Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Just had a thought. @Lone - How easy would it be to replace the top panel with a see through one? Like if it were made out of acrylic/plexiglass? Could you get the same sort of bends as the steel one? Just something I'm thinking of maybe doing at some point.

Edit - The Dell R5MR2 330W arrived. It's an absolute unit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good UK kettle plug?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Just had a thought. @Lone - How easy would it be to replace the top panel with a see through one? Like if it were made out of acrylic/plexiglass? Could you get the same sort of bends as the steel one? Just something I'm thinking of maybe doing at some point.

Edit - The Dell R5MR2 330W arrived. It's an absolute unit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good UK kettle plug?

330w seems overkill for that!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com

There's some videos on YouTube video showing sharp acrylic bends. It looks like it is possible. Another option may be joining multiple panels together using box/finger joints and glue, instead of doing a 90 degree bend.

Reactions: Analogue Blacksheep

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Been working on transferring everything to the new build from my old skull canyon. Also played some Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2. The crazy thing is this computer with one stick of 4GB 2133Mhz RAM is more stable and smoother than my Skull Canyon NUC with 32GB 2133Mhz RAM. Crazy to think what will happen when I add 60GB more running at 2666Mhz.

Reactions: Lone and A415Hz

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Currently tuning the fans to be mostly silent during low temps.

Does anyone know if this sensible with the setup I've got. I don't want to overheat the Hdplex 200W.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Let us know what settings you find work best for you.

Core/Performance Boost may cause your CPU fan to fluctuate, which can be annoying. I haven’t been able to smooth it out yet (besides disabling CPB).

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Just been playing some Team Fortress 2 for about an hout. The computer has been going like a champ, but the Dell 330W brick feels hot to the touch. Not burning, but noticable. Is this normal?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Sounds normal. :)

If you’re concerned at all, you could try orienting it upright, or mount it to a hard surface if you have it on carpet. They do get warm-hot to the touch. Even under light loads they can be warm.

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
i am using a 240w dell and hdplex. brick is hot. but pc runs smoothly

last time forgot to bring my 240w at a friend's place. used a 70w that they had extra, played human fall flat, bluetooth was lagging (2x dual shock4), wifi not working right, game didnt right right and then poof, everything is off. rip 70w psu.

• Haha
Reactions: Lone

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
i am using a 240w dell and hdplex. brick is hot. but pc runs smoothly

last time forgot to bring my 240w at a friend's place. used a 70w that they had extra, played human fall flat, bluetooth was lagging (2x dual shock4), wifi not working right, game didnt right right and then poof, everything is off. rip 70w psu.

Uh, you should have known better...