SFF.Network [SFF Network] Lian Li shows off new cases and it’s SFX or bust!

I had spotted a pic or two of new Lian Li cases at Computex but it's taken until now to get information about them. Tom's Hardware has the details and they look intriguing.

First is the PC-Q22, pictured above. It is a 2-slot Mini-ITX case with room for two 2.5" drives, a single 3.5" drive, and a 240mm rad. As mentioned in the title, it only takes SFX/SFX-L power supplies. Tom's Hardware mentions that the PSU is mounted in the front, which it'd have to be given that the rear of the case is dominated by the motherboard IO cutout, the two expansion slots, and a large vented area (which strangely does not seem to have mounting holes for 92mm fans). What I'm not sure on is whether the PSU is mounted up high like the NCASE M1 or lower down closer to the front IO.

Read more here.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I like the design of the split chamber cases, although these will probably be a lot bigger than I'd stomach. I don't like the "Ncase M1 with extending sidepanel" design, it reminds me too much of the Eboncheap line.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I don't like the "Ncase M1 with extending sidepanel" design, it reminds me too much of the Eboncheap line.

I kinda like it since it's not just a box but I really need more and better pictures to decide. I'm curious if they're using the vents in the angled sections as baffled intakes or they're just for looks.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

Ah thanks! What's really interesting about the ITX dual-chamber case is that it has a C-Type Front panel connector. It could be that it's just connected to an internal USB2.0 header, but it's a start and it won't be one of the ones that need to be connected to a PCIe extension card, unless LianLi decided a C-Type extension card for M.2 B-Key was a good idea.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I hope they produce that ITX dual chamber soon. It's really nice looking. An m-ATX dual chamber would be great too.