Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

zorael

Efficiency Noob
Feb 22, 2022
I understand you want to use the included standoffs if you have a FE card, to give the fan somewhere to blow.

What about any other dual-slot card? Should they be mounted with the standoffs to get closer to the side of the case, or without?

Reactions: rfarmer

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I could finally fix my AM4 AIO, a Phanteks 240, standoff issue by ordering a new backplate.
I have done some tests by running Satisfactory in 4k for more than 1 hour.
The GPU, a Gigabyte RTX 3080 10G OC, slowly rises to 83 degrees until my fan curve reaches the right speed to maintain its temp.
The system is then very, very loud despites my custom fan curve for the GPU.
It seems like my GPU hot air cannot be extracted from the case fast enough.

Is it because I connected the AIO fan controller to the CPU fan controller? My CPU temps are low because it's a 65W 3700X, maybe the exhaust fans of the AIO do not spin high enough to exhaust the heat of the GPU.

Shall I connect the AIO fans to the chassis fan controller to increase their speed? My system temps reach 105 degrees.

Edit: I could find an app to control my CPU fan speed. By boosting the AIO fans to 63%, I can keep my GPU temp at 81 degrees with its fans at 60% and the total loudness is then almost acceptable. I know the design is like the A4-SFX, not thought for low noise levels, but I expected less noise to be honest. Maybe the system will be more comfortable with a GPU that consumes less than 300w. Mine pumps 355w.

I will try to tweak the CPU fan speed curve in the bios to maintain 60% even if the CPU is below 60 degrees.

Edit: I swapped the 2 Phanteks 120mm fans with Noctuas NH-12x25 and tuned the curve to be roughly running at 60% despites the low CPU temps. I can then keep my GPU fans to around 57% and the GPU temps stay stable at 79 degrees with very acceptable total fan noise.
I wonder if upgrading my 3700x with a 12700 non k would make the PC louder or if the current fan speed would just absorb the extra heat with no problem.

Last edited:

couchpotato

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2019
Finish rehousing my PC to the A4 H2O case. There isn't a big enough gap to rout both tubes on top of the PSU, as the RAMs are taking a lot of space. I end up routing the tubes through the bottom. I use a EK SE radiator, which is 27mm thick. I actually have enough space to use fan grills. So no worry of cable messing with the fans.

Last edited:

alexba

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2022
Guys I have tried looking around for Phanteks LGA 1700 mount. It seems like its shipped with the new AIO you purchase. Tried to reach out to their support but not getting any response.

Alternatively do anyone have a CAD drawing of the mount so I can make it myself?

Tartifless

Efficiency Noob
Mar 1, 2022
Hello team, will the BeQuiet Silent Loop 2 240 fit ? I see the pure loop fits, the silent loop seems to have the same dimensions ...

My build consists of a H570m asrock board with i9-11900 and RTX 3070 (gigabyte) that currently sits in a a4 V4.1.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Guys I have tried looking around for Phanteks LGA 1700 mount. It seems like its shipped with the new AIO you purchase. Tried to reach out to their support but not getting any response.

Alternatively do anyone have a CAD drawing of the mount so I can make it myself?
I can tell you already that on my purchase of the 240 from last week, the 1700 mount was not included. Only the 1200.

Tartifless

Efficiency Noob
Mar 1, 2022
It's 120mm wide and 52mm tall, so it should fit no problem.
Thanks.

Indeed, for the i9-11900 i am hesitating between the following and i am completely LOST on what is the best !

- Corsair H100x (will i get enough control of fans and pump (I have 1 pump header and 2 pwm headers on MB)
- Corsair H100i PRO XT (Is ICUE necessary or can i connect fans to MB ?)
- Corsair H100i elite capellix (will the commander fit in the case ? Is the ICUE software not too heavy ?)
- Asus ROG STRIX LC 2 240 (seems a very good choice)
- Arctic Liquid Freezer II (however i am afraid the pump part will not fit a mini-itx board...)
- Cooler Master Master Liquid (any opinion ?)
- Bequiet Pure loop (any opinion ?)
- Bequiet Silent loop (any opinion ?)
- EK 240 (any opinion ?)
- NZXT Kraken X52 or X53 (any opinion ?)

I would rather select one that includes the LGA1700 support (for futureproof reasons), i know the ASUS does...

Do any of you have experience with AIOs and best in class in terms of cooling/noise ratio ?

Regards

pr0m3t

Chassis Packer
Jan 17, 2022
Re aio choice, the arctic liquid freezer is too thick and won't fit.
Personally I would go with the EK 240 and replace the fans with p12s.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Latest set of pictures before the rig is sold. Trying to downsize the Excessively Large number of PC’s here. This rig fell between the hypermobile RTX2080Ti Mjolnir (use the VirtualLink USB-C connector ln the RTX 20 card, RTX 30 cards miss this port 🙁 )

big gaming rig is with a RTX3090FE, and that’s not compatible with any SFF case out there - eyeing the C4-SFX 😀

So selling this rig and hoping it’ll serve the new owner well!

I had a hard time with the rig, specs here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MhvgLs

The rig wasn’t stable in idle, it blue screened and hanged quite often. Suspected a faulty riser, or incompatibility between the PCIe Gen5 16x slot and the RTX3080 Founders Edition. But in the end it was the 5600Mhz Geil DDR5 set, replaced it with a Kingston 4800Mhz, and bam, rig was stable and performs excellent.

Bshoults

Caliper Novice
Sep 20, 2017
Latest set of pictures before the rig is sold. Trying to downsize the Excessively Large number of PC’s here. This rig fell between the hypermobile RTX2080Ti Mjolnir (use the VirtualLink USB-C connector ln the RTX 20 card, RTX 30 cards miss this port 🙁 )

big gaming rig is with a RTX3090FE, and that’s not compatible with any SFF case out there - eyeing the C4-SFX 😀

So selling this rig and hoping it’ll serve the new owner well!

I had a hard time with the rig, specs here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MhvgLs

The rig wasn’t stable in idle, it blue screened and hanged quite often. Suspected a faulty riser, or incompatibility between the PCIe Gen5 16x slot and the RTX3080 Founders Edition. But in the end it was the 5600Mhz Geil DDR5 set, replaced it with a Kingston 4800Mhz, and bam, rig was stable and performs excellent.
How is the sound of the 3080FE under load? I have an A4 and it sounds like it’s about to take off.

Dahwan

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 2, 2022
on their spec it says the max height of the radiator is only 50mm. other AIO on the list have 27mm radiator + 25mm fan while the silverstone permafrost240 have 28mm radiator + 25mm fan. I already ordered my pf240 not sure if I should just cancel it.