News LIAN LI - SP750 SFX PSU

Surprised no ones spotted this yet, seems like its releasing July 12 according to Newegg

olbi

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2019
Looking quiet good. Specs aren't that bad. I will also check this two reviews from earlier posts :-)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It wasn't posted yet I think, here's Anandtech's review: https://www.anandtech.com/show/16809/the-lian-li-sp750-750w-sfx-psu-review/

The quality of the Lian Li SP750 is excellent. Both externally and internally, Lian Li’s designers were very careful with their selection of components and with the manufacturing process. As a result, the SP750 is not just reliable but also very aesthetically pleasing. It is actually strange that Lian Li only covers the SP750 with a 5-year warranty, whereas most other manufacturers offer up to 10 years for products of just as good quality.

When it comes to performance, the Lian Li SP750 does not disappoint. It offers excellent electrical performance, with power quality figures that we expect to see only with top-tier PSU designs. The energy conversion efficiency is exceptional, with the unit easily justifying its 80Plus Gold certification. What is even more impressive is its resilience to high internal temperatures, which hardly affect the unit’s conversion efficiency. The only troubling performance aspect of the SP750 is the cooling fan, which will easily become audible when the PSU is heavily loaded, even with the unit inside a relatively cool system.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hmm apparently Helly Technology's OEM is also Enhance according to a user in reddit post below. And Helly is the one making the "ENP-7760B & 7660B" for smart cat, inspired from the original Enhance ENP-7660B.. So does it mean all of them are made by Enhance at the end? I am confused lol.

"Wait its all Enhance...?"
"Always has been"

Well is the OEM Helly or Enhance? Cause I certainly don’t feel this PSU being enhanced in any way. Especially not comparing it to the SF750 anyway, it gets beaten.
Especially considering I don’t think I’d use it personally, due to never heard of either Helly or Enhanced Electronics. Seems like a ghetto store in a big mall somewhere… Feels a bit safer to purchase of AliExpress to be honest, and that is saying something 😆

I've never heard of either of them as well but I'm no PSU aficionado and I'm not in the market for a PSU as I just bought a Corsair SF750 lol
Lian Li works together with ENHANCE for their power supplies. ENHANCE is a well known Taiwanese OEM/ODM in the PC power supply industry with overall good reputation. They also work with SilverStone.

Some time ago Lian Li already made some SFX-L PSU together with ENAHNCE but it had a few shortcomings. From the initial reviews, the SP750 looks better.

This unit is NOT made by Enhance.

The platform is also different than Corsair SFX.

How do I know, I visited the companies / factories that make SFX power supplies, including this one. The prototype unit I have had is noticeably louder than my Corsair SF750 and CM V850.

Sheffie

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 5, 2021
This unit is NOT made by Enhance.

The platform is also different than Corsair SFX.

How do I know, I visited the companies / factories that make SFX power supplies, including this one. The prototype unit I have had is noticeably louder than my Corsair SF750 and CM V850.
Who makes it then?

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Interesting, I swear the first review said the OEM is ENHANCE, now I read it's HELLY aka 1stPlayer...

Can you confirm that?
Anandtech and Techpowerup has reviewed the PSU and they stated the OEM is Helly so its confirmed to be them instead of Enhance. Since they are a lot more credible in testing PSU's, they should be correct.

The fan is quite loud and aggressive up to 45dBA as per Techpowerup's review so its not quiet compared to Corsair SF750 unfortunately.

Reactions: thelaughingman

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Anandtech and Techpowerup has reviewed the PSU and they stated the OEM is Helly so its confirmed to be them instead of Enhance. Since they are a lot more credible in testing PSU's, they should be correct.

The fan is quite loud and aggressive up to 45dBA as per Techpowerup's review so its not quiet compared to Corsair SF750 unfortunately.

the other reviews I've read before have also been modified in the meantime - now naming HELLY or removed the OEM name completely.

Let's see what the first customers say...

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Well to be fair, this one is 80+ Gold rated, the Corsair is 80+ Platinum, which means it's much more premium in that regard. So in that aspect, I would expect no less for it to be quieter.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Regarding the noise, the graph above is TPU's ''high temperature tests'', meaning the ambient is 37-46C. Frankly, this is not very practical and realistic for an average user as a man hardly can sit comfortably in a room of this range of temperature.

For TPU's noise test in 30C ambient, noise seems still abundant (I need a little time to understand the graph😅) but the main problem now appears to be the fan starting too soon (ie well below the Lian Li's stated 40%). Well, I have to assume Lian Li does not lie about this semi passive feature 40% thing. This might only mean that this feature is unintentionally messed up. I hope, this is just those models sent out for testing and reviews and this issue will be corrected in their next production for retail.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
the graph above is TPU's ''high temperature tests'', meaning the ambient is 37-46C. Frankly, this is not very practical and realistic for an average user as a man hardly can sit comfortably in a room of this range of temperature.

AFAIK this test shall simulate the PSU is sitting inside your case and the other components are heating it up. If you have a well ventilated case where the PSU has direct access to fresh air, or like you - have a open bench - this test doesn't say much of course. But imagine it sitting in a small sandwich case with limited airflow...

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Well to be fair, this one is 80+ Gold rated, the Corsair is 80+ Platinum, which means it's much more premium in that regard. So in that aspect, I would expect no less for it to be quieter.

For the prototype I have, not only the fan spin more frequently, but the fan is actually louder acoustically than the Corsair and Cooler Master SFX.

So even if the fan RPM was the same, the fan is louder than both Corsair and Cooler Master, just an inferior fan for noise - keep in mind Cooler Master V850 is also 80+ Gold.

I don't have equipment to test the power, so I can only comment on fan noise.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
AFAIK this test shall simulate the PSU is sitting inside your case and the other components are heating it up. If you have a well ventilated case where the PSU has direct access to fresh air, or like you - have a open bench - this test doesn't say much of course. But imagine it sitting in a small sandwich case with limited airflow...
I know. Actually I was not thinking of an open bench (which is, of course, used only by a very small % of people).
I am thinking, this 'hot box' test is still not very useful to an average user as well.

In the old days, the PSU sits at the case top rear and sucks air from inside the case. If the PSU sits here, then this 'hot box' test is much useful.
However, as years go by, the PSU moves to the bottom rear to suck fresh ambient air. I have no data to back me up but my bet is this is still the current 'standard' PSU position for a majority of cases.

For smaller cases, taking the Ncase M1 (the classic SFF case of all time?) and Dan A4 (the classic sandwich case?), both have the PSU located at case top front, sucking fresh ambient air from the side.

I think this 'hot box' test has gradually losing its usefullness. BTW, I just checked their testing methodology (https://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/psu/161/2) which is dated back to 2011!

Anyway, I have not used a case for too long and admit losing memory of how hot it can get inside a case, especially with recent hardwares. 😅

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017

If you cannot read Japanese you will need a translator to complete the transaction and create an Amazon Japan account, as there is no cross-compatibility with other amazon country's accounts. US and Japan for example. Newegg has it in stock only as a combination with a Lian Li case at $199.00.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I REALLY like the look of it. It would be perfect in a Dan A4 that is already mostly brushed metal. Yet I would love to see a psu that can spin on a lower rpm even on an idle system barely using 30% of it's power. When I check the back of my psu while gaming, it still doesn't spin but the backside is hot. Some basic airflow would be nice, especially with full-sized gpu's heating it from the other side as well in sandwich-style enclosures. So if this psu spins more often, I see that as an advantage - would even consider a noctua fan swap and have a quiet psu that actually spins for a change.