Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
As the past versions, beautiful, elegant, minimalist and functional!

Glad to see it! :)

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
whatever it is count me in, love the case the quality is top tier , the most affordable reliable case within CONUS that fits low profile cards, I always support a fellow canuck. keep us posted james.

Reactions: Lone

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Enjoy!

Last edited:

RobonHood

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2016

As an owner of an L2, this thing is just an awesome revision of the chassis. Question for you Lone, would you ever consider doing an Vesa Bracket system for the L5? Maybe even a double bracket that allows the case to be mounted to both the monitor and a monitor arm?

I think that would be slick! Anyways keep up the good work man, it's always a pleasure to see you keep creating!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
As an owner of an L2, this thing is just an awesome revision of the chassis. Question for you Lone, would you ever consider doing an Vesa Bracket system for the L5? Maybe even a double bracket that allows the case to be mounted to both the monitor and a monitor arm?

Not at this time. If it's something that's important to you, I would create a new thread and see if other people are interested. Maybe you or someone else could design something and have it fabricated locally. Maybe it could even be made to fit more than one case.

Lone, is your chosen manufacturer able to do clear powder coating in a pleasing finish?

For something like this, I'd recommend having it done locally by a shop of your choice.

Ventorus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 21, 2017
Hey Lone, when do you anticipate taking preorders for this? Because I’d be in for one absolutely.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I love that alternate front, super industrial and cool, much prefer it to the more traditional perforated front.

I can't decide which one I like better. I was hoping to have a prototype of this option, but it looks like it will have to wait until I place another order. I'm really interested to see how many people choose this style over the other.

The blank front was great. What we need is built-in 80mm mounts at the bottom so you can remove your GPU's default fans and put some Noctuas in there.

Not a bad idea. I think that would primarily benefit the GPU and not the whole system though. With this design you might not need a GPU fan.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I can't decide which one I like better. I was hoping to have a prototype of this option, but it looks like it will have to wait until I place another order. I'm really interested to see how many people choose this style over the other.

Not a bad idea. I think that would primarily benefit the GPU and not the whole system though. With this design you might not need a GPU fan.

Hmmm.... I think you could have those "infinite vents" sorta thing maybe.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

You could consider slim 15mm fans instead of standard 25mmf fans as a compromise. There are 2 decent options for slim 80mm fans on the market. Noiseblocker makes a PWM fan and CoolerMaster makes a 3-pin fan.

I'm experimenting with both in my Realan E-i7 case right now but I'm struggling to get the low profile 1050ti GPU's 3-pin fan output to properly control a pair of these fans. I know some of the other 1050ti low profiles only have a 2 pin fan header.