Lian Li/DAN A4-H2O

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think all AIOs are performing similar with a 27-30mm thick radiator. There are only 2-3 OEMs that does make the AIOs. So all of them use similar radiators. The big diff is included fans or pump noise.

The EKWB AIOs has a very silent pump inaudible at 80% speed, good fans but bad tube length and stiff tubes. Installation would be easier on AIOs with 400mm tube length. I would use Phanteks it has the gen7 Asetek pump that is also very silent on 80%. I would combin it with Artic or Noctua fans.

TangoNovember42

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 15, 2022
Anyone thinking about lengths for custom cable runs? Keen to have a shorter PSU set done for this to save cable management hassle...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I dont think it will fit because it is too close.

Waterblock: 154mm
PCIe zone: 12mm
Slot bracket overhang: 15mm
Total = 181mm

The absolute max is 180mm. It could fit like a glove but it could be also not possible to get the card inside without disassembly the complete case or cutting holes.

Last edited:

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
I dont think it will fit because it is too close.

Waterblock: 154mm
PCIe zone: 12mm
Slot bracket overhang: 15mm
Total = 181mm

The absolute max is 180mm. It could fit like a glove but it could be also not possible to get the card inside without disassembly the complete case or cutting holes.
Could the corsair fit?, its around 150mm only.

tangoak

Cable Smoosher
Aug 23, 2019
Is the AIO list complete? It would be nice if not compatible AIO were also listed. I am thinking about Silent Loop 2 but I will still need to do some research.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Hitting F5 on all shops, but no listing yet anywhere ... but I guess it's close to release/availability?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Silent Loop 2
Yes it will fit.

Reactions: tangoak and rfarmer

tangoak

Cable Smoosher
Aug 23, 2019
Yes it will fit.

Why not route AIO tubes under the psu while tubes being 400mm?

This would be my first water cooled pc. Little afraid of pump noise so I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger or wait for C4. But otherwise I totally love A4-H2O. Great job!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Why not route AIO tubes under the psu while tubes being 400mm?

Not my build. Techpowerup review.

Hey @dondan sorry for bothering you again. Would an iceman res fit outside the case?

The ICE-N-box mini could fit but would require modding. If you use a shorter GPU a classic reservoire could fit behind the front next to the psu and also the Iceman ssupd should fit on this spot.

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
Not my build. Techpowerup review.

The ICE-N-box mini could fit but would require modding. If you use a shorter GPU a classic reservoire could fit behind the front next to the psu and also the Iceman ssupd should fit on this spot.
So, it is not possible to do something like this?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
So, it is not possible to do something like this?
Wrong thread

Hi @dondan sorry to bother you, I just wanted to ask if you’d think that the CoolerMaster PL240 Flux is a good choice for the A4-H2O? I checked the dimensions and it fits in the H2O no problem, but the tube length is only around 350mm. Machines & More said that it was a stronger performer on both thermals and noise. Thanks
If you route the tubes between PSU and AIO it will fit like the EKWB AIO. But there are other AIOs where you get more for your money.

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I just ordered the A4-H2O at caseking, I wanted to share the story here.

Edit: my order has been shipped, 3 hours after I ordered :)

I had to replace my beloved A4-SFX when I could order a 3-slot 3080 in Dec 2020. I had to rebuild into a NR200P that I do not love as much as my shoebox. The plastic clips holding the panels can break easily and Cooler Master does not sell them individually. Also, my Corsair SF750 broke in my NR200P. I could not find the rootcause, the cord extension makes some worrying noise when replugging the cable on the NR200P. Maybe my PSU just died for another reason, but it did not make me love the NR200P more.

When I go on trips, I love to bring my SFF with a portable monitor instead of using a super loud and hot gaming laptop.
We could not go on vacation for the last 2 years due to... you know what, so the NR200P never made a trip.
Yesterday, I tested my wife. I showed her the NR200P and the A4-SFX and asked her if she was ok with me bringing the NR200P in the car trunk. She laughed at my face. She said if I only brought with me 1 pair of pants and 2 T-Shirts, yes I can pack the NR200P. But the A4-SFX is fine, it fits in my backpack.

So this morning, I ordered the A4-H2O from caseking with a Phanteks 240 to rebuild my system in as is. I hesitated between rebuilding the A4-SFX + keeping the NR200P with a CPU+MB upgrade and switching to the H2O.
First option is tempting now that we can order GPUs easily, but prices for medium GPUs remain really high.

Last edited: