Power Supply List of DC-ATX power supplies.

gligorot

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2017
Hi, I'm new here, hope someone can help me out. :)

So, I got bored of my ATX case/pc and decided to build a small form factor PC. The problem is picoPSU is too expensive with shipping to here and I have to order a clone from China.

In the first post in the list there is to this Pico-BOX store (link) on aliexpress, but this X1-ATX-180 PSU is not on the list. Instead the 200W variant (X1-ATX-200) is listed. Are they the same or have there been changes since the first post was made?

My questions are:
1. Are these PSU's good? Or is there a danger of them burning out and destroying my computer?
2. I read here that the Realan PSU's are less efficient, therefore they are bad? Or they just produce a lot more heat?
3. Can I use this 180W PSU with, for example, a 120W brick, or is that dangerous?

It seems my options are limited to Realan and the one I linked (x1-180), except if another company ships to Macedonia with a reasonable total price (<=25$).

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Reactions: gligorot

gligorot

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2017
HDPlex warehouses their products in the US, Germany and China. As a result I believe they offer free worldwide shipping.

https://www.hdplex.com

If price is really an issue, one of our members is selling the HDPlex 160W DC-ATX for 14.99 USD right now

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/14-hdplex-pico-style-160-200w-psu-new-original-box.3114/

Perhaps if you select a slightly slower kind of shipping, you can get it from @Ninjetti for around your price target.
HDPlex is priced 58$ which is way out of my price range.

@Ninjetti If you are willing to ship to Europe (Macedonia) and the shipping is around 10-15 $ (for $25-30 total) we can discuss. :)

====
Anyone else with experience with the X1-180-PSU's?

gligorot

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2017
i understood that.

my listing is clear that shipping is only to the USA.

therefore, since you're close to the border, i thought you might want to help him out.
I have someone that might want to help, I think they live in Michigan. Do you have an idea of the shipping costs you>them>me?

gligorot

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2017
i have both a HDPLEX PSU & the AC adapter you'll need to go with it, for sale at $14.99 and $8.99.

that means the total for both is $23.98, plus shipping.

above you offered $30.

so if your contacts in the USA can get it to you for $10 extra, then you've gotten both these items at 50% off.

that's a very excellent deal.

if you don't believe me, ask Kmpkt.
Nice, I'll see what I can do with them and contact you back if I figure it out.

In the meantime, comments on the x1-atx-180 are still appreciated by anyone with info.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I've owned one Pico-Box unit and it fried well under rated wattage. Customer support was completely unhelpful. I would not recommend purchasing from them.

gligorot

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2017
I've owned one Pico-Box unit and it fried well under rated wattage. Customer support was completely unhelpful. I would not recommend purchasing from them.

I presume it was another one of their models, not the 180 one? Nevertheless thats bad.

Paypal charges fees to receive payments.

however, if you buy today i'll eat these fees.

as of tomorrow, my price will be $30 plus Paypal's fees.

It won't happen today for sure. I researched a bit and the shipping through usps is 22$ them>me...which is doable if there isn't another alternative. However i don't promise anything. I'll PM you to keep this thread clean.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015

Welp, I have one of those, not yet used. It's the 120W model. I plan to just use it for the CPU and PCIe power so the rest of it comes directly from the 12V of a AC unit, but.. I don't know anymore.

Reactions: Biowarejak

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Purchase a proper HDPLEX 160W unit. Feedbacks regarding the Z3-ATX-200 are not good.

xtian0510

Efficiency Noob
Jul 22, 2017
Kindy answer my question. Thanks. Also even I purchased your HDPLEX I think same question is how to plug them with the dell brick.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
how to plug them with the dell brick.

If the brick you have doesnt fit the DC-DC unit you have then your best option is probably to buy the correct barrel jack and reterminate the brick w/ it.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Kindy answer my question. Thanks. Also even I purchased your HDPLEX I think same question is how to plug them with the dell brick.

Yes, I kindly answered your question by advising you to not lose time with this unit. I know I did, as did@Kmpkt two posts above yours.

Your AC adapter has a 7.4 mm barrel diameter. As should the HDPLEX :

Last edited:

asbo

Case Bender
Dec 4, 2017
I've been using a 330w dell power brick which no longer works properly. It powers the PC for about 30 seconds and then I get a black screen, I'm guessing it no longer supplies enough watts after that. I've seen people talk about it elsewhere.
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? The link in the first post no longer works.