24pin cable works wonders even in builds like the S4M. Thanks J-hack for helping me troubleshoot and providing a ton of advice on builds! For anyone out there with questions about this build feel free to shoot me a PM or a comment (also will be making a build thread soon). Lastly, if you haven't already, join j-hack's discord to stay up to date on dope stuff like this!