Discussion Looking for advice on change some things in my Ncase M1 Build

BuzzbrnV

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Dec 11, 2019
Hey everyone. I bought my Ncase M1 v6.1 back when the preorder went up in late 2019. I got my case back in early December of 2019 and completed my build in Jan of 2020. I've been super happy with how my system came out but there are things I want to change. While I'm inside, I want to ask for some advise on changing out a AIO to a different brand. I'll have my current specs listed below this but I going to dismantle my system to remove the front IO and install the blank plate. I only use the front USB-A ports which I can replace with the USB Hub. I've never used the USB-C port and the front audio doesn't work right so I have it unplugged. This way I can clean up the wiring and it be less of a mess.

While I'm doing that, I want to install a custom set of PSU cables. However, who would you recommend that doesn't have a long wait time? As for AIOs, I currently have Corsair H100i Platinum installed but iCue sucks and my H100i is doing strange things. It randomly disconnects and locks up from time to time. RGB comes on when set to off and fans don't ramp up/down. Only restarting my computer will fix it. Tried software and firmware but doesn't help. I been looking and I think I want to go with the EK AIO Basic. I don't need RGB so that would check pretty much all the boxes for what I'm looking for. Only downside is I do loose the fan control based on liquid temp but that is something I can live without. Is there any other non RGB AIO out there that could handle a 9900KS? Is the EK AIO worth it? Not into RGB computer components so I like to stay away from that.

The last thing I want to ask is related to a video I seen a while back from Optimus Tech. In a deshroud video he did, he mentioned using a mini 4-pin to 4-pin adapter on Strix cards becasue the full size fan headers didn't work. This had me stumped becuase I though it was impossible have the fans connected to the GPU for control unless you use software like Argus, which I'm heavily thinking about. He didn't go into details but I thought that maybe I missed something when I planned my deshroud and maybe there was some new work around that I didn't know about. I wanted to ask but never did. Figure he was either jamming the 4-pin connector into the 7-pin connector or there some way to attach a adapter to the stock fan harness for the Strix fans or something like that. Maybe someone here would have more insight to what Optimus Tech meant on using a adapter.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KS (5.1Ghz @ 1.28volts AVX offset -3)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
Memory: Team Dark Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Micron 1100 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Micron 1100 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX Deshroud Noctua Mod
Case: NCASE M1 Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro