Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Btw K888D, just wondering, is slight PSU sagging normal?
Yes you will see some sagging of the PSU as the rear panel is flexible, the weight of the PSU does pull the panel forward when the case is not fully assembled. Once the GPU and the top panel are fixed into place the rear panel is supported better and the sagging is reduced.

Reactions: Phuncz

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
Yes you will see some sagging of the PSU as the rear panel is flexible, the weight of the PSU does pull the panel forward when the case is not fully assembled. Once the GPU and the top panel are fixed into place the rear panel is supported better and the sagging is reduced.

Cool, Thanks !

I'll post something interesting tomorrow XD
There will be a new toy to be tested arriving tomorrow.

Reactions: ricochet and K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
VENEER SURVEY RESULTS

Thanks to everyone who took the time to fill in the SURVEY, 31 people in total responded, your feedback is very much appreciated! I especially like the comment someone left on the form:

"I like the color of wench, but not the texture"

that's a whole different kind of feedback!

Anyway, back to the wood, the results have been compiled below:
  1. Wenge = 4.03
  2. Bamboo = 3.61
  3. Teak = 3.58
  4. American Nut = 3.26
  5. Beach = 3.03
*Average score (5 = Looks Great, 1 = Looks Rubbish).

Overall Wenge is the favorite followed by Bamboo, I like that 2 contrasting woods have made the top 2.

Reactions: ricochet

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
While I look for fan for my LZ7 , my mind was struck by an age old question.
Will AIO fit?
That was the beginning of my janky journey to fit AIO inside a LZ7, for science.

Today, I received Silverstone td03 slim, I chose this AIO because it is pretty slim and have slim (15mm) fan which mean I can put the fan inside the case and the radiator outside.

I don't actually measure properly before buying the AIO, but it actually fit the side panel well :p

My kind of mod is no mod , I removed the IO shield of the motherboard and pass the tubing through that hole.
Because every motherboard io is different, this method might not suit your motherboard, YMMV

that tubing curved... but it doesn't kink , so shouldn't be a problem.
I think the better implementation is by making a little hole beside the psu mount, but I have neither the skill nor the will to do that XD.

I'll post the perfomance matrix later, it's definitely better during prime 95 vs noctua nhl9i + prolimatech combo.
Honestly, it kinda stupid using AIO for non K CPU, but this is for science, to show that it is kinda of possible :p

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Very cool idea! Do you think it is possible to drill two holes for the radiator input/output into the case and then flip the radiator over? Thus no tubing going outside the case?

Reactions: cmyk78

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
Very cool idea! Do you think it is possible to drill two holes for the radiator input/output into the case and then flip the radiator over? Thus no tubing going outside the case?
With the way I oriented the radiator, I think the tubing will hit the corner piece even with a hole.

But, if the radiator is oriented the other way around, with the tubing closer to the power button, I think it will work (esp for those with vandal button side panel)

Reactions: ricochet

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com

Just holes wouldn't be enough, you'd have to make an open-ended slot to slide the tubes in. But I think that would look very nice.

I think the tubing will hit the corner piece even with a hole.

That should be fixable with a bit of filing :)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
While I look for fan for my LZ7 , my mind was struck by an age old question.
Will AIO fit?
That was the beginning of my janky journey to fit AIO inside a LZ7, for science.

Today, I received Silverstone td03 slim, I chose this AIO because it is pretty slim and have slim (15mm) fan which mean I can put the fan inside the case and the radiator outside.

I don't actually measure properly before buying the AIO, but it actually fit the side panel well :p

My kind of mod is no mod , I removed the IO shield of the motherboard and pass the tubing through that hole.
Because every motherboard io is different, this method might not suit your motherboard, YMMV

that tubing curved... but it doesn't kink , so shouldn't be a problem.
I think the better implementation is by making a little hole beside the psu mount, but I have neither the skill nor the will to do that XD.

I'll post the perfomance matrix later, it's definitely better during prime 95 vs noctua nhl9i + prolimatech combo.
Honestly, it kinda stupid using AIO for non K CPU, but this is for science, to show that it is kinda of possible :p

Excellent, I wondered if anyone would be brave enough to try this! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

With the way I oriented the radiator, I think the tubing will hit the corner piece even with a hole.

But, if the radiator is oriented the other way around, with the tubing closer to the power button, I think it will work (esp for those with vandal button side panel)

Just holes wouldn't be enough, you'd have to make an open-ended slot to slide the tubes in. But I think that would look very nice.

Don't forget as @iFreilicht pointed out, you can't just drill holes to the diameter of the tubes as you need to fit the radiator or pump through the holes aswell! The only way to do it would be to have a cutout recessed along an edge.

If I was to do this mod for myself it would have to be a custom panel, I would remove the 140mm fan mounting holes, reduce the fan cutout diameter and move the 120mm fan mounts over towards the front of the case slightly, the hose cutout could then be positioned vertically along the rear edge. The only problem would be potential overhang over the power panel, there should just be enough room.

I could get the panel made for you, but not sure if its worth the cost of sending a single panel all the way to Australia?!

You know... I sure wouldn't mind a white case with bamboo veneer...

Stay tuned, I'm hoping to use this combo for some photo's, probably a month or so away yet though.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I could get the panel made for you, but not sure if its worth the cost of sending a single panel all the way to Australia?!

Perhaps you could do the panel design and then send him the resulting file he could take to a local shop to have done? Lot of work on your end but maybe one day you'll sell optional AIO panels along side the case people can order when they purchase..

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Perhaps you could do the panel design and then send him the resulting file he could take to a local shop to have done? Lot of work on your end but maybe one day you'll sell optional AIO panels along side the case people can order when they purchase..
Well there is 1 possibility to make this simple for everyone, I could setup a store on Ponoko who have manufacturing Hubs in America and New Zealand for custom panels. I've been thinking about this for a while.

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
Some preliminary result , take note that I test it on 2 different nights, so the ambient temp is slightly different.

I offer myself as a tribute! XD

I don't mind paying for the side panel and shipping.
Or if you have a cheaper alternative, I don't mind too.

And, I just checked that most 120mm AIO have about the same radiator length (~152mm) , so the cutout should be compatible with other AIO:).

Last edited:

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Some preliminary result , take note that I test it on 2 different nights, so the ambient temp is slightly different.

I offer myself as a tribute! XD

I don't mind paying for the side panel and shipping.
Or if you have a cheaper alternative, I don't mind too.

And, I just checked that most 120mm AIO have about the same radiator length (~152mm) , so the cutout should be compatible with other AIO:).
This would be f'ing awesome... I love this! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I think it is worth every penny you'll spend to try this out!

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
@K888D , some measurement:
Diameter of hose: 12mm
Center to center: 53mm
Length:154 mm
width: 120mm
thickness: 23mm

Thanks XD

OK take a look HERE, it should fit the radiator you have, that is just for that single panel in Smoked Grey Tint (same as what the current panel is). Or you can look HERE for a full set of panels with different material availability including some wood options, but it costs a bit more which is a risk if the profile doesn't work for your radiator!

I'm not 100% sure how the Ponoko process works, but it looks like the lead time should be around 8 - 10 working days.