Completed Lone Industries L4

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
The case is so tiny, I don't think front ports are necessary, and definitely no front power button. Most people rarely press their power buttons anymore, and the clean front is a key design feature of the case.

By the way, does the case really need front fans? All intake is directly from the outside. In fact, I think the front can be shortened to only support a single 2.5" SSD. It's not like there are long LP cards, and it's not like the case supports the larger HDPlex units.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
There is method to the madness. ;)

Glad you like the clean front. I like having the power button on the back. I have had at least two people here at work not know how to turn the computer on... which is totally fine with me.

A single fan would be helpful in some cases with the L4. If I change the cooling strategy with the L5, it may become necessary.

The space at the front is somewhat historical. First for 2.5 inch drives, then hopes of internal PSU, and now maybe just for cooling and a single 2.5 inch drive... who knows. It's also there to maintain proportions, and to make the case easy to work in.

Last edited:

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Uhhhh how else do you turn your computer on?

I said "rarely", not "never". I think I've pressed my power button less than 10 times this year. :D I put the computer to sleep when I don't use it. I only turn it off fully for cleaning or if I'm going to be away for a while.

I look forward to the L5 then. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I was thinking today that one cool use for a front fan would be a window option. If you use an L9i or a C7 cooler, you can feed it with a front fan and have a window side panel. Would be the smallest PC case with a window and would look pretty cool in my opinion.

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
Glad you like the clean front. I like having the power button on the back.

The space at the front is somewhat historical. First for 2.5 inch drives, then hopes of internal PSU, and now maybe just for cooling and a single 2.5 inch drive... who knows. It's also there to maintain proportions, and to make the case easy to work in.

I'm a lucky owner of L4, and I love it a lot. I like its clean design, and all my brothers and sister has no problem finding the power button (since all the stuffs are at back). I also like the internal space, at least for me I can fit the internal PSU.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes on upcoming L5. I'm sure whatever come out will be exciting!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I was thinking today that one cool use for a front fan would be a window option. If you use an L9i or a C7 cooler, you can feed it with a front fan and have a window side panel. Would be the smallest PC case with a window and would look pretty cool in my opinion.

That's true. A window option has crossed my mind, and should be do-able. I've never really been a fan of windows myself, but I'm still interested in seeing what it might look like.

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Are there currently any options for purchasing this case?

Not at this time. I am currently trying to find another sheet metal parts manufacturer in my area that isn't too expensive. If I can find someone, then there's a good chance I'll offer a new model in the near future.

Reactions: VegetableStu

dpigeaud

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Not at this time. I am currently trying to find another sheet metal parts manufacturer in my area that isn't too expensive. If I can find someone, then there's a good chance I'll offer a new model in the near future.

Can this case accomodate full size GPUs (for instance a GTX 980Ti)?

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
Hi there!
I don't have much information about this case but from what i understand you can't buy it anymore. I love the layout and i want to ask, is the old version (L4) compatibile with HD plex 160W AC-DC psu, for a brickless build?

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
Hi there!
I don't have much information about this case but from what i understand you can't buy it anymore. I love the layout and i want to ask, is the old version (L4) compatibile with HD plex 160W AC-DC psu, for a brickless build?
As far as I read/understood, no.

I don't want to sound rude, It's a pleasure to try to help, we are here for that, but, I'm just trying to help you in an effective way, next time, try using the search engine so you can find the answer in a fast way.

Here is a gif showing how to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woxys and Choidebu