Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
When I first showed the wooden veneer panel prototype panels last year I received loads of interest for them, but I never got round to doing anything about it.

Reminder (Wenge Panels):

There are 5 different types of wood finish available to choose from with my supplier, I would like to focus in on 2 or 3 of them and need your help in choosing which ones!

Here is a Photoshop image of what the cases would look like in the various options:

To give your feedback please fill in the Google Form below:

https://******/forms/ZDkM45An1dAMlHlv1

Thanks!

Reactions: ricochet

bait

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2017
The wood looks cool, but is there an advantage to using the veneer panels versus real wood? (Just curious, not critical)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
The wood looks cool, but is there an advantage to using the veneer panels versus real wood? (Just curious, not critical)
The veneer is a laser friendly grade of material that results in minimal edge burn that you can get when cutting some woods. The actual surface of the veneer is real wood.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Shouldn't "American Nut" be a much more yellowy ? Zing-zang !

I like the renders of them all. Wood you be able to make the 3D printed pieces in a matching color or keep it black ? Yes I couldn't keep the play-on-words out of it.

Reactions: zhl146 and K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Yesterday I went for a walk up a hill and took some photos, I got lots of strange looks off people walking by:

There are loads more photos of the case with landscape backgrounds, on rocks, etc, but I'm not sure whether you guys want to see this type of stuff?! Plus photography and image editing is not my strong point!

If anybody wants a crack at seeing what artistic stuff they can do with the original images, let me know and I'll send you them over.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
There are loads more photos of the case with landscape backgrounds, on rocks, etc, but I'm not sure whether you guys want to see this type of stuff?! Plus photography and image editing is not my strong point!

If you don't have one already, make an instagram account and post the pictures there! That's the exact sort of content people are looking for on there. Many indie keyboard designers do the same thing and get great amounts of exposure from that.

Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
If you don't have one already, make an instagram account and post the pictures there! That's the exact sort of content people are looking for on there. Many indie keyboard designers do the same thing and get great amounts of exposure from that.

Thanks, I will definitely look into that.

What program was used to add the text/graphics overlays?

It was done on Photoshop, but my "arty" skills are limited. I've had a go at trying to make the pics seem a bit more gritty and atmospheric, but I'm not convinced with the results.

Tallgeese

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2017
Yesterday I went for a walk up a hill and took some photos, I got lots of strange looks off people walking by:

If anybody wants a crack at seeing what artistic stuff they can do with the original images, let me know and I'll send you them over.

Wow, that looks awesome! Love the elite controller in there! This pic makes me want one of these cases even more

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Thanks, I will definitely look into that.

It was done on Photoshop, but my "arty" skills are limited. I've had a go at trying to make the pics seem a bit more gritty and atmospheric, but I'm not convinced with the results.

I have actually started using the Adobe Lightroom mobile app to adjust pictures. Works pretty awesome.

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
Just a little update from me :)
My Prolimatech fan arrived today!
My idle temp go down from 50ish c to 40 c.
And while playing skyrim my CPU never exceed 50c (before it was 70 c).

Overall I'm really satisfied with the fan.

But on the other side, I literally screwed up by stripping one of the m2.5 screw... XD
Oh well...

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Just a little update from me :)
My Prolimatech fan arrived today!
My idle temp go down from 50ish c to 40 c.
And while playing skyrim my CPU never exceed 50c (before it was 70 c).

Overall I'm really satisfied with the fan.

But on the other side, I literally screwed up by stripping one of the m2.5 screw... XD
Oh well...
Glad to see the Prolimatech fan has reduced your temps, what components are you running in the case?

Regarding the screw - did you strip the head on the screw or the thread in the corner piece?

tomnyamkun

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2017
I have Core i5 6500 and noctua nh L9i.
Without the extra fan the noctua doesn't seems to be able to expel the hot air out fo the case...

It's the head on the screw.
It is one of the screw on the back panel so it is unlikely to be opened again.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Ah right, there should be about 5 spare screws in the pack, but I guess the difficulty is getting the screw out the panel? A fine pair of pliers maybe?