Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

SimoxTav

Efficiency Noob
Mar 6, 2022
Hello everyone, Happy Easter!
One question about the choice of the AIO. Is it really better to have the tubes going below the PSU?
I'm looking for an AIO with a single power/pump cable (rather than having a SATA cable alone to power the pump) and the finalists are the EK240 and the Fractal S24.
The S24 has the pump in the radiator, so with the radiator placed on top it would not be the optimal position for bubbles of air, however the tubes length allows to route them below the PSU.
On the other hand, the EK240 has shorter tubes but the pump on the CPU block which is not the highest point.
Other than having softer curves on the tubes (U shaped route for the Fractal rather than S shaped of the EK), would it be really better to have the tubes going below the PSU? Is the curve above the PSU too tight?
In my mind below the CPU you have to manage more (and thicker) cables, at last to mobo and GPU, while on top you have only the AC cable.

couchpotato

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2019
Hello everyone, Happy Easter!
One question about the choice of the AIO. Is it really better to have the tubes going below the PSU?
I'm looking for an AIO with a single power/pump cable (rather than having a SATA cable alone to power the pump) and the finalists are the EK240 and the Fractal S24.
The S24 has the pump in the radiator, so with the radiator placed on top it would not be the optimal position for bubbles of air, however the tubes length allows to route them below the PSU.
On the other hand, the EK240 has shorter tubes but the pump on the CPU block which is not the highest point.
Other than having softer curves on the tubes (U shaped route for the Fractal rather than S shaped of the EK), would it be really better to have the tubes going below the PSU? Is the curve above the PSU too tight?
In my mind below the CPU you have to manage more (and thicker) cables, at last to mobo and GPU, while on top you have only the AC cable.
The space and gap on the top side to route the tubes is pretty tight if you have taller RAMs. Asus motherboard usually has the RAM slots a few mm lower, thus a bigger gap for the tubes.
I have Gigabyte mobo and Corsair Dominator RAM. No way I can route both tubes on the top side. So they go through the bottom.

Napier

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2022
just to make sure -

this one is the glacier model i need?
240mm MPH PH-GO240MPH_DBK01
pairing with i5 12600K

SimoxTav

Efficiency Noob
Mar 6, 2022
The space and gap on the top side to route the tubes is pretty tight if you have taller RAMs. Asus motherboard usually has the RAM slots a few mm lower, thus a bigger gap for the tubes.
I have Gigabyte mobo and Corsair Dominator RAM. No way I can route both tubes on the top side. So they go through the bottom.
I see, thanks for the clarification. I have an Asrock B450 with Trident Ram, so I will have to take some measurement for my choice since the slots are really near the upper border

Akilsmith

Case Bender
New User
Apr 19, 2022
Hi guys, do you think that i can install my nzxt z53 with 4 Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM mounted in push/pull in my brand new Dan A4H2o ?

aussiesweagles

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 1, 2022
Anybody using an Asus B550-I? I want to mount a gen 3 m.2 on the backside but am debating whether to squee a heatsink on it. It’s naked now & not touching the case divider but I think adding a heatsink would be a very tight fit.

Dwyz

Case Bender
New User
Nov 25, 2020
Anybody using an Asus B550-I? I want to mount a gen 3 m.2 on the backside but am debating whether to squee a heatsink on it. It’s naked now & not touching the case divider but I think adding a heatsink would be a very tight fit.
Yes using a B550i, depends on the heatsink, if it is rigid mount no, but if you can move it about yes. In other words only heatsinks that attach with rubberband/o-ring so you can offset the heatsink forward (over the connector) and slightly off to the side.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Code:
[IMG]Picture-URL[/IMG]

This is how you insert a picture. Use the abload direct link.

Reactions: Gefreiterl

MatarM0

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 8, 2022
any body knows the dimensions of it including the packaging + how much it weights?
i'm tired of waiting it to be availiable locally so i may use package forwader to get it :/