Looking for some specific specs....

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 20, 2017
I've got some time on my hands again, so I'm going to get back to making more progress on my SketchUp (and Autodesk) files for my custom case I'm planning out.

Last time I was doing some work on the files one set of specifications I had struggled a bit to find. I need to work out the positions of vents, inputs and outputs on the "Corsair CX450M" / "Corsair CXM 450W" (names used interchangeably).
As far as PSU's go it seemed that the ATX PSU spec is quite vague. Once I have that spec nailed down, I should have pretty much everything I need. I might end up trying to grab some specs for some different bay caddies and I'll need to double check some fan thicknesses, but it shouldn't be too tricky to find them.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
If you need exact dimensions for the vents and connectors, you'll just have to measure the PSU. Those aren't really standardized at all.

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 20, 2017
If you need exact dimensions for the vents and connectors, you'll just have to measure the PSU. Those aren't really standardized at all.

I don't have the PSU yet physically, and I know that the majority of the dimensions aren't standardised across all the models, hence why I gave the model in the post, in case someone happened to have that PSU or know of some hidden away specs for it? Alternatively someone could have also made their own 3D model for that PSU. Anything along those lines would be notably useful.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I've found it very useful to go to the Newegg Product page and then post a question asking for measurements before. The response was quick, but that was just for an unlisted width with rack ears removed on a 1.5U case.

Alternately, maybe you could get exacy measurements and then scale images to size and figure out locations and measurements that way?

Any reason you're going ATX and not SFX? Many people on the forums are running a Corsair SF450 or SF600 if they aren't using a DC-DC psu.

@Corsair Johan might be able to find a technical drawing, perhaps.

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 20, 2017
I've found it very useful to go to the Newegg Product page and then post a question asking for measurements before. The response was quick, but that was just for an unlisted width with rack ears removed on a 1.5U case.

Alternately, maybe you could get exacy measurements and then scale images to size and figure out locations and measurements that way?

Any reason you're going ATX and not SFX? Many people on the forums are running a Corsair SF450 or SF600 if they aren't using a DC-DC psu.

@Corsair Johan might be able to find a technical drawing, perhaps.

I'll try find some images for it I might be able to scale...
The ATX just happens to be quite cheap in the UK while still being semi-modular, having a reasonable wattage and being made by a reputable brand. I have to do my build on a budget, and so it seemed a reasonable option. If I happen to stumble across a SFX alternative which seems suitable, I may go for it... It's possible I could try to hunt out a TFX power supply instead, although I suspect I'll probably end up with either ATX or SFX...