Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hey @Nanook !
Here the A12x25 mounted with the clip under the L12s.
And thanks to Noctua do have sent me the mounting bracket of the L12!
I think I am lucky! As you can see on this motherboard the clearance is 99.8 % perfect! Only the WiFi slot push 1mm, but I am able to keep the fan in place anyway. (As you can see from the top there is a slight rotation of the cooler, but that really doesn't matter. I could even slide a bit the fan out of the L12s guide and that's it, but I guess is ok!
I can only recommend this Motherboard and this AMAZING case!

A few temps after 20 minutes of Prime95 v29.8, Smallest sFFT and fan's BIOS profile set as QUIET:

Noctua A12x25 1600RPM max
CPU locked at Intel specs, 75 degrees MAX at 95W and 3.8/3.9GHz an all cores/threads.

Wow perfect fit!

Reactions: fabio

kridius

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
Hey @Nanook !
Here the A12x25 mounted with the clip under the L12s.
And thanks to Noctua do have sent me the mounting bracket of the L12!
I think I am lucky! As you can see on this motherboard the clearance is 99.8 % perfect! Only the WiFi slot push 1mm, but I am able to keep the fan in place anyway. (As you can see from the top there is a slight rotation of the cooler, but that really doesn't matter. I could even slide a bit the fan out of the L12s guide and that's it, but I guess is ok!
I can only recommend this Motherboard and this AMAZING case!

A few temps after 20 minutes of Prime95 v29.8, Smallest sFFT and fan's BIOS profile set as QUIET:

Noctua A12x25 1600RPM max
CPU locked at Intel specs, 75 degrees MAX at 95W and 3.8/3.9GHz an all cores/threads.

What was the length of the ADT-Link adapter that you bought? I'm looking to run a similar setup!

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What was the length of the ADT-Link adapter that you bought? I'm looking to run a similar setup!
I’ve bought one of these, the short version, I think the UR, 8cm! The perfect option will be the M version, but they only to in 2242 length and my MB doesn’t support it on the back side. With this you can even mount a PCIE card in the second slot and power with the SATA cable included.

http://www.adt.link/product/R43_STX.html

Reactions: deeree

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
And the G-Unique internal Bricks is ready! He only needs to finish the wires and will ship it to me! 300W brickless build! I can increase the CPU limit!

It is shown with a 10mm fan. I will use a 15mm one, but there's still enough space, and I can still have the second front fan!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
And the G-Unique internal Bricks is ready! He only needs to finish the wires and will ship it to me! 300W brickless build! I can increase the CPU limit!

It is shown with a 10mm fan. I will use a 15mm one, but there's still enough space, and I can still have the second front fan!

That's pretty amazing!

Doesn't look like he left much clearance for those wires. Would be ideal if the wires came out the other sides. Hard to tell for sure though.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That's pretty amazing!

Doesn't look like he left much clearance for those wires. Would be ideal if the wires came out the other sides. Hard to tell for sure though.
Shit, it’s true! ? I hope there will be enough space actually! Now is waiting the gx12 connector. He will provide me a GX-12 to C14 so I can use my C14 cables that are the most common in Europe

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
You may be okay. If not, you could modify the cover. It looks like depending on which fan position you mount it in, the wires would come out towards the back, or the front opening. Towards the front may offer a little more clearance.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized after re-reading this that it probably doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fabio

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
This is the flange I'm talking about. If the wires come out after this flange, then you'll probably have an extra 2mm of clearance. :)

NoSk0pz

Average Stuffer
Apr 3, 2017

really curious how this works out for you, i prefer brickless builds! (although that slim dell brick seems like a great little alternative)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
SO, I got the PSU!

I can say that the cabling and the case is amazing! You can still feel that is "handmade" but is very pro at the same time.

BUT, I have one negative point: The thread to screw the fan in, have a thickness, and they don't go inside the hole of the Noiseblocker fan. (I need to try if they work with other fans, BTW).

This means that the assembly got 3mm more, and it pushes against the unit in the 24pin connector. For this, the pressure doesn't allow to have the external panels perfectly aligned.

Of course, without the fan mounted in front of, everything is perfect! Tomorrow I receive the Akasa fan that is only 10mm, then it will have NO issue as well!

But for the rest, I am super happy! Still need to fire the system, though :D

In the next days I will post better pictures with the slimmer fan! :)

Advokatrix

Average Stuffer
Dec 29, 2017
Any recommendations for a SATA-M.2 drive, that is going to be mounted on the backside of the motherboard? I'm a little bit concerned about temperatures.
Currently, I'm torn between Crucial MX500, WD Blue and ADATA SU800.

Additionally, my L5 arrived one month ago - so here are some pictures (not build up yet).

I'm hoping the Zotac/MSI GTX 1650 LP sits on the shelves of my local dealer soon. I wonder, if a GTX 1650ti is getting released at all and if it comes in a LP variant. The full TU117 seems to have over 1000 shader units and uses only 75W too (if you can trust those rumors).
No rumors about Navi "low-end" 75W GPUs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone and Weredawg

b.Art

What's an ITX?
Jun 26, 2019
Any recommendations for a SATA-M.2 drive, that is going to be mounted on the backside of the motherboard? I'm a little bit concerned about temperatures.

Not SATA but I'd go with Patriot VIPER VPN100.
It has integrated heatsink, so temperatures should be fine and it's faster than SATA drives.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com

Additionally, my L5 arrived one month ago - so here are some pictures (not build up yet).

I'm hoping the Zotac/MSI GTX 1650 LP sits on the shelves of my local dealer soon. I wonder, if a GTX 1650ti is getting released at all and if it comes in a LP variant. The full TU117 seems to have over 1000 shader units and uses only 75W too (if you can trust those rumors).
No rumors about Navi "low-end" 75W GPUs?

I can't really offer any M.2 recommendations. Never had any problems yet with Intel, WD, or Samsung. I wouldn't be concerned about temps with one or two case fans.

There was a GTX 750 Ti, and a GTX 1050 Ti option, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a GTX 1650 Ti.

@Lone As suggested I've drilled a bit the holes, and now the fit is perfect! (Even if, 1mm thinner should be better).

Here, finally, the final build!!! Everything works perfectly!

That's awesome! :) It would be interesting to learn more about the AC-DC unit G-Unique built for you and how he managed that. Look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I received my replacement case parts today. The fit is good, and the correct white is awesome! It's basically the white I've always wanted - fine texture matte white. Virtually no hanging marks.

Too good to be true right! Unfortunately, my manufacturer put the expansion slot PEM threaded inserts on the wrong side. :( I'm really hoping they can remove the inserts and press in new ones on the correct side. Sadly, the parts are delayed yet again. I will let you know what they say tomorrow.

EDIT: Manufacturer is going to fix the problem. I believe this should be a much quicker fix since they don't need to remake any parts.

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
@Lone As suggested I've drilled a bit the holes, and now the fit is perfect! (Even if, 1mm thinner should be better).

Here, finally, the final build!!! Everything works perfectly!

Can you explain a little more about the G-Unique power supply? What made you go with this instead of HDPlex or Meanwell? It *is* a very cool form factor and I've always really enjoyed the G-Unique stuff.