News LIAN LI - SP750 SFX PSU

Surprised no ones spotted this yet, seems like its releasing July 12 according to Newegg

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Surprised no ones spotted this yet, seems like its releasing July 12 according to Newegg
While it is always good to have choices, I wonder what this PSU brings particularly to the table.
Is there anything unique? Can anyone spot its major selling point? Its brushed aluminum housing?
Well, at least, I like its look
And I wonder who the OEM is.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
on one hand, more availability and cheaper price can only be good for the majority of buyers.

I wonder what this PSU brings particularly to the table.
on the other hand, this is my sentiment exactly, on paper this has nothing that I would want over the SF750. personally I'd like to see something that can make me switch from the Corsair SF750. CM V850 - nope, Silverstone SX-1000 - maybe.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
on one hand, more availability and cheaper price can only be good for the majority of buyers.

on the other hand, this is my sentiment exactly, on paper this has nothing that I would want over the SF750. personally I'd like to see something that can make me switch from the Corsair SF750. CM V850 - nope, Silverstone SX-1000 - maybe.

Hmm I think if it offers same spec, same warranty, and at cheaper price, it would provide a great competition VS Corsair SF750.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hmm I think if it offers same spec, same warranty, and at cheaper price, it would provide a great competition VS Corsair SF750.
Spec wise, it is Gold (vs SF750 Platinum) and 5-year warranty (vs SF750 7-year).
But, maybe it is the price. Newegg lists it at US$140 (vs SF750 at US$185).

Lian Li is known for their cases but not for PSU, SFX or ATX. I think this is their first SFX PSU. So, it is better if it is more than good as 1st impression is important.
Also, as this is SFX and not ATX, I wonder if this is a big hint that Lian Li is planning to get more into SFF cases. If so, this is good news.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
yep, it can be a good alternative for people to get the 1st SFX PSU in their life. Just that for most SFF enthusiasts like us, it will not really be a factor.

Reactions: olbi

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Here is a couple of reviews. Seems quite good.

According to The FPS Review, the OEM for this unit is apparently Enhance Electronics

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
per the 2nd review the OEM is Enhance, same OEM that Silverstone uses.

According to The FPS Review, the OEM for this unit is apparently Enhance Electronics
Indeed this might be the best p/p 750W SFX unit if MSRP holds.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

The OEM is who now? 🤔...

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
While it is always good to have choices, I wonder what this PSU brings particularly to the table.
Is there anything unique? Can anyone spot its major selling point? Its brushed aluminum housing?
Well, at least, I like its look

Would be nice if someone made an SFF PSU for SFFPCs....that had cables smaller than MFF/LFF length.

One can dream.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
This company is claiming the OEM is Helly
Hmm apparently Helly Technology's OEM is also Enhance according to a user in reddit post below. And Helly is the one making the "ENP-7760B & 7660B" for smart cat, inspired from the original Enhance ENP-7660B.. So does it mean all of them are made by Enhance at the end? I am confused lol.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hmm apparently Helly Technology's OEM is also Enhance according to a user in reddit post below. And Helly is the one making the "ENP-7760B & 7660B" for smart cat, inspired from the original Enhance ENP-7660B.. So does it mean all of them are made by Enhance at the end? I am confused lol.

I would not be surprised as Helly is not really big in OEM PC PSU business.

Here is a list complied about 4 years ago. So, it is not very updated but good enough to give a large general picture.
It lists OEM of various brands.

On another note, maybe this deserves a thread of its own but I put it here anyway. FSP also releases 750W and 850W SFX PSU in their Dagger Pro series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheffie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 5, 2021

"Wait its all Enhance...?"
"Always has been"

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
This company is claiming the OEM is Helly

Well is the OEM Helly or Enhance? Cause I certainly don’t feel this PSU being enhanced in any way. Especially not comparing it to the SF750 anyway, it gets beaten.
Especially considering I don’t think I’d use it personally, due to never heard of either Helly or Enhanced Electronics. Seems like a ghetto store in a big mall somewhere… Feels a bit safer to purchase of AliExpress to be honest, and that is saying something 😆

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Well is the OEM Helly or Enhance? Cause I certainly don’t feel this PSU being enhanced in any way. Especially not comparing it to the SF750 anyway, it gets beaten.
Especially considering I don’t think I’d use it personally, due to never heard of either Helly or Enhanced Electronics. Seems like a ghetto store in a big mall somewhere… Feels a bit safer to purchase of AliExpress to be honest, and that is saying something 😆
I've never heard of either of them as well but I'm no PSU aficionado and I'm not in the market for a PSU as I just bought a Corsair SF750 lol

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Lian Li works together with ENHANCE for their power supplies. ENHANCE is a well known Taiwanese OEM/ODM in the PC power supply industry with overall good reputation. They also work with SilverStone.

Some time ago Lian Li already made some SFX-L PSU together with ENAHNCE but it had a few shortcomings. From the initial reviews, the SP750 looks better.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I've never heard of either of them as well but I'm no PSU aficionado and I'm not in the market for a PSU as I just bought a Corsair SF750 lol
Corsair SF750's OEM is Great Wall. GW and Enhance are fairly strong in OEM PSU business. Because they are mainly OEMs so PC consumers (especially those outside of China) seldom hear of them.
Anyway, it is hard and not fair (whether in favour of or bias against) to judge only by the name. This is because these companies produced OEMs across the entire spectrum, meaning they produce top-tier ones (for a higher price) as well as cheapo ones for brand name.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Seems like a ghetto store in a big mall somewhere… Feels a bit safer to purchase of AliExpress to be honest, and that is saying something 😆
Enhance is the OEM for many of Silverstone PSUs (ATX and SFX also) in recent years so I don't see a problem here. The latest Silverstone SX1000 SFX-L was tested at close to 1500W (50% over advertised) and it was fine so that proves the quality to me.

I'm in the same situation, already have SF750 so this one is a pass for sure. But good price for new SFF/ITX builder to enter to the segment.