Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio thanks for sharing! How was it using the KMPKT/HDPLEX DC-ATX? What are the model numbers for those Dell power adapters?
The HDplex 160W is tight for my build (I have the 200W but is at my FAR storage) BUT never had an issue, even under rendering session! (It can peak till 200W, then I should be ok)
The GPU is only 45W, and the CPU is locked at the Intel specs, then 95W/120W.
And also using the Noise blocker SLIM fan helps a lot for space, even if there is enough room for the 25mm one.

About the Dell bricks model, actually seems that the Model Number are the same, but here the links!

Dell New Slim 180W - 151x74x22 mm (Seems to be the same as the Razer 180W 2018)

Dell New Slim 240W

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018

just browsing thru and spot this. At the switch area, what made you to open up the slots and intersect with the switch location? I think I prefer this version (more material to resist bending when button is pressed)

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
just browsing thru and spot this. At the switch area, what made you to open up the slots and intersect with the switch location? I think I prefer this version (more material to resist bending when button is pressed)

There's no issue with bending when the button is pressed. It may look flimsy, but it's not.

Reactions: staircase

jpbaumgartne

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 27, 2019
The HDplex 160W is tight for my build (I have the 200W but is at my FAR storage) BUT never had an issue, even under rendering session! (It can peak till 200W, then I should be ok)
The GPU is only 45W, and the CPU is locked at the Intel specs, then 95W/120W.
And also using the Noise blocker SLIM fan helps a lot for space, even if there is enough room for the 25mm one.

About the Dell bricks model, actually seems that the Model Number are the same, but here the links!

Dell New Slim 180W - 151x74x22 mm (Seems to be the same as the Razer 180W 2018)

Dell New Slim 240W

These seem fantastic. The Dell 240W I currently use is a behemoth in comparison. Plus these look quite sleek.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

Hey, where did you source these bricks? If I'm not mistaking, you're EU based, no? I see these new models only on the US Dell website atm...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Very cool! Since you have VLP ram, is there anyway you can wedge an A12x25 between the I/O and the 24pin? No metal clips. That's what I had to do on my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX + 9900K + NH-L12 in the Ghost S1.
Noctua just replied to me that It will send me the bracket of the L12, so I can have them on the L12s and try the A12x25! I really miss that pleasant sound! I will let you know! I am pretty sure though that it will stay outside a bit, because the hetapipes are more diagonal than the L12, but Let's see the thermal! So happy with this build!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Noctua just replied to me that It will send me the bracket of the L12, so I can have them on the L12s and try the A12x25! I really miss that pleasant sound! I will let you know! I am pretty sure though that it will stay outside a bit, because the hetapipes are more diagonal than the L12, but Let's see the thermal! So happy with this build!
I agree on the performance vs noise on the A12x25. Even with a cover directly sitting on the fans, the turbulence "drone" sounds better on the A12x25 than the A12x15. However, have you tried fitting the A12x25 in your setup yet? Looks like that one tall component on the I/O side will push your fan towards your 24pin connector / G-unique/ HDPlex thing.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I agree on the performance vs noise on the A12x25. Even with a cover directly sitting on the fans, the turbulence "drone" sounds better on the A12x25 than the A12x15. However, have you tried fitting the A12x25 in your setup yet? Looks like that one tall component on the I/O side will push your fan towards your 24pin connector / G-unique/ HDPlex thing.
Actually I’ve checked only visually and seems there is space. But I can try these days and I will let you know! BTW, the Supermicro board is super good!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I've only looked at a few parts, but this is what I'm seeing so far:
  • New vent looks good!
  • Black looks good (thankfully something is consistent).
  • Not very happy with white. Not what I was expecting.
  • Fan mount is improved.
  • Fit of side panels is a bit tight, but appears to be okay.
  • L5X look good.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@Lone can't wait to see some pictures of the new vent design!

Are you still planning to offer silver/black color option? Website only shows Black or White as available options.

Reactions: rcradiator

NoSk0pz

Average Stuffer
Apr 3, 2017
I've only looked at a few parts, but this is what I'm seeing so far:
  • New vent looks good!
  • Black looks good (thankfully something is consistent).
  • Not very happy with white. Not what I was expecting.
  • Fan mount is improved.
  • Fit of side panels is a bit tight, but appears to be okay.
  • L5X look good.

Excited for the L5X :D

What's the issue with the white version?

Reactions: fabio

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
@Metroversal unfortunately there's no silver/black option this batch. I can only do one other colour per batch. I'll try to get some photos posted today before I leave work.

@NoSk0pz I was expecting a fine texture, low gloss white. It ended up being a glossy medium texture white. I'm going to talk with my manufacturer next week and see if it was a mistake on their end. I'm also finding some white parts that are blemished. It also appears that the left white side panels were coated white over top of black (judge from the hanging marks), which isn't really acceptable.

kridius

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
I think I may have found some issues with the bends on the chassis/frame part. Will provide an update next week.

These look great! Is the chassis with the feet a previous iteration of the case? I'm very excited I got my parts now just waiting on the case to become available!! Also the white in photos doesn't look half bad!

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
@Lone when you say "Price includes free ground shipping" Is it Canada only or includes US too?

I am wondering if I run alpine 12 passive with 2x noctua NF-A8 would be enough to cool a ryzen 5 2600 for gaming? maybe @vanbeveren could answer? I assume it could work because the fan is so close to the cooler and this is such a small case. I would love to run a gtx 1650 low profile when it comes out.

What's the minimum size of the brick I will need to get?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Excited for the L5X :D

What's the issue with the white version?

The white has some poor hanging marks, and the coating on some of the countersink holes are actually pealing. Also, it appears that the top/left cover was first powder coated black (likely by accident), and then powder coated white over top the black. This makes the coating too thick, and results in poor fit. It may also be able to actually see that the coating is thinner when screwed down side by side.

These look great! Is the chassis with the feet a previous iteration of the case? I'm very excited I got my parts now just waiting on the case to become available!! Also the white in photos doesn't look half bad!

Ya, it doesn't look too bad. It's white, and it would be okay if there weren't other issues (see above).

The one on the right is from the last batch with prototype side panels that had no CPU vent.

@Lone when you say "Price includes free ground shipping" Is it Canada only or includes US too?

Free ground shipping is worldwide. International shipping method is slow, but it works. Faster shipping options are also available.

I am wondering if I run alpine 12 passive with 2x noctua NF-A8 would be enough to cool a ryzen 5 2600 for gaming? maybe @vanbeveren could answer? I assume it could work because the fan is so close to the cooler and this is such a small case. I would love to run a gtx 1650 low profile when it comes out.

What's the minimum size of the brick I will need to get?

The Alpine 12 Passive isn't designed for 65W TDP processors, so I can't really recommend it. It might work, but it'll be a compromise.

I would recommend a 180-200W brick.

Reactions: staircase

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey @Nanook !
Here the A12x25 mounted with the clip under the L12s.
And thanks to Noctua do have sent me the mounting bracket of the L12!
I think I am lucky! As you can see on this motherboard the clearance is 99.8 % perfect! Only the WiFi slot push 1mm, but I am able to keep the fan in place anyway. (As you can see from the top there is a slight rotation of the cooler, but that really doesn't matter. I could even slide a bit the fan out of the L12s guide and that's it, but I guess is ok!
I can only recommend this Motherboard and this AMAZING case!

A few temps after 20 minutes of Prime95 v29.8, Smallest sFFT and fan's BIOS profile set as QUIET:

Noctua A12x25 1600RPM max
CPU locked at Intel specs, 75 degrees MAX at 95W and 3.8/3.9GHz an all cores/threads.

Last edited: