Lone Industries L3: Plain and Simple

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
I'm sure that there is a
Not sure, it's been awhile since I last did it. Involves cutting, stripping, crimping, inserting, soldering, and heat shrinking (twice per switch). I may look at not soldering onto the switch again. Haven't been able to find a suitable quick disconnect that I liked. Soldering to the switch is very compact and clean looking.

It's still about the same size (a little shorter and longer).

I'm sure that there is a suitable switch out there that is either sold already wired or with some form of quick connect. Realistically, It's not that hard to wire a switch up either, If you're buying into the diy/creative/sff market then most would surely be willing to get there hands dirty and learn something that contributes to their purchase.

Perhaps include your preference of switch so that your peace of mind is preserved and then allow the end user to do the rest?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I'll be including the same one I always have. Like you say, those who want something different can easily source something more expensive (and then they'll have an extra backup). :)

If someone wants to save $5-6 CAD, I also plan to provide a "without pwr switch" option on my website.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
If someone wants to save $5-6 CAD, I also plan to provide a "without pwr switch" option on my website.

That seems like a good idea. If you're doing all of this stuff yourself and unit numbers are low, it'll save you effort to leave it out instead of increasing the number of SKUs and thus handling effort/cost.