Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Oh thats cool! Does the case have enough room in the back for an adapter? I chose the Asus motherboard because it has 2 m.2 ports. One on the front and one on the back. I was thinking about routing it from the front and bringing it down. But if theres room in the backside then that opens up motherboard options for me.

There should be plenty of room, since the cable is just a ribbon type. I think routing from the bottom may be the only option, since an occupied PCIe slot would block the ribbon on the top. I would send an email to ADT-Link and see what they say. It looks like the Elgato HD Pro is PCIe x1 and may not require much power. I would also ask Elgato what the max power draw is. I imagine you've already looked at the HD60 or HD60 S? Being external they would obviously be the easiest option.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
There should be plenty of room, since the cable is just a ribbon type. I think routing from the bottom may be the only option, since an occupied PCIe slot would block the ribbon on the top. I would send an email to ADT-Link and see what they say. It looks like the Elgato HD Pro is PCIe x1 and may not require much power. I would also ask Elgato what the max power draw is. I imagine you've already looked at the HD60 or HD60 S? Being external they would obviously be the easiest option.
Hey! The ADT that I’ve posted has a 4pin connector near the PCIe slot and included one cable 4pin to SATA, to power all the devices! Without the connector it can power 3.3V @3A or 10W. I’ve bought the 10cm but is too long, now ordered the 5cm! Let’s see!

Reactions: Lone

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I’ve ordered both the R43UL and R43UR.
If it works flawless, will be great from Lone to add two more stand-off or holes to support it in the L6! ?

Reactions: Lone

jpbaumgartne

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 27, 2019
Patiently awaiting the June batch. Can't wait! Already have an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive that I have used with my 8700T ES. Now to track down a low profile RX 560. Are the MSI low profile coolers recommended? The only low profile card I've used was a Radeon Pro WX4100.

Reactions: Lone and vanbeveren

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I hate to be a pain asking about coolers, but has anyone had any luck with the Dynatron A24?

Edit - On second thought, I just realised the cooler is pointing towards the GPU. I don't think that's a good choice.

Last edited:

vanbeveren

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 21, 2019
Patiently awaiting the June batch. Can't wait! Already have an Arctic Alpine 12 Passive that I have used with my 8700T ES. Now to track down a low profile RX 560. Are the MSI low profile coolers recommended? The only low profile card I've used was a Radeon Pro WX4100.

Newegg has refurb RX 560 LP for $124

Reactions: jpbaumgartne

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com

I only have experience with the MSI GTX 1050 Ti. The fans were not the greatest, but not the worst either. MSI uses a single slot height heatsink (not including the fans/shroud), which makes it a little more flexible. The ASUS GTX 1050 Ti would be the most recommended due only to the fact that the fans actually turn off at idle. Hopefully this will become the new norm.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
For the PSU i'm using a 300W G-unique with the GX16 style connector. I was wondering if it could fit through the back of the case without any modding?

I realized I never answered your question above. The hole is 12.7mm (0.5in) in diameter. The GX12 will fit, but not the GX16. Do you already have the G-Unique PSU? G-Unique can also supply 4pin DIN, 7.4/5.0 mm, and probably others, which in some cases can be mounted to a PCB and mounted off the back.

Reactions: fabio

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
If I am running it with integrated graphic, can the psu be internal and brickless?

I think I am going to make it a portable "back up" server for my home media center.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
If I am running it with integrated graphic, can the psu be internal and brickless?

I think I am going to make it a portable "back up" server for my home media center.

Yes, with some conditions.

You would have to mount a C7 connector to a free expansion slot (maybe mod an expansion slot cover), or use a pigtail connector which moves the connection outside the case. You would also have to figure out how to mount the PSU on your own. There are a bunch of existing holes for 2.5 inch drives you may be able to utilize.

C14 pigtail connector:

Reactions: staircase

kridius

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
I realized I never answered your question above. The hole is 12.7mm (0.5in) in diameter. The GX12 will fit, but not the GX16. Do you already have the G-Unique PSU? G-Unique can also supply 4pin DIN, 7.4/5.0 mm, and probably others, which in some cases can be mounted to a PCB and mounted off the back.
Yeah I do have the PSU already, I got it second hand. I'm not too sure if I understand what you said about the 4pin DIN and what you mean about mounting it to a pcb

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Yeah I do have the PSU already, I got it second hand. I'm not too sure if I understand what you said about the 4pin DIN and what you mean about mounting it to a pcb

Since you already have the PSU you could just change the connector or enlarge the hole with a drill.

4 pin Power DIN looks like this:

PCB reference was just to what G-Unique sometimes does, where the connector is mounted to a PCB which has specific mounting holes on it.

So can the Lone L5 fit DTX?

Mini DTX (170 x 203 mm) is slightly (about 2-3 mm) too large for the L5.

@Lone the upcoming Asus X570 Impact isn't standard ITX, do you think it will still fit in the L5?

Looks like it's based on Mini DTX, which would make it slightly too large.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Finally, the "first" build is finished! (waiting for the G-Unique custom PSU)

With a bit of time, I was able to optimize the cable management.

I confirm that the ADT.Link riser works till 10W without the power cable,
but suddenly it has both the cable and PCIe slot mounted opposite for my initial needs or for someone wants to use a second GPU or whatever in the second slot.

But on the website they don't do anything that can have a perfect orientation using the back M.2 slot for most all of the Z390 ITX, BUT, I think for the ASRock Z390 Phantom it should work, instead!) Because the M.2 connector is flipped, and this means also the PCIe will be flipped!)

In the end, I've decided to use the riser to plug an Intel Optane 905p for the OS.

Here the build pics with the Noctua L12S!

BTW, Dell has 2 NEW slim PSU, the one I am using is very small and is rated 180W. It does another one of 240W, but don't know how much is big compared to this.

Enjoy!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Finally, the "first" build is finished! (waiting for the G-Unique custom PSU)

With a bit of time, I was able to optimize the cable management.

I confirm that the ADT.Link riser works till 10W without the power cable,
but suddenly it has both the cable and PCIe slot mounted opposite for my initial needs or for someone wants to use a second GPU or whatever in the second slot.

But on the website they don't do anything that can have a perfect orientation using the back M.2 slot for most all of the Z390 ITX, BUT, I think for the ASRock Z390 Phantom it should work, instead!) Because the M.2 connector is flipped, and this means also the PCIe will be flipped!)

In the end, I've decided to use the riser to plug an Intel Optane 905p for the OS.

Here the build pics with the Noctua L12S!

BTW, Dell has 2 NEW slim PSU, the one I am using is very small and is rated 180W. It does another one of 240W, but don't know how much is big compared to this.

Enjoy!

Very cool! Since you have VLP ram, is there anyway you can wedge an A12x25 between the I/O and the 24pin? No metal clips. That's what I had to do on my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX + 9900K + NH-L12 in the Ghost S1.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Very cool! Since you have VLP ram, is there anyway you can wedge an A12x25 between the I/O and the 24pin? No metal clips. That's what I had to do on my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX + 9900K + NH-L12 in the Ghost S1.
Depend! I should switch the L12 mount system with the L12S one, so can fit the A12x25 and check if it is compatible. It will be cool!
Or maybe just using the Big shuriken 2 + the A12x25!

EDIT: Asked to Noctua if I can have the L12 mounting brackets and bolt as spare part... Let's see!

Last edited: